Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence Of Hair From The Mane Of A Unicorn
Violet strolled along the seventh floor corridor, hoping she would run in to Andy. That lovely Bulgarian boy, who, Violet had to admit (although she was madly in love and quite happily so), was quite attractive, had entrusted her with Andy's Christmas present, and she was not going to disappoint either party involved. The ruby necklace was beautiful, and Violet figured it would suit Andy well. That, and rubies were far more romantic than diamonds. Shrugging, she clutched the bag of muggle chocolates she had bought to give to Andy and her dorm mates in one hand, the box containing the necklace in the other, and waited.

Andy had just had a great morning out flying first by herself and then with Carlisle. She seriously felt as if she hadn't had an awful lot to smile about lately and planned on enjoying every moment that she was given the opportunity to. Sometimes she felt really bad about these brief moments, part of her wanted to mope about trying to console her heart over Bruin and another part of her wanted nothing more than to wallow in the grief of her uncle some more, while another part again wanted to to simply shut down as it was clueless as to what to do concerning her bestfriend Kat. She was torn so many ways and not just about these but for now these were occupied most of her thoughts these days.

As she made her way up to the seventh floor she saw Violet there and smiled.
"Hey you" she pretended to look about her for a minute, "Wow, where's your other half? Kind of rare for the two of you not to be together".

Violet blushed at Andy's comment. "I'm not really that bad, am I?" she questioned, mortified. Sure, she loved spending time with Aries, but it wasn't like he was the only thing in her life...right? Swallowing, she shook her head. "Don't know. Anyway, I was looking for you," she stated, smiling. "Firstly, a very belated prezzie from me, because I didn't feel right delivering this without giving you something myself," she explained, handing over the bag of Caramello Koalas. Muggle chocolate from Australia, she thought with a smile. "Share them with your dorm-mates, keep them to yourself, doesn't matter really. I'd keep them all to myself, but then again that's just me," she laughed. Andy was very thin, very fit. Violet was not that fit, nor particuarly thin. "Oh, yeah, and secondly, this sweet Bulgarian guy came in to the shop over the holidays and bought something for...well, for you. He asked me to deliver it because I said I knew you. Here you go!" she grinned, handing over the box with the necklace.

Andy smiled and shook her head.
"I was just teasing honestly Violet" she hadn't meant to make Violet feel uncomfortable in all honesty Andy was downright jealous of the amazing relationship that Aries and Violet had, that Zuka and Brian or Kat and Sumner, Estrella and Jaken had. It was all so depressing this loved up vibe that was going on around her and yet, she seemed hell bent on either screwing up whatever chance she had or fixing herself for sheer heartbreak by going down the unrequited route. As Violet handed her the chocolates she felt terrible.
"Vi, I didn't get you anything. Wow, thanks though. I spent the entire holidays with my mother and my new sister and brother" she looked quizzically at the other gift she was giving her.
"A Bulgarian guy? the only Bulgarian I know is Dom.. oh, my goodness" Andy was nearly afraid to open the box now.
"Was he tall, really really good looking. Long blonde hair, body to die for?" she attempted a peak in the box but butterflies in her stomach were preventing her.

Violet sighed in relief. "Oh, seriously, don't worry! Just something small. Besides, you deserve to have them more than I do. Also, yes, yes he was. Extremely attractive, if I'm permitted to say or think such things," she grinned, remembering how she'd been stunned by how good looking this guy was, and how terrible she'd felt for thinking such things. She was only human, after all. "He got you something really nice, too, I guess he fancies you?" she grinned. Violet was a naturally oblivious person, so whether Andy would be happy about that or not, Violet wasn't exactly sure.

Andy looked once more at the candy and grinned before turning her attention back to the box. She was now all fingers and thumbs and walked over to the wall and placed her broom and the candy down on the ground for a moment as she took a deep breath.
"Yep that sounds like Dominicus but he bought me a gift? We only met once, of course we meant to meet up again but so many other things happened over Christmas that I never got a chance" she rolled her eyes and blushed slightly, "Fancies me? He told me first day and only day that he loved me Violet. What's a girl to do with that huh?"
Then very slowly she opened the box and felt as if someone had sucker punched her.
"Oh... oh, my" Andy was never speechless if it could be helped but right now, quite frankly she was awestruck and dumbstruck. Inside the box was the most beautiful expensive looking ruby necklace she had ever seen. She attempted to touch it but recoiled her fingers quickly, looking up at Violet.

"Vi, tell me this is custom jewellery please. Tell me these are fake".

Violet's jaw literally dropped when Andy revealed that this guy had told her that he loved her, the only time they met. "Um, wow? That's a bit...sudden, isn't it?" she blurted, not thinking in her astonishment. "That's...wow," she muttered, shaking her head in confusion. "I guess he's a passionate bloke?" she half-joked, watching carefully as Andy opened the box. "Can't tell you anything of the sort. Would lose my job if I went around saying things like that," she said slowly, shaking her head again. "He did seem completely smitten when I met him, but..." she trailed off, unsure what to say.

Andy shook her head with a sigh.
"He's lovely Violet, he's practically perfect in every way. He's good looking, fun to be with, romantic, spontaneous" Andy had hoped she would list reasons why she shouldn't be with Dominicus but everything about him that day gave her no cause to doubt his sincerity or him. Andy's hands nearly shook as she touched the necklace.
"They're real" she gulped in wonder, "I didn't get him anything either".

Violet shrugged, and smiled at Andy. "Hey, don't worry. You didn't expect this, and you can make it up to him later, I mean, he cares about you, it would seem, so I don't think he'd mind such a slight trifle like this?" she stated, although she realised her words weren't really that helpful. "I guess you seem to like him, then. Maybe you should arrange to see him again? I'm sure he's dying to see you, and maybe you can get to know him a little better, see if you return his affections," she said, with another nonchalant shrug. "Not really good with the advice thing," she muttered, a little embarassed to admit such a thing. Being the daughter of a doctor and a journalist really should have meant she was a little more coherent and better at giving advice, and she was getting better, but there was enough of the shy, pudgy eleven year old left to find advice giving difficult. Besides, Andy probably didn't want her advice, anyway.

Andy sighed and ended up walking over to the marble seat between the suits of armour, looking at the gift in her hand.
"Violet, if I accept this then that's like saying my affections can be bought. That I'm basically worth a ruby necklace" she sighed not sure where she was going with this, but accepting something of this magnitude she simply couldn't do no matter if his heart had been sincere in it's convictions when he had purchased it or not.
"I'm still trying to get over some one else, it'd be wrong of me to just take this and pretend like Dominicus matters to me. Yeah, he's sweet and everything and I do like him but... that's the problem, there's a but."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back