Deciding on one.

As Atticus sat down, she started to slice a bit on her chicken and stuff it gracefully on her mouth. "The taste is great." She commented on the food, it was totally delicious. After chewing the first one on her mouth, Mae took another slice and ate it.

He sliced it, and before sticking his first piece in his mouth he said; "Thank you! Alfie is amazing!" He took his bite and chewed it, grabbing a glass that was sitting on the table, he sipped out of it.

"Yeah, sure he is." She said and ate another slice, then her beeper rang for the first time they were in there. Mae took the beeper inside of her bag and read the short message. An emergencies in the Hospital, she looked at the Atticus who was busy drinking. Mae placed her beeper inside her bag again and ignore the message. She took a sip on her glass slowly and another beep was heard, she almost spit the wine out of her mouth. Why this time around? she asked herself irritated.

He looked at her. "Do you need to go?" He asked. He didn't want her to ignore an emergency just for him. Especially since he never really dumped his last girlfriend. He watched for her reaction.

Atticus asked if she needed to go, "No, its nothing really." She lied, Mae never lied in her entire life. She swear on her mind and continued to eat when her cellphone rang, she almost dropped her utensils hard on the plate. Mae took her cellphone out of her bag and answered, it was her co-healer calling her saying she's needed immediately. Mae answered back telling she's busy with something and hang up, she placed her phone on the table beside her plate and sigh. "Its fine, nothing personal." Mae promised.

"You need to go." He said sympathetically. "I'll feel guilty if you don't. We can reschedule after all. But, you can't reschedule sickness." He stated looking at her seriously. If someone died because Mae wasn't their, he would completely blame himself. He knew he could always take the food home and Alfie would scarf on it.

Mae looked at Atticus sadly because she wanted to be with him longer, "Are you sure?" She asked, Mae really doesn't wanted go. "Do you really want me to go?" Mae pouted her lips and made a puppy dog eye.

"Of course i don't want you to go. But, if someone needs you more then me; then let that be it." He smiled at her. "You are so cute when you pout." He then sighed. "If you wanna stay you can."

"Maybe some other time when I got my day off?" She said rather than asked, well sh had to go for the sake of her job and the human kind. "I must be off." Mae told Atticus, she stood up on her chair and took her cellphone and bag. "If your planning another date, please make it simple ... it might turned the same like this." Mae smiled warmly at the both Tyler brother's and shook her head slightly.

He smiled at her, and stood up. After she finished saying things he said; "Don't count on it cutie." He then turned away for a second, and before thinking gave her a quick kiss on the lips. "Have a good time saving lives." With a wide grin he waited for her reaction.

Mae sigh from Atticus stubbornness, "Okay." She sang and smiled. It was then that Atticus turned away and she was going to turn away too to walked back at the street of Obsidian when Atticus turned back just in time and kiss her on the lips. Mae didn't moved a little, it was fast and she didn't even brace herself from that. "Umm ..." She trailed off, "Okay, you too." Mae told him and walked slowly away, smiling.

She was a confusing girl; obviously he had surprised him. She walked away; and he wished he could tell what she was thinking; but, he couldn't. He smiled slightly and began cleaning up; wondering what Alfie was going to say when he came home without a girl.

END SCENE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back