OOC First Name
Kait
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
12" Ash wand with tail of unicorn hair core
Kiera Potter was casually walking down the cobbled streets of Brightstone. She was dressed in what she considered as very casual. She was wearingjeans, a silk top, jacket, and boots. Her long brown hair lay in curls around her face. She was lonely and bored. While she was seeing James more now than before the Bleak Street incident, she was still alone too often for her liking. It let her thoughts go places she really didn't want them to go.

The young girl shivered as a wind whipped around her thin frame. She didn't know what she was doing wandering along by herself. It really wasn't safe if someone else should be targeting her. Kiera was so wrapped up in her own thoughts that she completely ran into someone, literally. She fell backwards to the ground. "Ouch." she said startled. "I am so sorry!" she said, standing up to see who she had run into.

((Lame. Sorry))

Marleigh was doing a bit of shopping in Brightstone since she had the day off and Nic was at work. The relationship that the two had developed had surprised her seeing as how at the time neither of them was looking for anything more than just a one night stand. Nonetheless, it was working for them...and even better she was thinking about Cam less each day.

She was just about to walk into the ice cream parlor when someone bumped into her. Looking around she froze momentarily as she hesitated. Marleigh looked at Cameron's younger sister and said, "Oh, that's okay. I shouldn't have been in your way. How've you been Kiera?" The blonde wasn't quite sure how well this was going to go, but she was at least going to be polite.

Kiera froze as she saw who it was she bumped into. It was all she could do to keep her jaw from dropping. The girl in front of her was no other than Marleigh Hayes. This girl had broken her older brother's heart. Kiera hadn't realized her annoyance or anger at the other girl until she saw her. It had been months since they had last met and Kiera had changed since their meeting. The younger girl was thinner and still weak from her severe loss of blood.

Kiera frowned as the heartbreaker spoke so casually to her. She wondered if that was an honest question, surely this girl had heard something of the incident that was only a few streets away. Kiera put a pleasant look on her face, much like the one she had used with Vandervoort. "Well other than my stay at St. Mungo's I suppose I have been well." she said, a hint of sarcasm in her voice. "How have you been? Break anyone else's heart recently?" she asked with a grin on her face as if the two were having the most pleasant converstation in the world.

"I guess I deserved that," Marleigh mumbled under her breath. The blonde hadn't heard anything of what had happened to her ex's sister so was shocked when Kiera mentioned having to stay at St. Mungo's. "Good gracious, are you fine now?" Marleigh just looked at the girl, hoping that they would have at least been able to be civil to each other, but apparently Kiera wasn't biting. "Kiera...I didn't mean to hurt him. It was the last thing on earth I wanted to do, but he was smothering me. I don't know if you know what it's like to be completely on your own for most of your life, but I just wasn't used to having someone looking after me all the time when I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself." She didn't know if Kiera would see reason, but Marleigh didn't regret her decision at all, despite the fact that there were times she still missed Cameron.

Kiera didn't hide her surprise when Marleigh asked if she was fine. Her surprise turned to a frown. "Well yes or at least I suppose. As fine as anyone is when they fight a dark presence." she retorted, thinking the question was rather pointless. Kiera did listen to Marleigh as she talked about Cameron being overprotective. Of course Kiera knew he could be that way. She tolerated it or just ignored it. Kiera looked exasperated at Marleigh. Did the girl really not get it? "I don't know what its like. I was married when I got out of school." she informed the girl. Kiera wouldn't have been on her own anyways. She had her family. "Cameron is only like that when he truly loves and cares the person. It's his affection for you that makes him like that." she said rolling her eyes. She didn't think it was a good quality but it was what made her brother who he was.

Marleigh shook her head as she listened to what Kiera said. She understood that was just the way Cameron was and there was never any doubt in her mind that he loved her, but from the time she'd been eleven years old the blonde had pretty much been on her own. Her parents, being muggles, didn't understand the new world that their daughter was a part of so she'd had to learn how to get along on her own. Marleigh didn't like the idea of being dependent on anyone...it just wasn't something she was comfortable with. "Kiera I know this doesn't make any sense to you, but I just couldn't make him understand that there are times that I am perfectly capable of fighting my own battles. He sees me as some fragile little girl that he constantly needs to take care of and while I love him for that...I'm not the fragile little Southern Bell that he wants me to be," she said, feeling like she was about to cry and words failing miserably to come to her.

Kiera looked at Marleigh with distaste as she said that she knew Cameron loved her but that she didn't want him to take care of her. "Then you don't deserve him if that's what you think of him." she said stubbornly. Kiera knew her brother could be overprotective but she knew that he would have never wanted her to be something that she wasn't. Cam was many things but a fool wasn't one of them. Growing up with Kiera he had known you can't change a person, though he had certainly tried to change her liking for gymnastics. Kiera knew he had learned to accept people as they came. Especially after he had dated Caysi all those years. "He would never try and change you." she scoffed at Marleigh. "He learned that lesson several years ago." she informed her brother's ex-lover. "Another thing I bet you didn't know but he already had a seperate bank account set up to buy you an engagement ring though you probably would have still ran the other way if he tried to propose. Sounds to me like you just like running away." she said spitefully. Kiera knew she would probably feel guilty about this later but right now she didn't care. She just wanted to make this girl feel the pain that her brother had been going through.

Kiera's words hit true to their target...straight to Marleigh's heart. She of course had had second thoughts about breaking things off with Cameron, but there was still no doubt in her mind that she'd made the right thing. Her nostrils flared slightly when Kiera said that she was running away from everything. Maybe she was, but it was her life and she could run from whatever she damn well felt like. Glaring at the girl in front of her she asked a little more hatefully than she'd intended, "Have you always been such a b1tch or has your recent hospital stay just made you a little crankier than usual?"

Shock flowed through Kiera as she heard Marleigh call her a b1tch. Before Kiera realized what her intentions were, her palm made contact with the side of the other girl's face. The former Gryffindor looked small but her years of practicing two different sports had made her physically strong. The blow to Marleigh's face was strong, Kiera's hand came away hurting like he11! The petite girl glared straight back, her usually warm chocolate eyes were cold with hatred. "Maybe its seeing someone throwing perfect love away with both hands when mine was almost forcably taken from her." Kiera said cooly. The look on her face was icy enough to freeze the warmest heart. A face she had inhereted from her mother. "Or maybe I've always been like this and just haven't met someone vile enough to bring it out." Kiera said, her words seeping with distaste.

"Tsk Tsk Tsk" Cynthia said with a malicious smile as she walked up upon the two young girls bickering as though they were both still in school, though it was exciting seeing such a heated debate. "Kiera Potter, not setting a good example for the kiddies now are we?" Cynthia said with a smirk as she brushed her long silky blond hair out of the way, "Then again perhaps this is just the mental breakdown we've all been waiting for, so tell me any words you like to give for the Prophet?" Cynthia asked as he Quick Quotes Quill wrote down everything in a negative way, so that the article she was going to write would be more than juicy enough for her readers. "Then again perhaps your friend would like to shed some light" Cynthia said as she turned towards the other girl. "Cynthia Vandervoort, I write for the Daily Prophet" Cynthia said with a charming smile as she looked the other girl up and down. She was definitely a Plain Jane with nothing too exciting to offer about herself but she probably had some good information to give about Kiera. "Who might you be?" Cynthia asked sweetly.

Kiera was mortified as she heard a now familiar voice. One that was not welcome around Kiera, especially not since she sent her and her husband drugged tea. The vicious woman had just caught Kiera slapping Marleigh, at least she looked good today. Kiera turned with a smile on her face."I assure you I don't know what you are talking about." she said pleasantly to the gossip lady. "No mental breakdown. Just talking to my brother's ex-girlfriend." she said, still talking to Cynthia. As the woman's attention turned to Marleigh, Kiera internally sighed. This was bad, very bad. The young girl had no idea what her brother's former lover would say to the gossip columnist.

Marleigh's head jerked violently to the side and she sucked in a sharp breath. Gritting her teeth she looked back at Kiera and said, "No...I'm pretty sure you're just a b1tch." Just as she was about to lay into the younger girl a woman approached the two of them. The exchange between Kiera and the woman who called herself Cynthia wasn't exactly what one would call pleasant...you could feel the tension between the pair. Marleigh thought on the name for a second and then realized that it was none other than that horrible gossip writer for the local paper.

Plastering a fake smile on her face she said, "Marleigh Hayes. I would say it's a pleasure, but your reputation precedes you. Mrs Potter and myself were simply having a discussion that got a little heated. Nothing more, nothing less." As much as she didn't like Kiera at the moment she wasn't about to have the poor girls name smeared all over the front page of the Prophet once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back