Deep thought...

Belle Alcina

Belle walked up to the North tower she loved to come up here. It was always peaceful, even when there were people here. She stared out the stained glass window. She just looked at the warm day outside. She sat on the sill and thought mostly about Steph and Harri's problems but also about "him".....

Sam quietly walked in, her head bowed. She had that hat upon her head again. She kept it on as much as possible. It restricted the movement of her side bangs, which was preferable. She didn't notice the other girl quite yet. Instead, she walked behind her quietly, and to a window on the other side of the tower. She leaned against the window's stone pane, and stared out across the lake. Here was the perfect place to be alone. The perfect place to rendevous from the social ambiguities and stresses of life at a boarding school. She had always been a social little girl as a child, but, now, after what had happened almost four months ago, she was reclusive and quiet. She let out a quiet sigh, and turned around, planning to lean against the wall to brood, when she saw her - that Gryffindor that was in all of her classes. She let out a little, "oh!" of surprise, her eyes wide. She immediately grabbed at her hat, pulling it over her forehead more securely. "Erm...hi?"

Aaron had been on his way to the common room when he spotted Belle and another girl from his classes by one of the windows.
"Hey Belle" He said, smiling and walking towards them. "I'm Aaron" He told the other girl.

"Oh hey...Your in my classes right."Belle said recongnising the girlwhich she has never actually spoken to before. "I'm Belle." she said holding out her hand.

"Oh. Hey Aaron. How are you?" Belle said with a broad smile on her face, pleased to see him.

"So have any of you guys done your potions essay?" Belle asked openly.

"Erm...not yet," Sam said, scuffing her foot uncomfortably. The girl was obviously waiting for this boy to come up to the tower. She didn't feel like intruding on whatever they wanted to be alone about.

"Um...if you want to be alone, I'll leave," she said a little bluntly.

"What! No...no stay please...stay. I don't mean it in any sort of bad way to you Aaron." Belle wanted the ground to swallow her up right now. "Why..why would you think that.." Belle laughed uncomfortably. She cringed and her cheeks went bright pink she had to learn to control this...she hoped he didn't notice.

She shrugged, unknowing to Belle's uncomfortable nature at the moment, looking away, her bangs swaying over one eye. She didn't bother moving it. It could reveal her forehead - and that was the last thing she wanted. "I dunno, it just seemed like you were waiting for him, or something," she mumbled, scuffing one foot uncomfortably on the ground. It was quite obvious that she hadn't had quite a lot of chances to make friends here of late.

"No..no I wasn't.. I was just...I came up here to think..thats all." Belle replied now her whole face was beetroot. Belle hadn't bothered to make another conversation, she felt way to uncomfortable right now and Samanthas comments didn't help.. an awkward silence bit the air.

Sam finally had the sense to look up and saw that Belle's face was flaming red. She suddenly felt terrible. She was so bad at socializing! She had made an innapropriate comment at the worst time imaginable. Her usually pale face flushed with some slight color.

"Well, I'll...leave you to your thoughts, then..." she said before swiftly scurrying past Belle and Aaron, nearly tripping as she fled down the stairs and towards the common room.

"Wait...what I...I didn't mean it like that.." Belle said honestly. "I'm sorry for the way I acted" Belle said to Aaron. Her face was cooling down a bit. " So what is your favourite subject?" Belle said changing the subject. She hadn't actually talked to Aaron on her own yet..

Aaron blushed and looked down at his shoes as an embarrassing conversation went on between the two girls. When Samantha had left, he looked up and smiled at Belle, "Oh It's fine, don't worry" He said. "I love flying, how about you?" He asked her in return, running a hand through his hair, trying to make it sit a little neater.

Belle was cooling down a bit more as Aaron had just continued with the conversation like normal. "Well I like Herbology and thats about it, I'm rubbish at flying. You saw me in practise right? I kinda like Defence angainst the Dark Arts...Are you trying out for the team?" Belle asked him as she smiled back. She has seen Aaron in flying class, he was good. "Hey, are you going out to Brightstone Village for the break?" Belle asked her eyes twinkling with the reflection of the grounds and the sun beaming upon her face.

"Hey Hollie! Yeah I'm good..oh have you guys met? Well Hollie this is Aaron, Aaron, Hollie" Belle smiled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back