Deja Vu

Scorpius Knight

OOC First Name
Abby
Wand
Elder 15 1/2" Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
Scorpius exited the Great Hall again with a scowl placed on his face, his silver eyes cloudy with dark grey anger. He hated the stupid magazine and wished whoever wrote it would quite frankly go to hell. His hands were balled into fists as he tried deciding where to go, he hated that he had such a short temper - otherwise he would've ran after Taylor. He didn't want to accidentally unleash his anger on her, since he wasn't angry with her, mostly just confused. Confused about this all.

He needed to go somewhere to keep him out of harm, the last time the first issue had come out calling him a hypocrite, he and Thomas had gone to the Forbidden Forest to let out his anger and it had ended up with him having a very obvious scar going diagonally across his lips and he no longer had any feeling in his lower lip. Instinctively, his hand went up to his mouth to run his fingers over the scar, which in turn only made him slightly more frustrated.

He walked wherever his feet took him, not very far from the Great Hall really, and entered an empty classroom. He took a seat at the unused Professor's desk and it wasn't until he looked out from the desk that he noticed this was the exact same classroom he and Beau had fought in, and later agreed to disagree with each other. He rolled his eyes at the memory but buried his head in his hands, his mind more preoccupied with more important matters.

Taylor and Aeon. He had had a strange suspicion that Aeon used to have a crush on Taylor and therefore didn't like him, but he thought that was over and done with. Really it was Aeon's fault for not making a move on Taylor while Knight was with Luna, his loss. But did he have to worry when the two Gryffindors hung out now? He didn't want it to be like his paranoia with Luna and Angus last year, it was a horrible feeling he wished never to go through again. Should he even believe the trashy magazine? It was all rubbish anyway right? It was probably nothing to worry about. But as he tried to re-assure himself with that thought, he remembered Luna telling him that Angus was no one to worry about either and look where they all were now. A small sigh escaped his lips as he tried to calm himself down before doing or saying anything rash.

Luna had read the magazine and let out a sigh as Scorpius burst from the great hall she shook her head and vowed to get some sort of revenge on whoever had done this. Whoever it was seemed to have a personal grudge against him and Luna was surprised Knight hadn't already questioned her about it. But Luna wouldn't do something like that to him. Not after all of the rightful paranoia he had to deal with from her. Not the she ever regretted breaking up with him, her and Angus felt perfect together.

She ate one or two more pieces of bacon before exting the hall herself. Not to search for him but all of the buzz concentrated into one room over something like that just got extremely annoying after a while. Not wanting to trek all the way back up the large tower to go to her dorm Luna just went in one of the empty classrooms nearby. She door shut behind her with a soft click, and when she looked at the room she was she saw the slumped over form of her ex o the unused professors desk. "That magazine's a load of crap Scorpius..." she said softly "Sorry, I was just looking for a place to relax for a while and didn't feel like walking to the dorms... I'll find another classroom if that'd be better." she said reaching for the door handle.

Scorpius didn't hear someone coming in until the door clicked shut softly. The next voice he heard caught him off guard and he snapped his head up to see his ex-girlfriend Luna standing there, saying the magazine was a load of crap. He gave her a small crooked smile though he was in no smiling mood, it seemed they were running into each other in the oddest places this year. He really hoped the magazine was all crap because he didn't want to go through last year all over again. "No you can stay here if you'd like," he responded, his Irish accent ringing out in the empty classroom. "Were you mentioned in the magazine?" he asked her with concern, he had been unable to get passed his own story.

Luna put her hand back to her side when asked about her being in the magazine. "Luckily no... The only times my name came up were in the articles attacking you." Luna said hopping up on the other end of the professor desk. "But I swear... Whoevers doing it must have something against you. Calling you a hypocrite and questioning your relationship with that one girl... Taylor? I'm ctually surprised you didn't come storming up blaming me the way we broke up. Though please don't start now because I wouldn't do something like that, it's petty and stupid." Luna said kicking her legs back and forth making soft thumps on he desk. "Though I do wonder who is behind it all... Whoever it is will have their ass kicked to Timbuktu when this is all over." she said

Scorpius looked up at Luna as she took a seat on the desk and felt his anger already subsiding. As fast as his temper seemed to start, it would subside quickly too. He shook his head when she said she was surprised he hadn't been blaming her. Even though he and Luna ended up pretty rough he knew her, and knew that she would never do something so vile like this. Who would do this to him? He didn't have many enemies, for one thing Beau was gone, not that he would think Beau capable of doing something like this either. "What's worse is that they were pretty much right, well about the hypocrite thing," he added in barely above a whisper. His grey eyes flickered up to her once more as he recalled the feelings of hypocrisy he had been feeling after he had began liking Taylor.

He had lost his temper with Luna and actually yelled at her, something he was sure his mother would yell at him for, and he had gotten mad that she had liked someone else throughout their entire relationship. Well he had been subconsciously doing the same with Taylor the whole time and never stopped to think about it that way. "And Luna, about last year," he said softly, ruffling his hair nervously. "I really had no right to yell at you like that," he said, hoping she knew that he was talking about that Valentines day.

Luna's last kick against the desk ended with a slightly louder 'thunk' then any of the others had. She let out a long sigh and looked at the boy sitting on the desk beside of her. "Please don't start with that Scorpius..." she started "If there's one thing I've taken from all of this it's that you definitely can't help who you have feelings for." she said "I might had thought that at first only not with her... With that other blonde, the one that hated me? I forget her name..." Luna said "But to be honest I'm really happy for you. I'm glad we both found someone who fit us better. Surely you guys don't fight as much as we did do you?" she ended

Luna listened and pondered her response for a moment for deciding to just give him the truth and not sugar coat it. "Well, yeah I could have done without that. But I mean, you had just realized that your girlfriend liked another guy. How the hell were you supposed to handle it? Now if you had tried to hit me I would have had to do something drastic. But I really don't think you would do something like that... Plus the yelling kind of helped me see you were right." she said before going on, "But I wouldn't suggest you ever yell at the one you're with now. I really don't think you have anything to worry about there." But then again, she didn't think he had anything to worry about last year either and look where they were now.

Scorpius bit his scarred lip when she told him not to start and listened to what she had to say. He chuckled as she brought up Jenna and was going to remind her of her name but there really was no point. He shook his head as he thought of the mess that had come from that, it felt like many ages ago! It was hard to believe it was only a year ago. He smiled weakly at her when he said she was happy for him. He still felt this hatred for Angus so he didn't really say much but "Yeah, same," as he tried to give her a truthful smile. He shook his head when she asked if they didn't fight as much as they used to. He and Taylor hadn't had one fight yet, and here he was avoiding her in this empty classroom to avoid his first fight from her, all thanks to the stupid magazine.

He hung his head low when she said she could've done without the yelling, feeling ashamed, but when she said if he would've hit her then it would've been something completely different, he snapped his head up and said sternly, "I would never do that!" He would rather kill himself if he ever laid a hand on a girl. He sighed when she said he had nothing to worry about with Taylor, those were the same words she had used last year about Angus. "I hope so," he said grimly. This stupid magazine was making him doubt his girlfriend and he hated that feeling. "I hate it because the stupid creator of the magazine is probably laughing at me because this is probably the reaction they'd want to get and I'm giving it right to them!" he said frustratedly though there was a hint of a smile.

Luna still couldn't believe sometimes that it had been a year since this whole thing began. Luna had thought that when this time rolled around this year that Scorpius and herself would have been together for over a year, they had fought it out as long as they had. At that point what could have possibly broken them up? But with the way the fighting had been going and both of them getting feelings for other people it would have been disastrous. The way things had turned out were for the best in Luna's eyes. She had liked her relationship with Scorpius too. Well, parts of it. But with Angus something there was just alot more... right.

When Scorpius reacted so quickly to her other comment Luna raised her hands up in the air like one would do under arrest. "Woah there Knight! I said right after that that isn't something you'd do!" she exclaimed before putting he hands back to where they were. Hearing the tone of his voice she let out a small sigh, god only knows how bad that would feel. "I hope so too Scorpius..." she said not really knowing anything else that she could. Nothing coming from her would really be that reassuring when it came to girlfriends not liking their male best friends. Considering what had happened the year before. "Well, If you have a temper there really isn't much you can do. But I can't wait for this person to be found out. I haven't been incriminated myself yet but still, they'll get whats coming to them." she ended

Scorpius chuckled lightly at Luna's response when she threw her hands up in the air. He exhaled to calm himself down and said, "I know you said I wouldn't, I just wanted to make that clear," he chuckled. He smiled weakly when Luna basically wished him luck with his relationship and replied, "Thanks." It was a genuine smile and thanks because even though he had honestly been rather crushed about their break up, he held no hard feelings or bitterness. He and Taylor seemed much better suited for each other, the no fighting thing was a pretty obvious sign, as well as Luna and Angus were good together, but he didn't like to think about Angus. He didn't have to still like Luna in order to hate Angus. He just hoped that this type of hatred wouldn't transfer over to Aeon now that he was paranoid about him and Taylor's relationship. Scorpius opened his mouth before closing it afterward. He wanted to ask Luna if he should be worried or what signs he should look for, but he doubted she knew anything about the two so that would've been pointless. As for signs, well he could probably figure that out himself, since he did with Luna and Angus anyway, but didn't want to bring it up. As she brought up the magazine creator he nodded his head affirmatively and said, "Let's hope we stay out of it from now on." He didn't even want to get a mention in the next issue.

Luna nodded and said "Well even though it wasn't needed that definitely would have cleared things up." she replied with a laugh, when he thanked her she shrugged. "Your welcome, You like her alot. I can see it in your eyes, I wouldn't want last year to repeat itsself." she said, remembering back a few of the key points of the year before. "Scorpius..." she started "Here's a bit of advice, wether or not you take it is entirely up to you of course. You already seem to be handling things better than you did last year. But try not to bring Aeon up with her, or compare yourself to him. We ended up getting in alot of fights about that last year and I always ended up leaving in search of Angus. She might do that with Aeon if you're not careful." she said "and Yes, thats the end of my more than likely unwelcome adivse." Remembering all of those times when she had went to her best friend after a fight with Scorpius. They way they always ended up half way cuddling and always laughing Luna didn't see how she could have been so blind. She and Angus were perfect for each other.

Scorpius smiled weakly when Luna said that she could tell he liked Taylor a lot. Which is why I'm so scared of losing her, he thought pathetically. Last year after he had been caught by Jenna and Luna was pretty bad and he had thought that almost losing Luna was a feeling he never wanted to go through, but that feeling was nothing compared to how it felt if he lost Taylor. He and Taylor, well he didn't want to jinx it by saying they were perfect, but that's how he felt. No, not perfect, he and Taylor didn't do 'perfect' they were human, they were their own version of perfect: fantastic. From the day they met, before Luna even, he knew they had a connection, it was quite crazy now that he thought about it.

He focused on Luna as she began addressing him, shoving his thoughts away quickly as he listened to her advice. His brows were furrowed together deep in concentration. Sure it wasn't something that would cheer him up exactly, but it was good advice that would help him in the long run. "Thanks," he said in regards to her advice. He bit his scarred lip in thought, wondering for a slight second if his paranoia last year had actually driven Angus and Luna together instead. But the thought didn't linger on his mind long, because it didn't matter to him. He was completely happy with his Gryffindor girl now. "So, is talking to Aeon out of the question too?" he asked half jokingly, half serious. Really he didn't want it to turn into another Angus situation, he just wanted things out in the open between him and Aeon so there would be no tension between them.

During that small strech of silence inbetween the giving of advise and getting an answer Luna pondered her relationship with Angus. Maybe thinking perfect was too much. Noone was perfect after all but she just couldn't help herself sometimes. Something about it all just seemed so right, subconciously even before her and Scorpius had broken up. They had always been attached one way or another from the day they met. Back at the beginning of first year, when they tuned the other people out and got lost in their own little world, even the beginning of last year when even though they hadn't spoken in a year they fell into each others arms in an instant, forming bonds that wouldn't be broken easily. It was too soon to say she was in love but that was definitely to come.

"No problem... Even if it isn't exactly what you wanted to hear it's the best thing for you." she said with a small shrug. She didn't bother wondering if it was his paranoia that had brought them to where they were because she had a feeling that no matter what they had done things would have ended up this way, only worse due to time. It seemed the same thing had happened to both of them. They both had better matches and they just had to find them. Things were better this way, the only thing that could make it better was having some sort of friendship with Scorpius. Not much, maybe just an aquantienceship. But enough to get some sort of closure on the past and focus on the present... and the future. When he asked about Aeon Luna shrugged, "Now that I don't know." she ended she didn't know what else to tell him.

Scorpius nodded his head softly as Luna said it was best for him. He chuckled lightly when she said she really didn't know if talking to Aeon was off limits for him too but he simply shrugged it off. He felt his anger had quickly subsided so he wasn't feeling so angry towards the Gryffindor boy anymore. Scorpius exhaled softly and said, "Well Luna, thanks. Thanks for listening to me and telling me what I needed to hear," he grinned up at her. He got up off the desk and said, "I think I should go now," though he lingered as if he wasn't quite through. This was the most they had talked since last year and though it was nice, he knew they wouldn't be chatting all the time, so part of him just wanted to end things with a parting hug and go their separate ways, speaking when they ran into each other, no longer avoiding each other and things like that.

[Sorry it took me so long. I figured we could just wrap this up now with a hug for the mag. ;) ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back