Did I Kill Her?!

Scorpius Knight

OOC First Name
Abby
Wand
Elder 15 1/2" Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
Scorpius had Arianna cradled in his arms as he frantically rushed down the steps from the Ravenclaw tower to the oh-so familiar Hospital Wing. It seemed even if he wasn't the one injured or at risk, he always seemed to end up here. This time, he was holding an unconscious first year Ravenclaw whom he'd just met and had accidentally fed her poisoned cookies. Or well, at least that's what he thought he'd done. It really hadn't occurred to him that she'd be allergic to cinnamon, or chocolate chips. I mean, if she had been the one to identify their flavor herself, she wouldn't stopped eating them right away if she really were allergic to those two ingredients. Unless there was some other ingredient he didn't know about.

All this thoughts were rushed away as he finally placed her on the nearest vacant bed and called for help. "Oh my god Arianna I'm so sorry!" he apologized yet again to her unconscious body, knowing that she probably couldn't hear him. He stood beside the blonde girl, tapping his foot impatiently and pacing until a Nurse came.

Pearl was cleaning up some things in the hospital wing when she heard the doors to the wing open. She walked over to the entrance and saw Scorpius and a little girl unconscious on a bed. Pearl ran over to the girl and started checking her over. "what happened? I don't think she fell of hit her head in any way" Pearl said in a consirned vocie. She turned towards Scorpius, "tell me excatly what happened, quickly" she said.

Luna had been having an excellent day. Her and Angus had gotten together the day before and had been seemingly attached at the hip ever since. They had been having a lively conversation walking along the third corridor when she saw Scorpius rush into the hospital with the unconscious form of who she thought was her little cousin in his arms. No way that's her... Luna thought then bit her lip Maybe I should go check anyways... she thought. "Sorry Angus, but that looked like my cousin being ran to the hospital wing. I'll be right back." she said giving him a peck on the lips and making her way into the hospital wing.

She approached Scorpius and the nurse a bit slowly at first, not sure if it was indeed Arianna lying on the hospital bed but once she got close enough to identify that it was indeed her she almost freaked out. What the hell happened!?! the thought as she sped the rest of the distance over to the three of them. She looked from Arianna, to the nurse, to Scorpius, back to Arianna and finally focused her gaze on Knight. "Scorpius Knight..." she started "Would you mind telling me what on earth you did to her? You either sparked her allergy or this is the product of a spell gone awry and I swear to god if it's the latter..." she trailed off "Sorry... I shouldn't be so quick to assume. But what happened?" Luna asked

Scorpius was glad to see a Nurse come right away after he called for one and sighed slightly in relief, though he was still freaking out. He was about to tell her what happened when he heard someone behind him, he didn't really care who it was, because all he wanted was to tell Nurse Kanti what happened so he didn't look back. However as soon as he heard the voice he choked on his words. Luna. He turned to face her and noticed she was looking at Arianna, unconscious on the bed and back to him. The tone of her words angered him a little and he wanted to yell at her, and tell her that he hadn't done anything to her, not intentionally. But she quickly apologized and asked, in a calmer voice, what happened. "Well, I was about to tell the Nurse that," he said, looking back to Nurse Kanti. "I offered her some cookies and I don't know what was in them but I guess it's a food allergy, like Luna said," he explained, ruffling his hair as he said Luna's name. He hadn't seen her, much less spoken to her, or even spoken of her in so long, her name almost sounded foreign coming from his mouth. "Wait, how do you know her anyway?" he asked curiously, looking from his ex-girlfriend to Arianna on the bed.

Luna nodded at Scorpius and let him explain, hearing about the cookies that had been eaten by Arianna. "Do you have any of the cookies with you by any chance? I might be able to tell if there's any Nutmeg in them or not. But I honestly can't see anything else it could be. Cookies and cakes are like Russian Roulette for her if she didn't bake them herself..." Luna trailed off biting her lip as Arianna coughed and sputtered for a moment still unconscious. "It'll need to be treated quickly, The last time the doctors said it sped up her heart rate causing the symptoms to take hold faster..." she said more to herself than the nurse. She then turned to Scorpius, who she didn't even think about their history at the moment, though it would probably hit her later. "Shes my little cousin Knight." Luna said to him, not with any undertones hinting at anger. Just stating the facts.

Scorpius patted his jeans down for cookies even though he already knew he didn't have any. "No I don't," he stated once he confirmed that he didn't have any in his pockets. That would've been gross anyway. He looked back to Arianna and bit his lip, if he would've known about the food allergy he wouldn't have offered her some because he wasn't sure what was in them in the first place. He raised his eyebrows in surprise when Luna said Arianna was his cousin, what were the odds? "Well I'm sorry for poisoning her," he said nervously as he ruffled his hair, looking at Nurse Kanti so she could heal her already.

Pearl listened to the boy and the girl speak, "nutmeg" she mmmbled before going over to the medicen cabinet, she was sure there was a potion for allergic reactions. It only took her a few seconds to find it but there it was. She grabbed it and ran over to the little girl in the bed. Pearl lifted the girl into a sitting position before pouring some of the potion down her throat. It would work soon enough.

Ariannas near lifeless body shuddered a bit as the potion slid down her throat before lying still again for five or ten silent minutes before she finally gave one last mighty cough and took a few deep gasping breaths as her eyes fluttered open. Her airway was still rather constricted but it was clearing up quickly. The hives on her arms weren't going down any at the moment but she hoped they would soon. She blinked a few times in confusion as to hwere she was at and when Luna had came into the equation. "Where am I?" she asked in a half croak half yawn.

Scorpius watched Nurse Kanti retrieve the appropriate potion for Arianna and waited with baited breath as to what would happen to the younger Ravenclaw. He was anxiously awaiting any sign of life from her otherwise he'd probably die of guilt for 'poisoning her' as he seemed to refer to it as. Finally she coughed and moved and Scorpius felt like the bricks in his stomach were lifted. He sighed but not in relief since he was still rather anxious. He looked at the girl, then at Luna, and back and decided to answer her question. "In the Hospital Wing," he replied, his voice very surprisingly calm. "You had an allergic reaction," he explained to her softly with an apologetic look.

Arianna gave anoter small cough and took a deep breath feeling her airway expand once more to it's normal size. "Oh... I really need to be more careful about that..." she said softly her voice still a bit scratchy. "The cookies were really good though... I'll definitely have to find out what the recipe was and make them myself. Sans Nutmeg of course, I don't particularly enjoy the nasty after affects of consuming it." she said lightly. She was quite the glutton and had been sent to the hospital several times due to the allergy. She had actually gotten used to it but she still tried to be careful. Nutmeg was a very subtle spice and it was hard to spot with the bare senses.

Scorpius felt a wave of relief rush over him as she seemed rather calm about the whole situation and wasn't accusing him of poisoning her or anything. In fact, she seemed used to it all, judging by what she had said. She probably ends up in the Hospital Wing more than I do, he thought to himself with an internal laugh. "Well the House elves were the ones that made them so you should ask them for the recipe," he informed her lightly, rather surprised but pleased that she was at least calm and healthy thanks to Nurse Kanti. "How long until the hives disappear?" he asked in concern. He was glad he didn't have any food allergies.

Pearl smiled when the girl woke up, she let Scorpius explain what happened. "Okay the girl needs rest" Pearl replied placing her hands on her hips.

(( yes that was lame, but i dont know what else to put ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back