Depressed...

Austin Zhefarovich

Wand
Knotted 14 1/2" Rigid Cherry Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Austin walked outside on a cloudy day. His green eyes were cloudy, as he was recovering from a horrible virus that left him in the Hospital Wing for a week. He had terrible muscle aches and horrific stomach pains. He could not even eat either. Austin plopped down by the Lakefront, and watched the water. He felt so depressed, but not over just missing a lot of his classes, but because of his girlfriend.

Of all the people he expected to know, it would have been her. She did get the notice, didn't she? Austin brought his knees up to his chest and wrapped his arms around them. He rested his head on his arms. His hair was neatly combed, but not gelled. The gusts of wind blew his hair a bit. Austin didn't bring a book with him, and all he needed was to think. He felt terrible, but this had nothing to do with his illness he had recovered from. This was depression. He had never felt it, but he was miserable.

Austin stared ahead at the gray clouds, hoping it would rain soon. He no longer cared for anything at the moment, not even his own books...

Rose was walking down to the lake sad about Austin's sudden disappearance. She looked around and was surprised to see him sitting down by the lake. she walked up to him scared of what might happen and softly said "Austin? Hey were have you been?" she asked worried.

Austin heard footsteps, but didn't bother looking at the student. That was when he heard the voice that brought him a twinge of happiness and relief, but also anger and sadness as well. Rosalie. He didn't look at her, too terrified of his own reactions. He instead said, trying to hide his hurt feelings, "I was in the Hospital Wing..." was all he could say.

Rose was mad and confused. "Why didn't you tell me!" she asked. "I was worried, but that was the last place I would think to look." She said scared. she didn't know if she should sit down beside him or wait. "I just missed you, and didn't know where you were." She said quietly trying to hide the tears, but her voice betrayed her and cracked.

Austin heard the difference in her voice. He said a bit louder, a touch of aggravation is slightly noticeable, "How could I have if I was in the Hospital Wing, in a bed, and couldn't stand? It isn't like I can tell when I am going to be sick!" Austin closed his eyes and shook his head. "It was rather obvious I was getting sick if people paid attention. If I wasn't in classes, or in the common room, where else would I have been?" It was obvious that he was irritated. Austin stared ahead, his mixed emotions showing in his eyes.

Austin knew that she was crying, but what could he have expected? He would have normally felt guilty, but this time, it was actually her fault. Austin didn't know what to do, to leave her where she was, and go off to the common room, or stay where he was. Austin replied, very softly, "I know..." Austin closed his eyes and buried his face in his arms. He never felt so confused in his life.

Austin stood up, his head spinning a bit. He forced Rose a weak smile, "I think I better go to the dorm and lay down." He felt his virus rearing back up, when his muscles began to ache. His legs gave out from under him, and he fell to his knees. Austin laughed weakly, "Well, maybe not." Austin held his posture with his left arm. He had little drops of cold sweat upon his face. He didn't want Rosalie to see him sick. He muttered under his breath, but it was slurred beyond understanding.

Austin felt Rosalie try to help him up, but she had failed. Austin heard her say that she was sorry, but this made him laugh a bit, "This is not your fault. Now, please stop crying!" Austin bit his lip, trying to regain his sight, however, he saw about three Rosalies. I think I liked it better when there was one Rosalie, but three? Austin shook the thought out of his head. Austin's cold hand patted Rosalie's, for reassurance. But who was he kidding? He was still sick. Although, these spells never lasted long.

Austin's triple vision faded into one, and he smirked slightly, "There is no way in hell I am going there. Sorry, sweetheart." Austin stood up on his own, and took a step back to keep from falling. He closed his eyes and ignored the pain he felt. Austin took a step forward. He had the ability to walk, but he would have to hurry though. Austin held out his hand, "To the common room? I really don't want to be stuck in that wing again." He gave her the puppy eyes, hoping that she would give in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back