OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Ebony Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Griffin Feather
Daintree had invited Tres to the yuleball celebration with him, though he wasn’t too sure about them. He hadn’t perhaps been feeling whatever he was supposed to in a while, and he was beginning to think he wasn’t even getting that much out of it. They were dating and he was benefiting from that status, but it wasn’t like….helping much. He had come to the hall with her and after sharing a brief dance he had excused himself to get drinks, and now some minutes later he was still at the drinks table, just looking over the hall, looking at the different people and the different couples, wondering really why these people had all managed to get bonds that worked on the surface and he hadn’t. It couldn’t be because he’d gone into the realtionship thing it more of a mutually beneficial thing and not because he really truly liked her like that.

Nicole sighed, tucking her hair behind her ears as she picked her way along the drink table. Dances were fun, she loved getting ready for them and talking about them with her friends. Now that she was actually here, Nicole just felt awkward and out of place, suddenly unsure how to stand or what to do with her arms. Did they always just hang there like two limp noodles? Crossing them across her chest, Nicole cupped her elbows, scanning the room despondently. Jenna and Emma both had dates this year, and Iris had seemed pretty caught up keeping an eye on her sister all night, which was probably fun for a bit, but Nicole was feeling more and more jealous about it as it went on. She was relieved when she spotted Daintree, Jenna friend, loitering nearby, scooting over to him curiously. "Hey, aren't you Tres' boyfriend? Where is she?" Nicole asked, glancing around for Tres who no doubt looked amazing tonight.

Daintree was a little lost in his own thought and almost jumped when there was a voice next to him. He looked round and spotted, Nicole or something. Jenna’s friend. He nodded, ”I am, she’s dancing, I’m getting drinks,” he said, but he only had one cup in hand, and he wasn’t moving back towards the dance floor. He didn’t want to give any further explanation or get into it any more with a young girl he didn’t really know. She was a friend of Jenna’s and if she was a friend of Jenna’s he’d give her the time of day but he didn’t want to get into his love life with her. ”Are you here with anyone tonight?” He asked her, not spotting anyone she was perhaps with. Though she could like him be taking a break from it.

Roxy clever, yet, lazy Halloween costume had been a bust this year. Apparently, dressing normal wasn't that clever or scary enough to win her a prize. So instead of tossing out the puffy dress, Roxy wore it for the Yule Ball. Shoeless, of course. Roxy didn't wear pantyhose, socks or shoes. The petite Slytherin wander bare feet, with her toes at least painted to match her puffy dress. "Nicole, you almost scared the lad out of his skin!" Roxy smirks, catching his reaction when it happened. The blonde tilted her head up, "She's with me, who are ya?" Roxy smiles, winking over at Nicole. "Ya better not be trying to hit on my girlfriend, ya."

Last edited:
Nicole was a little disappointed that Tres wasn't immediately visible with Daintree, and she instinctively turned her to check when he mentioned she was still dancing. At his own question though she felt herself hesitate, not really wanting to discuss her own lack of a date. She'd been about to make a comment about here with friends when Roxy appeared. It took every bit of her resolve to not let her jaw drop open as Roxy effortlessly lied to Daintree. About being her date. No. About being her girlfriend. Nicole felt her entire face flush hot, stammering for a response, more so after Roxy's wink. But either she called out Roxy's bluff and admitted she was a sad loner, or she went along and had Daintree think she was dating someone who didn't wear shoes to a ball. "Oh um- Yeah. Yes. I'm here- With Roxy," Nicole managed, barely aware that she'd apparently decided any date was better than no date until she was already talking.

Daintree hadn’t been sure what her reaction would be, but there was no time for it when a young, small girl suddenly appeared. He looked at her, and noted that she wasn’t wearing socks or shoes. Dain had to try his best to not scowl at her. Who didn’t wear at least socks to something like this. He shook his head and took a little step back away from the pair, ”I wasn’t,” he said, ”I have girlfriend, she’s over there dancing,” he had lost sight of her, but he was sure that she was roughly there and just a little in the mesh of the crowd. ”I’m Daintree,” he introduced mostly to Nicole’s girlfriend, since he knew nicole from Jenna but didn’t know this other girl. Though unlike in most other occasions he didn’t reach out to shake her hand. On this occasion completely unwilling to do so.

Brows arched instantly, the smirk remained clear on her face. Roxy didn't think it would be that easy to get a girlfriend, or, Nicole so willingly to go along with her spontaneous lie. This will be fun, she thought to herself. "Ya, whateva, I know she's pretty. Ya don't have to LIE and hover over her like that," the petite Slytherin steps over, puffing out her small chest. "Roxy, ya got a problem with my feet, mate? Like, ya never seen toes before," Roxy made her toes wiggle. The nail polish she used from one of roommate were a little glittery and was out of her puffy dress league. Roxy is not usually one for girly things, painted her toes to make them come across a little less icky looking in case she bumped into Nicole tonight. Which she did, Roxy wonders if her roommate notice how less icky her toes looked tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back