Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Sturdy Alder Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
My dearest Dove

I've been sorted! I was sorted into Slytherin which was a little bit of a surprise, after reading up on the Houses, I didn't think I fit their mold, but obviously the Sorting Hat found a bit of snake green in me after all! It's been all so exciting so far, I've been wanting to write you since I got here. I'm about to give you the full run down, so bare with me here!
The train ride was excrushe excrooshi excruciatingly really really long, I think the mixture of nerves and excitement made it seem much longer. But we saw a lot of New Zealand's country side. It's so green! There were a lot of hills, and even more sheep! So many sheep Dove! Because they are just coming out of winter (weird, right?!), they were still all big and white and wooly, like fluffy clouds! I'm sure they would not appreshiate like it, but I would love to cuddle one! There were also lots of cows and horses, but they are not as cuddly as the sheep.
I tried to remember as much as I could for you, the 'Great Hall' is imakulit magnifisent stunning! The stars were in the roof! It was like there wasn't a roof, just the sky, with so many stars. There floating candles! The candles were flying in the sky, just above our heads, but the room was so warm and homely, as much as I miss home and miss you, I think I will definatly feel at home here. The sorting hat sang a song! As well as reading up, and the song, I think Gryffindors are said as brave and strong and bold? Hufflepuffs sound wonderful, they work hard and are loyal and Ravenclaws are really clever, so I knew I wouldn't be there haha, but Slytherins are cunning which I don't think is me but they are also loyal and ambitious so I guess that works too. Anyway, there were four tables, one for each house and I sat with the Slytherins, our colors are green and silver and we had a massive dinner! It was fit for a king! Haha I have to be careful that I don't put on weight! The Slytherin Common Room is in the dungeons, I think it's okay for me to tell you that, but I can't tell you the password, but that changes a lot anyway. I thought the dungeons were creepy, but the common room isn't that bad! It's very green-themed, it goes a bit next to the lake which is crazy! It's very grand and fancy in here, but the sofas and couches are really comfortable, I have to be careful that I don't fall asleep.
Okay, my hand is so sore, but I wanted to tell you everything!
Please write me back soon, I miss you so much already!
I wish you were here! I will write to mom and dad soon as well.
Love you so much!
Anabelle

Dove had tried her very hardest to convince her younger sister to join her at school, at Beauxbatons, but the girl had lost that, and considering her younger sister's letter she actually wasn't that upset about it, Anabelle was clearly enjoying herself, she was proud of the girl and her house, since Dove had always thought should she end up at Hogwarts she like Anabelle would end up in Slytherin, unlike her older sister and hufflepuff. It took a few days before Dove had the time to reply to the letter, and she based her letter upon the one written to her, and she took the most amount of time and care to write perfectly, trying her best to perfect each letter into the french cursive that she had picked up at school.
Letter To Anabelle said:
Ma chere Anabelle,

Bravo! Slytherin, or Serpentard as the French call it, is a bold and great house to be in, and I am more than certain that you will exceed all expectations of you in that most bold of houses. I admit that had I attended Hogwarts like you and Char, I would've been more likely a Slytherin than a Hufflepuff.
Nouvelle Zélande is a most beautiful country, and I can only image the scale to which there were sheep, look out for lambs in the coming spring! Eat like a queen, ma chere Anabelle, you will always be beautiful, do not listen to mother and whatever she may say.
Green has always suited you as a colour, far more than it would suit me, the darker, bolder colours have always been better for you than the lighter paler colours that suit me. Please tell me more! I can not wait to hear more about this amazing school you attend, but you know, if ever you decide that it's not for you, I will happily welcome you to Beauxbatons.
The school term for me has returned to it's usual way of life, I spend time with my friends, and since I need not worry about exams until next year life remains easy, which I am thankful for. France is always so beautiful at this time of year, and the girls and I love going into the town, the ability to wear summer dresses and speak to the local boys.
Which classes are you looking forward to? Have you made any friends yet?
I miss you dearly Anabelle, I love you too,
Dove

Let's just pretend like lots of letters have been written back and forth :p

Ma belle Dove

How are you feeling? I know it must be nearly time. You must be feeling nervous but I know you are brave. I am very proud to call you my sister. Have you spoken to mother and father about it at all? Are they going to help you? I know I am only thirteen, but please let me help where I can. Besides, I know that the boy is going to be helping too, I know that's what fathers are supposed to do.
Pardon for the heavy topic. I don't know if you want to talk about it? You don't have to if you don't want to.
Hogwarts has been... bien. I managed to help some students with their makeup for Halloween. Hopefully they will want my help for the Yule Ball as well. There is a boy I'd like to go to the Yule Ball with...but I doubt he'd want to go with me. He is one of my only friends at this school, but he seems to have lots of other friends. But I am doing fine.

I do miss you so much.
Reste fort, my brave sister!
Anabelle

What are you saying? They have :r
Letter said:
Ma chere Anabelle,

It is nearly time, I am admittedly nervous, but I am more afraid, I don't think I can do it, no matter how brave you believe me. It kicks frequently, I can feel it move within me and it is most strange and I don't know what will happen once it is born, the father said he'd help but I am sure he is with some other girl, what if he just takes the baby away from me? Perhaps I made a mistake, I am already attached to it, no matter how weird it feels.
Maybe I was wrong in my choice, maybe I shouldn't have told him. I have not spoken to them at all, Anabelle, imagine the shame they would feel over me? It just a good thing they feel bad about lying to me about certain things that they just gave me this flat near Beauxbatons without question. I can only rest easy because no matter what our parent's privilege will mean this baby won't be born in the street. My telling them, will, just, not be worth it.

It is okay my sweet sister, it is happening, I can not turn back now, what will come will come. But please tell me more on how you are doing, tell me about this boy who you like? Perhaps you should ask him to the ball, ignore what mother says about waiting for the boy, be bold Anabelle, be braver than I am. How are your classes? Tell me all about Hogwarts? I want to here about how you are doing rather than you asking after me and this baby. Please, give me something other than my future to think about?

I love and miss you, my sister.
I'll see you soon,
Dove

Ma belle Dove,

You can do this Dove, you are the bravest of us all. How amazing that you have a human being inside of you. What is the boy's name? He cannot take it from you. It's not a mistake if you are attached. It will get all of our love! Do you think you will ever tell mother and father? You tell me all the time to ignore what mother says, and I think you need to as well. Surely they will want to help? But it is your choice. I'll keep quiet about it if you want me to. But I would like to spend a lot of time with you during the holidays, if you'll have me. I promise to not be annoying, and to help where I can!
Well, his name is Rory. He's Scottish and I met him on my very first night here. He was supposed to go to Hogwarts Scotland, but he came here instead, and I am glad for it. I don't know if I can be as bold as you though, Dove! I will see how I go, and let you know if I get the courage to ask him. Classes are okay! The homework is boring, it's not exactly my favorite thing to do. How did you manage to get through all the homework?

Je t'aime! Write soon!
Anabelle x

Letter said:
Ma chere Anabelle,

My sweet sister, I have such huge news for you, I have had the baby! It is a beautiful little boy, he is the smallest thing I have ever seen. We have not yet decided upon a name, but the even better news is that I will be able to keep him, I will be raising him in the home of his father, I had planned to return to Beauxbatons but I do not know if this certain. I write this with the baby upon my chest but when he scrunches his face or smiles even a little I feel my love for him grow. Anabelle, I wish for you to meet him! I will arrange it, I will do that. He has the bluest eyes currently, but the rest of his features are really his father's. I cried so much when he was born, I was still so worried, and I didn't want to lose him. But, I will not, and he sleeps peacefully in my arms.
I will tell our parents soon, though I already know what response they will give, I know what they will do, I don't need to be a seer to know what will happen. Promise me that no matter what they do you will remain my sister, I love you so much, I don't want you to not be in my life.

Rory sounds lovely, he should accept your request. You are surely the mot beautiful girl in his year group and therefore it would be foolish for him to turn you down. You will have the courage I know it. I believe in you. He will accept. Have you an outfit yet? I can recommend a few dresses, but you can always ask Charlotte for that, she makes dresses after all. As for homework, I couldn't admit to having done much of it, I preferred spending time with others, and I just always got by. Do a little, and even if you don't do it all, it will help you. You are such a smart girl though, I am sure you will have no problems. I am certain of it. Where do you intend to spend the summer break? At school or will you be returning home? If you are I can see about allowing you to see the baby, it might be complicated but I can see what I could do.

I'll see you soon,
Dove

Ma belle Dove,

You have no idea how excited I am! My Dove, I cannot believe you have had a little boy! After all the months of pregnancy, it's amazing that you have an actual child! I wish I could have been there for you, though I doubt I would have been too much help. But I really do want to meet him. I don't know what you mean about allowing me to see the baby Dove, I assumed I should be allowed? I am and always will be your sister, no matter what our parents say, I will always be in your life, and so want to be in the little boy's life as well. Please let me meet him.

You were right! Rory said yes!! I'm going to the ball with him. I don't have any outfit yet, but you are right, I will ask Charlotte. Rory even wants to match my outfit. I couldn't believe that someone like him would like me, he is a pureblood as well, so I am sure even mother would be impressed! I don't care for that though, all I know is he is wonderful and likes me! I'm so excited Dove, I know it may not seem huge when you have a baby to care for, but I just needed to let you know. You are so kind to me, I am definitely not the most beautiful or smart, but I appreciate your confidence in me.
I will return home just so I can see you, I don't know what would be complicated, I will just let our parents know I am staying with you for a little bit. Please let me know as soon as you choose a name!

Je t'aime!
Anabelle x

letter said:
Ma chere Anabelle,

I know you would like to meet him, and we can arrange something with Havoc, because oh how dearly I wish for you to meet him. I have moved to a new house, it is a large place, like a mansion of some kind, a little darker than I would like, but at least I have not been cast out. It is large and empty, I spend most of my nights alone with the little baby. I long for your company, and we will arrange it with the father. I will make sure that it happens, it must happen. He is your nephew after all. I have spoken with our parents and they have reacted as I had expected, mother wishes to no longer speak with me, but I have received many gifts from our siblings.

Oh, I am so pleased that he said yes! And I told you that he would, after all, he would be simply crazy to not do so. You are such a beautiful girl, you deserve all of the attention from that pureblood boy. Mother would simply be over the moon for you, she will be happy with anyone of high status, and he certainly seems so. Ma chere, you will have the most amazing time at this Yule time ball, you will have the greatest fun, I assure you that you will. My sweet sister, my task of looking after a baby is huge, but it doesn't mean that what is happening to you is any less important. I am so happy for you, and know it will be an amazing night for you. Please, tell me all about it!

I look forward to hopefully having your company, it will mean the world to me that you do. I promise you to arrange it, he will understand, and he will let it happen. I can not wait for you to meet him, I can not wait to share with you in this joyous moment, and to also here more in person about this ball and yuleball date.

I'll see you soon,
Dove

Users who are viewing this thread

Back