Disappointed. Seriously Disappointed

Sinclair Blaze

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Sinclair sat on one of the chairs in the library, looking awestruck. It was very rare to see him looking so shocked. Sinclair had always been composed, almost never letting his emotions be seen. But he couldn't really help it. He had missed the exam in DADA.

He was expecting a higher grade in the subject, always present and always making his homeworks. There was a time when he had missed one class, but he thought he could recover the grade when he does the exam. But no. He missed the exam.

It seemed so stupid to Sinclair that he forgot about the exam dates. It was his fault.

Sinclair dropped down the book he was supposed to read on the table and started to read it, not noticing the person walking towards him.

Eden walked into the library the air gently blowing her hair back as she walked. Everything was perfect for her. All her exams where in and she had gotten all O's. Noticing a follow Slytherin Eden walked over and took a seat next to him. "Hey there Sinclair long time no see." Eden said in a kind voice. There was no reason to act better than this person seeing as they where in the same house.

Sinclair looked up to see a Slytherin girl about his age. He quickly hid his disappointment. Sinclair thought it would be rude if he looks at a person with that kind of expression. He smiled softly and closed the book he was reading. "Good afternoon, Eden. What brings you here?" he asked and tried to pull one of the chairs near him, wondering if Eden was here to review. "Do you need a seat?," he said with his smile, offering the chair he was holding.

Eden took the seat next to Sinclair. "Thank you. You are so kind." Eden said with a smile. "I am so happy exams where over. I did not think I was going to make it through last term with all the classes I was taking. So how have you been?" Eden did not really know Sinclair but they where in the same house and she was trying to become more friendly with her house mates so that she would not feel so alone anymore.

Hoshi walked into the library with her red glittering heels tapping on the ground. She had decided ware something a bit more Lolita though her stalkings where printed with bone print. She got stared at but it was only natural for Hoshi was dark in nature. She was looking for a book on potions. Not that she had suddenly taken an interest in school but there where things she needed to look up. Like if there was an alternitive to the Polyjuice for one.

She looked over and saw Eden sitting next to Sinclair. Two emotions flashed through Hoshi just then. One was happiness in seeing Sinclair and the other was a bit of anger in seeing Eden there. It seemed like Eden did nothing but avoid her as of late. But then it could have been Father mandated that anyone from the Families not talk to her. She sighed then walked over with a darkly bright smile on her face. "Hello there Sin-kun. Hey Eden-chan." She said with her usual cheeky smile.

Eden looked up to see Hoshi and grinned it had been to long since she had seen her sister and she missed her so much. "Hoshi-chan. It is so good to see you. I thought this term would never end I feel like such a jerk for ignoring you and everyone else but in the end it all paid off. Straight O's. Not that its a good enough excuse but it is the only one I have." Eden did not like being away from all those that she cared about but her study's where important to her. She would have the best grades or die trying those where her only choices.

Sinclair only listened at the two girls' conversation. He felt a bit bitter when Eden told Hoshi about her straight Os. But Sinclair tried to conceal the bitterness, and only gave a mask-like smile. He turned to Eden and sighed. "Unfortunately I got low scores. That's why I can't let myself not review today." Sinclair opened the book again and started to read, guessing that the two girls would talk to each other. It was best not to join, Sinclair had thought. "So I think I would drown myself in this book then," he told Eden and then nodded to Hoshi. Sinclair had started reading. It would be pretty hard to get his attention back again.

Eden turned to Sinclair and laughed. "You think your scores are low? I have seen your scores and an EE in many classes is something to be very proud of. When we are of age and we are applying for jobs they will ask what we got on our NEWT's and if you say EE they will hire you." Eden could not believe that Sinclair thought his grades as low. "Have you not seen Hoshi's grades? She is so smart but she settles for A's just because she would like to be out pranking and other things. My dear you are doing very well if you have O's and EE's." Eden said in a kind way.

Hoshi laughed. "Well what I want to do doesn't need what is taught here. Anyway I think the teachers are right in giving me the grades they do. I show up to the dull classes in the first place." She said with a wide smile on her face. She was joking of course. She didn't feel entitled to the grades she got and knew that she could be doing better but then she just didn't want to. Hoshi did have other plans for herself.

Hoshi saw that saw that Sinclair had sunk back into his book so Hoshi did something both very bold and very like her. She walked up behind him and slipped her arms over his shoulders in what looked like a loose hug. She looked at Eden with a bright smile. She liked that Eden was talking to her again. For a moment she thought that Father had put a silencer on her so she couldn't talk to anyone from within the Family. Not that she wanted to talk to many people there anyway but it was always good to keep taps. "Glad to see you've been keeping yourself busy Eden-chan." She said while trying not to laugh.

Sinclair didn't look up from his book when Eden told him that his grades were not as bad as he thought they were. His eyes still moving back and forth at the book, Sinclair smiled. "Hmm... Let's just say... I have high standards when it comes to my studies." he said softly, expecting that he could return to reading.

But then Hoshi suddenly slipped her arms over his shoulders. Sinclair had to admit to himself, he was surprised at this. No girl in his past had ever been so bold to Sinclair. And he wondered if his silent conservative image has flown away from him. "'Crucio'..." he muttered, reading the incantation from the book. "I seriously want to test that spell."

Chree was just helplessly wandering the school. Unlike the other times,she was sad .,.,.,.,awfully sad today. Things kept running around her head she did not know if she wanted someone to talk to or she just wanted to be alone. For a kid, her mind could go to ideas that she's too young to think about. She entered the library and saw the guy who kept on scolding her for different things."Oh great! what did I do wrong now?! he's here again.,., Is it because that he's a grown up and I'm a child that makes him ughhh I dont know mad at me?!" she said in an angry whispered. She noticed that 2 girls were like going crazy over this dude so she saw that she had the chance to hide in one of the bookshelves while the sort of grown-up guy was distracted.

Hoshi was nearly shaking with internal laughter though he had mentioned the Crucio spell. Hoshi loved to throw people for loops even though she was a bit shy around Sinclair Hoshi thought that it was time to show a bit of her true nature. She looked down at the book that Sinclair was reading. “That’s a theory book. You can find them all over the place here. If you want a mechanics book you will have to look in the Restricted Section. Getting permission to get into it is hell and a half to get and there is nearly no way for anyone to brake in. Believe me I’ve tried.” She said with a sigh.

Hoshi’s sharp eyes caught movement in one of the shelves and an idea blossomed. “Would you think less of me if I messed with someone a little bit?” She asked Sinclair in a whisper. She knew that Eden would go along with it because aside from being smart she was had a bit of a mischievous side to her. Sinclair on the other hand was very conservative which had made Hoshi make the bold move in the first place.

Eden laughed at the crucio remark. " You and me both. I think I would like to try it on a few first years that listen in on older students conversations." Eden had seen the first year come in and she was itching to torment a student or two. This one looked like a the prefect target. She was trying to hide and not be seen which brought up flags in Eden's book. Reaching into her robes Eden pulled out both her wands and placed them on the table. "Hoshi should I bring my fans or no?" Eden had her fans in her bag but if they where just going to scare the child than the fans would be over kill.

Sinclair hadn't heard what the two girls said. The point was, he saw a very familiar first year enter the library, hiding--it seemed. Sinclair stood up and went to her. "Little girl, are you planning to go to the resticted section?" he asked her, noticing that she was near the place. Sinclair clearly knew that it was forbidden to go there, though Hoshi had just said that it was hard to get in.

No matter. What do they know, maybe the child could break in some way or another. And it would be better if Sinclair quickly stopped her. "That's the restricted section, can't you see the sign? You're not allowed there."

Hoshi frowned slightly. She had seen this as a good chance to prank but there it went. She looked at Eden then rolled her eyes. "I didn't want to hurt anyone just mess with them for a little bit." She said then looked over. The girl was indeed familer. She had seen the girl while they where down in dungions. She wondered what the girl was doing here now. Did she have a thing for Sinlair. Though she kept a stright face she half wanted to swipe Eden's fans and toss them like ninja stars. She didn't though, she wouldn't that would be givcing a bad impression as well as huring one of the younger students. As reckless as she was Hoshi would never really hurt anyone on purpos. Eden on the other hand was another matter.

Hoshi heard that Sinclair was telling the girl that she was not allowed in the Ristricted Section and smiled a little. "You wouldn't be able to get in there anyway dear, if there was a way I would have found a long time ago." She said. She nearly got permission from Professor Black to go into the Ristricted Section but that had been under the influence of Ms. Koshiba. Hoshi herself couldn't brake into it no matter how hard she tried.

Eden faked a pout at Hoshi. "I guess the fans can stay in the bag but they are so pretty." Eden looked over at the girl if she was any kind of smart she would run while she still could. Eden was always looking to make someone cry but she had calmed down as of lately because she had thoughts of being a prefect running around in her head.

"Let her try Hoshi I hear that every months they change the locks and alarms that go off if a student tries to get in. I want to see if they have anything interesting. The last student who tried was hung my there ankles for three hours until Professor Styx came to free them. It was really funny." Eden said with a smirk on her face. Eden turned her back to the girl this was starting to get boring very fast and if they did not start doing something soon Eden was just going to leave and amuse herself some other way.

As Chree was walking, she observed that the so-called grown ups were following her.She was still a bit depressed at that moment then the young gril looked at the grown up guy. "Look" she said with her high pitched voice then she paused then continued "As I said before in the Poison Ater, I dont read signs because well they are too high and It would be just a waste of time." She said not smiling this time. "And I changed my mind about going to the restricted area because I knew you would follow and scold me again" Chree frankly explained. Chree looked at one of the girls and smiled and she also looked at the other girl and smiled. Then she continued walking forward and as she walked she suddenly turned back and said "I won't have a "thing" for any guy over the age of 11 well as of the moment" then she continued walking again

Hoshi frowned a little bit. How did the girl know what she was thinking. Hoshi had the suspition that Eden had a gift but it wasn't that clear. She couldn't tell whither or not the girl had the same ablity but it was sure that she didn't. She was a bit too silly and from what she had gathered most Seers where very seriouse by nature. "Never a waist to read a sign. Whether or not you do what that sign says is up to you." She said with a wink. She somewhat liked the girl because she seemed like she went against the rules. She looked at Sinclair with a half shy half cheeky smile.

She looked at Eden and shook her head. "Really don't you want to save someone that fate I mean Prof. Styx is evil enough but add the fact that the books know when your in there without permission. Really it's not about the punishment, it's about how brave you are against scraming books and black delusions." She said nodding. She had heard horreres about what happened behind the gate to those that went through it without permission. She had wanted to test that but never found out how.

(A. Hoshi never said anything to her about having a thing about Sinclair B. Eden and Hoshi are still sitting, only Sin has walked up to you C. Hoshi wouldn't scold anyone she would comend Chree on her craftyness if she did get in.)

Eden looked at the girl a bit more before a wicked smile crossed her face. "I once promised a Ravenclaw that I would be nice to all first year Ravenclaws but if you do not get out of my sight this moment. I can not promise I will not break that promise." Eden reached into her bag and pulled out her fans and flicked them open with a wicked sounding snap. Tossing them in the air Eden started to make them go higher and higher and faster and faster. Looking over at Hoshi, Eden winked. These fans where the ones with weights on the bottom no blades just weights that if Eden smacked someone with them they would have a headache for a while

"Fly away little birdie bird before the snakes decide that it is time to play." Eden said in a sing song voice. Eden knew that she should act better but she could not help it. She hated when first years talked to her like they where her equal. That was not the case. Looking back at the first year Eden said one word. "Run." That was all the warning the kid was getting if they did not than Eden was going to make them wish they had.

Sinclair stared at Eden as she threatened the little girl, bringing out fans that Sinclair felt a bit odd. It was something that could harm the girl. And then he looked at Hoshi. This time, he didn't smile nor look kindly at her.

He shook his head and started to walk away. Sinclair clearly didn't like what was happening, bullying a first year like that. He wanted to just pull the little girl away and leave Eden and Hoshi. But as a fellow Slytherin, Sinclair decided not to intervene. "I'm going to the common room." It's too noisy in here. He continued walking and went out of the library, wondering what could possibly happen after he leaves.

Hoshi watched both the girl and Sinclair walk away but to Sinclair she wived. "I will be seeing you later then." She said with a wide smile on her face. Eden and herself where alone now and Hoshi turned to slam her hands on the table. "What where you thinking!" Hoshi said sharply. It was a very unHoshi-ish tone that one would wonder where it came from. "While at home and while out with Father you can scare just as did right now but while at school you will control you darker impulses." She said her eyes flashing.

She couldn't believe after everything they had been through Eden still didn't get that appearances where everything. "The first years will mouth off from time to time but while they are fun to mess with they can be valuable pieces when you need them the most. You may have just lost a window into the Ravenclaw common room for all you know. If you can't see opportunity when in presents itself then maybe I was wrong in choosing you to take my place." She said then turned on her heel to leave.

Hoshi knew that Eden had been working hard for the Families and whatever else she was working on but this was proof that she was learning little. Even the Dark Lord didn't give hints of his true nature at school. Hoshi still had connections to the Koshiba family mostly to keep an eye on Tohoru who seemed to be falling from grace as well. If what she head was true there would be a chance that Eden would have to fight harder for her position as head of the Koshiba family when it came time to ascend. For the foolishness she showed here the tutors that Hoshi had been under would have slapped her. As soon as Hoshi left the library she went back into her normal self.

Eden glared at Hoshi she was not in the mood to be talked down to so she ignored her. Watching as she left Eden smirked. Putting her things away Eden got up and left the room she had some things to do in the common room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back