Digging Deeper

Anthony Blade

OOC First Name
Zach
This RP takes place the day after Admiring The View.

After the events of the previous night with Clementine, he had a much more positive outlook going into the day now that they had a solid plan on possibly finding out about his twin brother. They had arranged to meet after their classes today, and then go over the different Hogwarts yearbooks in hopes to find out the truth. It was a long shot, but so far it had been one of the best ideas that Anthony had heard on the matter and he appreciated Clementine more than she knew for being so willing to help him. He spotted her when he approached the library, and gave her a hug. "Hey," He said with a smile. "I hope I didn't leave you waiting for too long?" And he really hoped not.

Clementine had not expected Anthony to take her suggestion seriously when she said it but she was glad he did because she liked to be of some help to him. She also didn't know if they would be meeting up so soon to go looking in the library because she was afraid he'd be busy or something. But she was glad he had suggested they go look the next day so Clementine was looking forward to seeing him again the next day. When her classes ended, Clementine headed straight for the library and waited at a table by the entrance patiently for him. When she spotted him, she stood up and smiled as he approached. "Hey!" she said brightly, a little surprised by the hug but returning it with no problem. "I haven't been waiting long," she reassured him, "I only got here a few minutes ago." She paused and smiled at him for a moment and felt a nervous sort of feeling. She didn't know if it was because they would potentially be uncovering a deeper secret about his family today or if it was just being around Anthony but she didn't want to dwell on it at the moment. "Shall we?" she said, gesturing towards the area where the yearbooks were kept.

Anthony smiled when Clementine said that she had only just got there, he would have felt bad if he had left her waiting for too long. As they walked towards the yearbooks, he instantly felt a knot in his stomach. Would this be the day that his questions were answered? Would he finally know the identity of his brother? There was so many possibilities, but there was an even bigger possibility that absolutely none of these things would be answered and it'd be a dead end, but there was a slight possibility that things would work out. He picked up last years copy of Accio! and opened it up to the second year page, and right in front of him was his own face staring back at him but with another mans name. Scott Blade. "Scott Blade." He repeated, out loud this time. He looked at Clementine, and pulled her into another hug. A single tear rolled down his cheek, and he was happy. He finally had the answer, and he certainly couldn't have done it without her idea. "Thank you so much." He said to her, grinning.

Clementine didn't want to hover over Anthony too closely because part of her wanted to give him space as he looked for this information so she stood a few steps away as he looked. She was completely surprised at how quickly he seemed to have found his twin and didn't know whether or not to be thrilled for him. She looked at him and barely smiled before he pulled her into a hug. She giggled in surprise but hugged him back and said, "You don't have to thank me." But as she pulled away she saw that he was crying and she gasped lightly. "Don't cry," she said with a small chuckle, not knowing what else to say, but she gently rubbed his arm for comfort. Then she took a step closer and peered down into the yearbook to look at the person named Scott Blade. She gasped and said, "He looks just like you! Identical!" She looked back up at Anthony as if to compare them again. Then she bit her lip as she asked, "What are you going to do now?"

Of all the possibilities that the last 24 hours could have held, Anthony certainly hadn't expected this. He had met a beautiful girl atop the Astronomy Tower late at night, who he was now able to call his friend. He smiled at this. She had then had a brilliant idea for the two of them to solve Anthony's lingering questions together through the use of a Hogwarts Yearbook, and now here they were staring in what could be considered a mirror image of himself.

He wasn't sure what to say. They had been raised differently so there was a good chance that the only thing they shared was their looks and their DNA. He hoped not, but he didn't know if he was comfortable enough to confront him yet. He felt braver when Clementine was around, though, so he smiled and looked her in the eyes, "I want to meet him, but I'm scared. Will you come with me? It says he's a Slytherin but since we're Hufflepuffs we can't go to his common room." He finished, feeling a little bit deflated at the last thought.

It was going to be tough to track him down, he knew that, and it probably wouldn't happen straight away. "Maybe not straight away." He said with a chuckle. "One day, though, I'll find him, and when I talk to him I'd like it if you could be there with me." He said to her. For now, he wanted to enjoy the rest of the day before he worried about any of this. He was in no rush. "Did you have any idea of something we could do for the rest of the day?" He asked.

Clementine raised her eyebrows in surprise when Anthony said he wanted to meet the boy. Of course that was the logical thing that would come next but she was more surprised that he asked her to come. She understood how scary something like that could be so she smiled and nodded her head. "Of course I will," she replied softly. "I'm sure we can find another way to meet him outside his common room," she reasoned. The castle was huge and there were a lot of students so Clementine could understand why the two had never crossed paths but now she was wondering what if she accidentally mistook this Scott Blade person for Anthony one day? But her thoughts were pulled from that when Anthony asked her what she wanted to do for the rest of the day. "Oh um," Clementine blushed lightly, something which surprised her because she had no idea why she was blushing at all for such a simple question. She hadn't expected to find the answer to Anthony's answer so quickly so now they were free to do whatever they'd like and Anthony wanted to spend his time with her. She shrugged and said, "I don't know. What do you usually like to do?" She figured he wouldn't want to do whatever she did in her spare time which was mostly going out to the gardens and picking flowers.

Anthony was enjoying his time with Clementine, and even though things were starting to come forward about his childhood and his family he wasn't ready to confront him yet, or leave Clementine. She was a good friend, and he was happy when they were with each other. "I want to do whatever you want to do." He said with a smile. He had asked her first, and he would be happy doing anything that she wanted to do. He owed her a lot thanks to her good idea the previous night, even though he wasn't sure how he had never thought of that himself. He felt a bit silly after the fact, but he didn't mind, because things had worked out, and he now had someone else that knew his secret, and someone that he could trust. He took her hand into his own, and gestured for her to lead the way to wherever she wanted to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back