Diving Straight In

Angus Greenwood

OOC First Name
Camilla!
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Angus wasn't quite sure what he was doing. All he knew is that he somehow had the desire to go swimming in the lake. He knew it was October, late October for that matter, he knew it was getting colder, he knew he could end up really sick again, like he did last year, but somehow that didn't daunt him.

Pulling off his shirt, Angus looked around to see nobody he knew in sight, and then sprinted forward, taking a huge jump in to the ice cold water. He surfaced immediately, shivering and spluttering. "That...is...freezing!" he cried, shaking his head and starting to swim around. He'd heard that there were mermaids in the water, and a giant squid, too. Intrigued, he looked around, as he began to adjust to the icy water.

Rain had been swimming around the bottom, she liked looking for things that The Students have lost, she heard a splash up ahead, Student? she thought to herself, she shot up off the Lake bed, she stopped slightly under the boy, watching him, she quickly swam up, forcing herself out of the water, flying over his head before diving back in, she laughed underwater.
swimming up to the boy again she circled around him studing him carefully, this is the first student she had met, and she was fasinated.

Something flew over Angus's head, taking him by surprise. "What the?" he muttered, looking around. It definately wasn't a student...could it have been a...
"Mermaid?" Angus asked out loud, looking below the surface and, sure enough, seeing a mermaid tail. He gasped, inhaling a mouthful of water. Reddening, Angus coughed and spluttered, and took a few breaths before looking back under the water. "Hello there," he said under the water, although he suspected he said nothing more than some bubbles and sounds. Drat. I wish I knew a charm to allow me to speak underwater... he thought to himself, looking around at the mermaid who was circling him.

Rain Continued to Circle the Boy, tilting her head slightly, brushing her hair out of her face, she looked up to him when he began to talk, She laughed when he saw just bubbles. "Hello" She said in a melodic voice, she looked back at the boys foot, she grabbed his foot and studied it closely, she didnt know if this was normal, but she was fasinated, letting his foot go she circeled to face him, "My Name is Rain, whats yours?"

Angus was a bit surprised when the mermaid - Rain - grabbed his foot, although he figured that maybe he hadn't seen a human before. Quickly surfacing and taking a breath of air, he re-submerged and faced Rain again. "Hi Rain! Nice name!" he bubbled, figuring that she probably, or at least hopefully, understood him. "I'm Angus. It's nice to meet you! I've never seen a mermaid before," he said, regarding her in utter fascination.

((sorry my mum cut the net on me last night))

Rain brushed her hair out of her face once more, "Angus... Thats a nice name, I can understand you incase you are wondering, if i could talk above water i would, but i'm sure you would prefer to talk to me underwater" Rain said with a grin, she did another quick circle "Sorry if i seem weird, but i havnt seen a Student before, i have met a human, but i never actually had the oppertunity to actually see what they look like"

Starting to feel the lack of air, Angus surfaced, took in a huge gulp of air, and submerged again. "I hope I provide a good enough model," Angus joked, flexing his lack of muscles and attempting to pose while swimming, which was never a good idea. "It's okay, now I get to see what a mermaid looks like and you get to see what a student looks like!" he exclaimed, before surfacing to get more air.

Rain laughed at the boy while he flexed, "I guess your as fasinating to me as i am to you" she laughed, she studied him again, watching him resurface before coming back under again, "I wish i could speak to you above water, but i'm afraid i dont sound the same" Rain said softly, "But feel free to examine me if you wish, if thats the right way to word it, i dont mind"

Angus shook his head. "It's okay, I don't mind," he said, smiling, and admiring Rain. To think! I thought mermaids didn't exist. "So, uh, how long have you been living in the lake, if you don't mind me asking?" he asked out of sheer curiosity.

Rain Smiled, "A While" Rain Said attempting to think how long, "I cant remember exactly, but its been a good 30 odd years, i was in the Ocean, i got chased by some fishermen who thought i was some rare fish, when i escaped them the current pulled me to a deserted beach, a Wizard was walking by when he found me and offered to bring me here, and ofcourse i accepted" Rain said with a grin, "Its been 30 years and i havnt met a student before, pretty sad i guess, what about you, how long have you been, err, living here? attending here?" Rain asked

Users who are viewing this thread

Back