Different

Thorn

OOC First Name
Ash
Thorn hid nearby the Rosebush, with a small woven basket in her arms full of small planting tools, looking around for students, she spotted none so the little blue haired elf quickly got up and ran over to the Rosebush pulling out some trimmers and a spray bottle.
The Elf knelt down tucking her scrubby blue dress under her knees and began to trim the bad leaves off and spray the others, cleaning them before covering them with a fine mist.

Thorn looked over her shoulder mumbeling to herself 'Pretty flowers, please grow' she quickly turned back to the bush when she saw no students around and dusted the rose petals with a light mist of water. The Rosebush was practically glowing and she hadn't even made it half way.
The little Elf heard a noise and looked behind her she opened her mouth and let out a small whimper of fear, and scrambeled to the other side of the Rosebush 'Please don't hurt me, Precious Child.' she strained hoping that this child was good of nature.

Damien walked with no real destination in mind.He was tired and bored.He had finished all his homework and couldn't find any of his friends.He walked out to the grounds and headed to the rosebush a place he had been to once before.He thought it was nice to name a place after a first year.He felt sorry for the girl even though he had no idea who she was but to die as life was just beginning was awful.he hoped he lived a long and satisfying life.One he could be proud of and not be afraid to tell.he would like to have kids too but that was a long way away.he was so much in his own thoughts he hadn't realized he had arrived at the rosebush.What had got him out of his daydream was a small squeaky voice.he looked down and saw a strange little creature who looked absolutely terrified "Oh don't worry I won't hurt you"Damien said softly kneeling in front of the small creature "Whats your name?"He asked thinking it was rude to ask right out what are you.

Thorn saw the boy and she peered around the Rosebush, carefully standing up she hoped the child wasn't lying to her when he said that he wasn't going to hurt her. Rain carefully walked to the front of the Rosebush and looked down as she would to any human, never look them in the eyes. 'My Name is Thorn, if it pleases you sir.' she said holding her small hands infront of her she fumbeled with the pruners in her hands.

Thorn looked up to get a proper look and quickly looked down not daring to test her luck, most of her past masters before she worked at hogwarts were cruel and most students she had run into had kicked her out of their way.
The small elf waited for what would happen next, she wasn't sure of how compassionate this Wizard would be. 'I'll leave you if you want to be at the Rosebush alone sir.. i mean master.' she said looking at the ground.

Damien thought the creature looked like somebody he had seen in the castle,he wasn't sure though,since he was muggle born he had never seen something like this.It was so small and cute,she seemed very nervous and Damien wondered why.Maybe they just weren't sociable creatures.Damien frowned the creature named Thorn just asked him if it was okay to call her her own name and called him sir.Damien found this very strange "I don't mind,you call yourself what ever you like best"Damien said smiling.Damien looked at the small pruners in her hand,she obviously liked gardening.She looked up at hims once and after that kept looking down either very shy or very afraid."Don't worry,you were here first anyways and you don't have to call me sir.If you don't want to"He added.He felt stupid not knowing what she was so he decided may as well get it over with "I don't mean to be rude but what are you exactly?"Damien asked the smile still on his face

The Small Elf looked up at the boy she was feeling more safe now, he didn't seem to want to hurt her. Thorn smiled slightly and brushed her blue hair behind her small pointed ears. 'Whats your name, sir.. i mean master.. i mean..' she said not knowing what to do with the kindness that she was being shown.

Thorn put her pruners back into the basket and smiled, her small white teeth gleaming. 'I'm a House Elf, if it ple..' she stopped before she finished her sentance. 'I Occasionaly help out in the Kitchen but i take care of this pretty rosebush, keeping it healthy and happy' She said her voice sweet and innocent.

Thorn noticed a bug landing on a rose and she frowned slightly 'shoo little bug' she said softly before looking back at the boy, her little blue eyes bright with hope.
'You're a Student, you're very nice.. I like that' she smiled.

Damien smiled at the little creature that looked terrified of him.he didn't like that though the fact she was afraid of him,this meant other students had and Damien was angry at them for treating this little creature called Thorn badly. "Damien"He said smiling at her stumbling,she was obviously at a loss to his kindness.

Damien raised his eyebrows he had heard of house elves.He heard that they made their food and cleaned the school.That was all though he didn't know anything else about them and he had to say that this little one interested him,he wanted to learn more about them."Well you do a very good job"Damien said admiring the bush.It was a very pretty looking bush.

This surprised Damien so students were mean to her.Damien sighed,some people were just cruel.Damien smiled "So what are house elves exactly?"He asked sitting in front of her.

Thorn blushed to the same colors as the roses she took care of when he said that she did a good job. She pulled her hair over her shoulder and started to play with it furiously, she didn't know what to say she hardly ever got complimented.
Thorn piped up when he asked what House Elves are and she was about to say something then shut her mouth before thinking for a moment, she didn't know exactly what they were..
'We'll we're Elves.. and we're magical.. but i don't use my Magic really' she said as she let go with her hair.
Thorn watched the bug fly off and she smiled slightly 'Good little Bug' she said happily as she cleaned the leaves again.

The Small Elf sat down near the rose bush and smiled 'What are you.. i mean you dress in a different colour to the others, does that make you a different creature?' she asked seeing the four different colours around the school but not knowing what they ment.

Damien smiled when the Thor's face went as red as the rose's.She obviously wasn't used to getting compliments and his msiled died a bit there because that obviously meant she wasn't living in a very healthy enviorment.Damien was starting to wonder what house elfs actually did.He guessed from the name that it had something to do with a house,which wasn't exactly rocket science but he didn't know anything else.

Damien took in this piece of information "Cool,so is your magic like ours"He asked curiously.He didn't there there was any wands small enough for her tiny hands,maybe they could do magic with out wands,that was cool.Damien smiled when she said good bug,it was a cute thing to say.

Damien was a bit taken aback by the next question.But he then understood where she was coming from.She was redering to the house colors.His was red for Gryffindor and the others had dark blue,green and gold. "Well I'm in a different house to them,I'm in the Gryffindor house"He said a hint of pride in his voice.

Thorn cringed her little nose when he thought her magic was cool, it was hardly anything near that. Thorn still smiled though 'I don't like Using my Magic, i'm different enough allready' she said as she looked down at the grass infront of her. 'You use sticks, we don't' she added as she brushed her blue hair out of her eyes.

Thorn raised a small eye brow when he mentioned the house he was in 'Gryffindor House? What does that mean.' she said as tried to figure out what the houses ment and what they were for. 'So it doesn't mean you're different people' she questioned still not understanding.

Damien was confused by this.He loved his magi it made life so much easier for him though when he returned home for the holidays it would be hard to keep it a secret or not act different around his neighbors.Damien nodded "Yup,wands"He said smiling and taking out his.Her hair was really pretty it was also unusual,he had never seen blue hair before.

Damien smiled she obviously had no idea about the houses "Well we are divided into house because of our personalities"He explained "So if you are brave and reckless you are usually in the Gryffindor house "he said picking out grass and messing with it in his hands "No we are all the same,we are all humans but we are separated because of our personalities"He said wondering was she following

Thorn raised her eye brow when she saw his wand, she was curious, she wanted to touch it and look at it but that would be bad, most wizards think that elves want to steal their wands, but not Thorn. The Small Elf pulled a puzzeling expression when he said they were divided by their personalitys 'Kind of like Elves' she piped up before she realised she might have disrespected him 'Sorry i ment the way we get Divided by what tasks we can do, most of them are strong and can do everything, but i'm not.. I'm different' she said as she looked down 'I have Blue hair, most elves don't have hair and i don't like using my Elf magic to help me out, but everyone else does' she said but quickly stopped 'Sorry it was out of line' she added before changing the topic.

'So Their are five houses? Red, Green, Blue, Yellow and Different or black...' she said thinking that the professors where a house aswell she was really interested and wanted to learn.

He could see she was curios about his wand "Wanna hold it?"He asked offering to her.He didn't mind her touching his wand he trusted her not to run off with out it,he would hopefully be able to catch her if she did.Damien raised his eyebrows at this he had no idea how House Elves worker he would like to know about them.Damien listened to her as she spoke.He felt sorry for her he had always felt different regarding having no parents when most other people had,it had stopped him feeling normal as well as the fact when he had done magic before going her he had always felt different and he knew it wasn't a pleasant feeling "Well I guess you just gotta embrace it"He said smiling reassuring her.She shouldn't try to stop being different she was who she was and nothing could change it.Once he had learned to embrace his differences he had been grand and life had turned out better."No it's not"He said simply,h made a mental note to ask people about house elves they facinated him especially their behavior to wizards and witches.

"No only four"He said wondering where she was getting the black house from,then it clicked "By black you mean the professors"he asked?

Thorn was puzzeled when the boy asked if she wanted to hold his wand 'You're not Worried that i'll use it, Us Elves can use your wands' she said looking at the Boy 'I promise i wouldn't, i dislike Magic' she added not to give the boy the wrong idea.
Thorn sighed when the boy suggested to Embrace it 'I could try' She said as she pulled her long blue hair into three strands and started to plat it neatly so it was out of the way.
The small Elf raised an Eyebrow again when he mentioned Professors 'Are they a House aswell?' she asked still not quite understanding 'What do you do in that Building all day apart from eat and litter around my Rosebush' she asked curiously.

Damien shrugged,to be honest no he didn't.He didn't know elves could use the wands but he didn't think she would use his.What would be the point,she could do her own magic anyways why would she need his? "No.it's grand,you can hold it"he said putting the wand in the elves hand.Damien smiled "I know,its hard"He said sighing.

"No,they teach us about magic and so on"He said wondering how could someone not know what a teacher was or the houses if they worked in the castle.But then again he never saw the elves around the school they were always down in the kitchens or in Thorn's case here.Damien laughed,he never littered but some of the others students probably didn't care about nature or tidiness. "We learn about magic,the history of it how to use it,different spells,all sorts of things"he said,the list was to large

Thorn held the wand gingely in her small hands and felt the power surging through it, she squeaked slightly and handed it back to the boy 'Teach you about Magic, whats there to Learn, you use the stick and stuff happens' she said questionly, he probably thought she was stupid but she had only been here for a short time, her previous Master had died and had passed her on to the school because he didn't want anyone else to have her.

Thorn raised an eyebrow again 'Do you learn about creatures?' she asked curiously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back