Delivery

Leah Winters

OOC First Name
Malynne
Wand
13" Sequoia Dragon heartstring
Leah had absolutely no idea what was contained in these packages that were meant for this less than desirable gang of Wizards. She had been given the task to travel to Singapore, deliver the goods and return back home. The gang had already paid for everything, and so it made the mission much easier on Leah. She was apprehensive and wondered why on earth had they sent a lone woman to consort with one of the most dangerous Wizard groups in Asia, but she settled on it being just a test of her abilities and charisma.

The town was already heading to nightfall when she arrived, and the place where they were supposed to meet was completely empty of anyone. Leah stood, holding the packages in her arms, wishing that she had an extra hand, if only to hold her wand and feel much more secure. She was stationed near some abandoned docks, and the sounds of boats rocking up against the piers only enhanced the creepy feeling of the place.

After only a few minutes, footsteps could be heard, alongside drunken slurs of the very men she was supposed to meet. "Evenin'" They spoke English, apparently. "Good evening. I'm here to give you what you requested." She handed over the packages. "You're a pretty thing.." A man slightly taller than his other counterparts said.

"Yes, well. I shall be going now." Leah turned to disapparate, but a hand shot out to grab her arm and yank her to the ground. "Not so fast! We're not done here." Without wasting another second, Leah pulled out her wand and watched as the others did so as well. "This isn't all that we asked for. We paid for at least six boxes and this stuff, and you've only brought four." Leah slowly stood, pointing her wand at them. "I am only here to deliver. Ever hear the term, Don't shoot the messenger?"

A chuckle of laughter from the wizards. "Well, you are only one..." They walked closer to her. Leah fell against the wall of a rundown building, pointing her wand at them.

The sun was setting and night fall fastly approaching the lands of Asia. It was a magical time of day. The sky had an explosion of different colours and a whole different atmosphere took over. In these parts only the foolish would wander out unprotected. Alastor however knew just how to protect himself against most foes and with muggles, well with the size of him one punch could knock a muggle flat out cold. He couldn't see anyone trying to attack him though, he was a pretty scary bloke to look at when he wanted to be and not to mention his deep dark voice made him even scarier. He could make every part of him threatening so people would stay away. Although he did like the odd fight now and then, relieve some stress and everything. Seeing as he always won he found it a good way to ease up after a long week.

Another way he found good to relax was to get away for a bit. Which is what he was doing here. He wanted to take a few days away from everything. Ryan had taken Avalon away to some expensive holiday place and Alastor had no reason to stay in New Zealand now as he had no job to carry out and not had no girl to try and win over. He was beginning to think that out doing Ryan was going to be harder than he first expected. Ryan was rich and could give Avalon everything she wanted. Alastor was not as rich and did not have a good reputation with relationships. He could never seem to make them last, although he guessed it was because he was very closed off and didn't like to show his true emotions to his partner. That was not really something he could help though.

As he walked Alastor found himself down a dark and quiet alley. He was not phased, it reminded him a bit like bleak street and as he went there a lot it was nothing new to him. It was when he saw a gang of people attacking a girl which caught his attention. As it was dark he did not recognise the girl as one of his own but still he didn't like to see girl getting hurt. He saw they had wands so knew they were wizards so pulled out his own wand. "Hey!" He said as he flicked he wand at a gang member. "Expulso." He said. The exploding curse. It was messy business when the spell hit but it seemed to scare the others. "You should leave before you turn ion to nothing as well." He said in a cold tone as he watched them leave. He walked over and flicked his wand at the red mess left in the alley. It was soon cleared away and it looked as if nothing had happened. Alastor had learned to cover his tracks.

After cleaning up after himself Alastor walked up to the girl to see if she needed any help. As he got closer he recognised her as one of his fellow death eaters. She was a young training one but a fellow member never the less. He respected each death eater as equals. He found it slightly unsettling that even in a remote place like this he had still found a thing of his life in New Zealand. "You looked like you needed a hand." He said looking in the direction which the gang had ran. All but one anyway. "Are you ok?" He asked looking back at her

Leah's back touched the warm and rough feel of the brick wall, her wand pointed out at the approaching figures, yet they continued to venture forth, smiles plastered upon their dirty mouths. She was about to throw the killing curse at them, but another figure joined the scene and suddenly a goo of blood splattered on the other men, and the particular tall and nasty one was no more. Without missing a beat, they grabbed their packages, ignoring the death of a supposed friend and ally, and fled the area. "Let's get the f*** out of here!" Were the last words of the shorter fellow. Leah did not miss the fear spreading across their faces as the ran away.

For a second Leah did not face her rescuer. She heard his words, and slowly dropped her wand arm to her side. She felt ashamed that she had to be rescued from a group of unskilled wizards, while she backed away and struggled to defend herself. "Thank you." Leah said with sincerity. She looked at the newcomer and met his eyes, suddenly recognizing him. "Please pray tell that this was not a test that I have failed." It would make perfect sense that Alastor would have been given the task to trail a young up and comer to see if she would pass any obstacles given to her.

It was hardly an excuse but Leah was not feeling like her calm and quick self. Henry and her were not together any longer, and although she would deny it to the end, he had made a deep impact upon her heart and she wasn't entirely certain that anyone else would replace it. Alastor did appear in a timely manner, however. She was grateful that he did arrive just in the nick of time, and Leah stepped slowly over to him. "Why are you in Singapore?"

Alastor looked as the alley emptied from the filth that had been here earlier. Alastor shook his head as he held his hand out for Leah to use getting up. "Oh no, no test. Well not that i was told of any way." He said wondering if he had meant to be testing her. He knew it would be something he would remember if told and seeing as he could not recall being told he knew this was just down to luck. He knew Leah was a good up and coming death eater in training and he expected big things from her but he also knew that now everyone was perfect and even he messed up at times so he would not be holding this against her. He wasn't that sort of person, unlike a few people he knew who had tried doing that to him. He had soon ended those problems

When asked why he was here Alastor folded his arms across his chest as he thought of a decent answer. "Im just getting away from a few things. Lucky for you though apparently." He said as he looked at her quizzically. "What made them turn on you then?" He asked her wondering if it was a personal fault or if it was just them looking for trouble. Adrian always preferred to have a partner with him on a job, even just a simple delivery like this. You never knew how things would plan out and it was just good sense to have back up with you

Leah was relieved. She had been consumed with worry that Alastor was charged with investigating her abilities as a Death Eater. To hear him state otherwise allowed her to relax, despite the almost attack she had endured. "Very well. I'm pleased to hear that no one else will hear of my failure." She gave him a grateful smile, and then her face resumed it's normal calm and untelling expression that she usually held. "It is very lucky for me. I thank you again."

Leah shrugged. She wasn't exactly sure what would make the gang suddenly turn violent, but then again they were dark wizards, and possibly not at all right in the head. "I think that they were looking for any reason to incite violence on a solo young Death Eater. Perhaps they were bored? Or maybe they did feel cheated?" Leah paused. "Possibly a combination of the two." Lot's of young Death Eaters chose random victims and tortured and played with them, just because of boredom. She never took part in their immature activities, instead choosing to focus on victims that truly mattered.

OOCOut of Character:
I'm so sorry! I forgot to track this post. >_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back