Didn't Know It Was So Easy

Hariah nodded in agreement "He is a bit creepy isn't he? I think I would really enjoy Defence Against the Dark Arts if the lessons wasn't so dull you know? My dad loved the subject back when he went to Hogwarts" she said to JazzyMae. "I really do not like flying either. It annoys me and I don't see the point in taking a class in it. If I could I would drop it" she replied sourly. Hariah didn't know where her hate for flying came from, all she knew was that she really didn't like it. "Are you prepared for the exams?" she asked the Hufflepuff, Hariah felt reasonably confident until it came to Potions, that was her downfall.

"Yes, he is very creepy. Flying scares me so much. I don't even like being on airplanes." JazzyMae laughed. Being in the air just was not a place JazzyMae likes to be. She would rather be on the ground where she knew she wasn't too far from the ground. "Exams? Not really. When I attended Muggle schools I just winged most of my tests. I never really found the time to study. Don't tell anyone though. If my brothers find out they'll eat me up alive." JazzyMae smiled and playfully nudged the Gryffindor in the shoulder. "Are you going to the Yule Ball?"

Hariah listened to JazzyMae they seemed to have quite a few things in common, especially when it came to opinions on lessons. It was interesting to meet someone who went to a muggle school full time before Hogwarts. Hariah liked to hear about what it was like. It was so different to her early experiences of being home schooled. Sometimes she wished she did actually go to school but then again her father did such a good job of teaching her by himself. Hariah grinned and winked "Don't worry I won't!" She nodded "Yeah I am. A friend and I are going. It should be good I think, I haven't been to a formal dance before, so i'm a bit nervous. Are you going?" Hariah asked JazzyMae.

JazzyMae shook her head. "No, I am not going." she said simply. The word 'formal' didn't register in JazzyMae's head. At least not correctly. She was used to wearing t-shirts that had awesome quotes on it or dresses you wear like when you are walking around the neighborhood. JazzyMae didn't wear many bright colors, skirts, leggings or party dresses. She preferred comfortable clothes even if they made her look bad. Appearances wasn't something that really mattered to JazzyMae. Not like she was trying to get someone attention. "Appearances will not get me to where I am trying to go." she thought in her head. "I don't have a dress anyways."

Hariah frowned she couldn't imagine not going, she loved going to dances and parties and getting dressed up. Back at home her father hosted a lot of parties and Hariah was always at the centre of them, she loved it. "Where do you want to go?" Hariah asked JazzyMae. "You don't have a dress?" she said shocked. Hariah had quite a few from back home that she loved to wear. "If you want to go your welcome to borrow one of mine" she offered, they looked about the same size so they should fit JazzyMae.

"I don't know if I should go Hariah. I am not really used to formal enviroments." JazzyMae looked down at the floor. "What if your dress doesn't look goood on me?" JazzyMae asked nervously. She started to bite her fingernails.

Hariah gave JazzyMae a half smile she sighed, she didn't understand where JazzyMae was coming from but she tried to be supportive anyway. Hariah was always amazed at how diverse people's lives were, she was always used to formal settings it was hard to imagine not being in one. "I guess you'll never know if you don't try it on? It's up to you" Hariah explained to JazzyMae she didn't want to push her into doing something she didn't want to do. "I think there's a yule ball every year so you have time to go to one if you wish" she said to her friend laughing.

"You are right. There are going to be six other Yule Ball's I can go to." JazzyMae said and put her hands in her lap. JazzyMae yawned. She was getting tired. It was getting hard for her to keep up conversation. "Who is the person you are going to the ball with!"

Hariah could tell her new friend was getting tired and she didn't blame her, it was dark outside now. They must have been talking for a while, time just flew by. "I'm going with Damien Blade" Hariah said grinning. He was a very good friend of Hariah's. Probably her closest friend at the moment, it was nice to have a good friend. Back at home she only had a couple of acquaintances, she didn't realise what she was missing out on till she came here.

"Oh. You two must be really close friends." JazzyMae said. "How did you two meet? Are you in the same house as him?" She asked. She didn't want to bombard Hariah with questions so she stopped talking for a second. "I am sure you two will have a lot of fun at the Yule Ball."

Hariah smiled and nodded "Yeah we are, he was my first best friend here. We just got long straight away " she said to JazzyMae fondly. "He's in Gryffindor. Like me! We just started talking one day and it just went on from there. Have you met anyone your close to?" Hariah asked. Hufflepuff's were known for being friendly so Hariah thought she must have a couple of close friends. "Thankyou, I hope we will too."

"Close to? No, not really. You are one of the few people I have met. As time goes on I am sure we can become closer, right?" This was JazzyMae's way of asking, 'Will you be my friend?' JazzyMae hadn't made very many friends back at home. She was kind of the loner. If she remained a loner the rest of her years at Hogwarts her brothers would refuse to say she is their sister. She had to make friends so she wouldn't embarras them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back