Did you survive Avada Kedavra?

Michael Harper

OOC First Name
Brittany
Wand
Apple, 13 ½", Belladonna.
Michael scuttled along the second floor corridor as quietly as a mouse. His silent and shy nature came in handy more often than not and after being so over crowded in the great hall the first year just wanted some peace and quiet. The young boy was in such awe at the every little bit of Hogwarts, he was so greatful to have been accepted, remembering that his fate could just as easily have been attending Durmstang with his older brothers. Shivering at the thought, Michael pulled his wand out of his pocket and began making large sweeping motions in the air, he certainly had a long way to go before he would be the next Rowena Ravenclaw, but he was confident that he would achieve great things in his seven years at Hogwarts, and he wanted to make the most of every minute. Having already read all of his books the eleven year old was practically buzzing about starting classes. There was so much to learn, so much to achieve. Leaning against the wall, a small lump could be seen in Michael's pocket, and it seemed to be moving. Looking on, Michael picked up his wand once more and poured over the beautiful craftsmanship.

The lump began to move around again, and before he had time to react it was scuttling down his leg and along the ground at great speed. "Ransom!" he called down the hallway as the white rat scurried away from it's owner. Michael chased after it, self concious about his geeky running style that his brothers always teased him about. Clumsily he tripped up and landed flat on his stomach, the rat running straight past him as he did so. "Oof" he exclaimed as he tried to pull himself up from the floor. His ears seemed to ache as he did so, a scream with such high pitch rang through them and he looked up to see a beautiful girl standing before him, Ransom running right past her. "It's okay, he don't bite" Michael said rather sheepishly as he pulled himself to his feet, trying to keep his dignity in tact.

Hogwarts was by far the most interesting thing that could happen to anyone and Karah felt truly happy that she was one of the few that had been accepted to this school, at least opposed to the many that weren't. With that said, her appreciation of the school was silent and hidden from all others for the opinion of others were important to Karah and she didn't want them to think less of her without her intending it. But her somewhat pleasant mood was interrupted by her own terrified shriek as she saw a rat run past her feet. Her olive green eyes widened and her heart beat speed up as she stood on her tip toes, trying to stay off of the ground as much as possible as if she could catch some rat disease just by sharing floor, despite wearing cute ballet flats that she had bought in Devon with her birthday money from her Gram. Her fear of this disgusting rodent seemed to make Karah ignorant to the fact that a boy had fallen in front of her just before it had ran by her. "It's okay, he doesn't bite," Karah heard as she began to rub her arms before shuddering violently as she imagined one crawling on top of her. "All rats bite." she answered sharply before thinking aloud, "I swear, if I get some rodent disease I'm going to get my parents to sue Hogwarts for every sickle it has."

Stressed out, Karah tugged down at her v-neck as she looked at the boy, her eyes narrowing at him. "Why are you hanging out with a rat? Don't you have non-rodent friends?" Karah asked, suspiciously, as if she thought he was up to and in her books anyone that had a rat and was fine with that was up to something dangerous. The only rodent that Karah deemed acceptable were bunnies because they were so terribly cute and they did not carry the same diseases, or at least her bunny, Vorpal, didn't.

Staring back at the pretty young girl Michael was lost for words. His cheeks flushed red as he realised what a complete fool he had made of himself, it was always the first impression that lasted the longest. The pretty little red head stayed true to her hair colour as her firey words seemed to pour out, giving the ravenclaw no chance to say even one word. When she stopped he seemed stunned by her words, unsure of what to say. It was true that he had no friends, but did she have to know that? "I, er. No." he said, scratching the back of his head. "Ye know, rodents make just as good companions as any wizard" he said in a knowing tone, the girl probably already thought he was insane, so he had nothing to lose. Michael began looking around for his pet rat, and soon enough his eyes caught a little ball of white just behind his new human companion. Reaching behind the olive eyed girl he caught the rat and snuggled him into his jumper.

"Gotcha" he exclaimed as he held Ransom up to prove to the girl that she was safe. "Yer a funny wee thing aren't ye?" he said, his German accent quite strong on his tongue. Stroking the warm little body of the rat he let a sheepish smile cover his face. "See, he's harmless, he is" Michael said, bringing the rat closer to the girl. Michael was so new to all of this, yet he felt some sort of ease as he stood closer to the girl. He admitted to himself how amazingly pretty she was and hoped that she wouldn't run for her life having the rodent so close to her. "What's your name?" he asked, his head hung low to mask how truly shy and afraid he was of talking to others. His mother always said it was just a phase and soon enough he would be out making more friends than he could count on both hands. He genuinely hoped it was true.

Karah had to keep herself from laughing at the poor boy as he admitted to not having frends and it brought colour to her freckled cheeks. It seemed to embarrass her to pity him for not having any friends outside of his disgusting rat. "Oh I would disagree. Rats can't speak to you but people can," she said, stating the obvious just as she often did. She starred at the boy, disturbed by his oddity as he started to look around but as he reached behind her she let out another screech for she was truly frightened of this boy's pet, if one could call it that.

As the blonde boy brought his rat closer to her, trying to show her it, she stepped back raising her arms to try and get him to stop. "Oh it's so gross," she said girlishly, because yes it was gross to her. Once Karah was certn that the boy wouldn't bring the rat closer to he, she lowered her arms down to her sides and said, "I'm Karah Green." Smiling as nicely as she could, her pink lips twisting into a grin and dimples finding their way onto her cheeks before she asked, "What's your name?"

Michael raised his eyebrows and held the rat closer in to his body so that the girl would stop her screeching, he really wasn't used to it and sincerely hoped he hadn't scared her too much. Stroking it lightly he looked up, he was trying to overcome being so stupidly shy so he made eye contact with the girl, and noticed her beautiful green orbs that seemed to perfectly compliment her hair. "I don't do much talkin' anyways." he said sheepishly, growing ashamed of the silly way he pronounced words and that even sillier accent. Michael let out a little laugh at Karah's exclamation of how gross Ransom was and he looked down at him, not really seeing it himself, but still taking note of how the girl felt. "Me name's Michael." he said a little louder than his usual squeak, "Michael Berg." he added with a small nod of his head. His smile mirrored hers and he wondered if perhaps they could be friends, he didn't have any at Hogwarts so far. "So, how do you er, like Hogwarts so far?" he asked, he was finding making conversation excruciatingly awkward.

"It's nice to meet you, Mike," she said, trying to see how he would react to the nickname as her green orbs met his own deep brown shades. She wondered if back at his home he was called by Mike by anyone at all of if he blended in with the background like he seemed to, to Karah. It was a shame though, he seemed like a nice boy, even if he did talk to rats.

How did Karah like Hogwarts? Well she loved it and was glad that she had been sorted into Gryffindor instead of Slytherin or Hufflepuff. Ravenclaw just wasn't an option for someone like her. "I love it. It's so cool... I mean for a school," she said with a soft chuckle. "What about you?" Karah wouldn't mention that she had met a jerk already. Ezra Shaffer, how she loathed him, his height and his arrogance. Karah had never met such a rude person before and wished that they didn't keep bumping into each other, inside and outside of classes but there was simply nothing that the red-head could do about either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back