Kara Munn

Future Potioneer in Blue 💙🦅
OOC First Name
Harleigh
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Kara sat down at her desk in her bedroom. It was time to send an owl to Daniel with the details of her birthday party. Plus, she wanted to talk to him about school too. Picking up her quill, she began to write on a piece of parchment paper.

Dear Daniel,

My dad has encouraged me to start writing with quill and ink more for practice. If you notice in the package I have put an ink bottle and quill. I had extra and wasn't sure if you had any, so I am sending you some. Also a couple of pieces of parchment paper.

My birthday party is next month and it is mostly family. It will be very simple and I am glad you will be coming. It'll be at 2 pm on March 14th, it's a Sunday. The party will be held at Tākarokaro Park in Brightstone Village. It's a wizarding village, have you ever been there before?

I put my copy of The Phantom Tollbooth in the box, in case you wanted to borrow it. It's my favorite book and I hope you enjoy. I look forward to hearing from you soon and if you want to get together before my birthday, I am sure we can arrange that!

Signed,
Kara Munn

P.S. This is my family owl, his name is Petey. He is nice and loves cranberry snacks.

Placing her quill back into her ink pot, she waited for the ink to dry before folding the letter nicely. She walked over to a wrapped brown parcel on her bed, it had the items she had listed in the letter; a black quill, some ink, a few pieces of parchment paper, and her copy of The Phantom Tollbooth. Kara placed the letter inside on top of the parcel and wrapped the whole thing in a string, securely. She went downstairs to the family owl, Petey, and sent the package off to Daniel, feeding the Petey a treat.

Daniel was sitting on his bed at the place his family was staying at in New Zealand when he heard a tapping at the window. He looked up and was surprised to see an owl on the edge of the windowsill, tapping it's beak against the glass. Maybe that's something from school. Or Kara! He jumped up, realising who it was from and carefully took it from the owl. He read over it, and pulled out everything Kara had sent. Oo, a quill and ink! And parchment too. Oh, and a book! He wasn't sure if it would difficult to write with a quill, but he'd have to learn how.

Dear Kara,

Thank you for your letter, I was so excited to see your owl! And thank you for sending some things, I think it will be good for me to practice writing with a quill and ink before school.

Thanks again for inviting me to your party. I haven't been to Tākarokaro Park, but I have been told where it is, so I should be able to find it. Will I need to bring anything?

I'm looking forward to reading the book you sent me. It looks very interesting! I've sent you one of my favourite books, The Giver. It is the first in a series of four, but I think it's the best one. I'm doing some shopping with my sisters, Samantha and Carrie, in a few days. Just buying their school supplies. If you'd like, you could come along?

Signed,
Daniel Remdond

P.S. Petey is a very friendly owl. I have fed him some cranberries, so he can get to know me better.

Daniel quickly ran downstairs, grabbed some cranberries and brown paper. He ran back upstairs, gave Petey the cranberries, and wrapped up his book. He made sure that the ink was dry, then carefully folded his letter. He sent the letter and package off to Kara.

Last edited:
Kara was delighted to have just finished dinner and noticed the arrival of the family owl. She could only hope the return package was from Daniel. Upon further inspection, it was. Grabbing the package and running to her room she opened it without haste. Kara began to formulate another letter.

Daniel,

I am happy you got my package. I can't wait to read The Giver. Thank you so much. Also, your quillwork looks better than mine! You do not need to bring anything to the party, just yourself. I would love to come along with you and your sisters, thank you for inviting. Just let me know when and I will be there!

Thanks,
Kara

She waved the ink dry before folding it and sent the letter with Petey back to Daniel, of course with an extra snack. Kara could tell Petey seems a little tired.

It was a lot quicker to get the reply from Kara than Daniel thought it would be. Poor Petey looked a little worn out, so Daniel gave him some a snack while he read Kara's letter.

Kara,

I'll have to check with Mum what day we are planning to go shopping, but I will let you know as soon as I find out! I'm looking forward to your party. You wrote early and said it was going to be family? How big is your family? Will I have trouble remembering everyone's names?

Thanks,
Daniel

He waited until the ink had dried, thankfully it didn't take long, and folded the letter up and sent it off.

Kara was almost ready for bed when she got the next letter from Daniel. She opened it and read it, deciding to reply in the morning to give both her and Petey some rest. When she awoke the next morning she began the letter promptly.

Daniel,

I look forward to finding out about shopping. I have a pretty big family, but everyone isn’t able to make it. I have no doubt you’ll find it easy. I believe my twin cousins will be coming, Elizabeth and Harper. They are both attending Hogwarts next year. It’ll be my mom, Candace, who you’ve already met and my dad, Samuel. My little brother Sammy will also be there. I am not sure who else will be showing up, but I promise to introduce you.

Kara

She attached the letter to Petey after giving him his breakfast and wondered downstairs to eat her breakfast sending the owl off.

The next day, Daniel got another letter from Kara. He quickly opened it up and read it.

Kara,

Hopefully, I won't forget any names. That would be embarrassing! It sounds like it will be a lot of fun!

Mum said that we'll be going shopping later in the week, I believe she said Friday. We're going to be at Aotea Square at 10am, if that works for you. We might go get some food before we start shopping, but I'm not sure yet.

Thanks,
Daniel

Daniel gave Petey another treay."Thanks for this, Petey!" He sent to letter off to Kara.

Kara accepted the letter from Petey, who was now slightly amused to see her constantly communicating with someone.

Daniel,

I look forward to seeing you there! Give me a call if plans change. Also, I started reading The Giver and its phenomenal. I just got to the part where Gabriel is brought into the family unit. Could you imagine the world really like that?

Kara

She sent Petey off with the letter.

Daniel opened Kara's letter and was pleased that she was enjoying the book he'd sent.

Kara,

I'm glad that you're enjoying The Giver. It would be super interesting to live in a world like that, but I'm not sure I would like it that much. I've just started The Phantom Tollbooth. I love fantasy novels! They made me wish magic was real, before I found out everything, of course. Milo's has just gotten the package, so I'm looking forward to what happens next!

Daniel

He sent the letter to Kara.

Kara smiled when she received another letter from Daniel.

Daniel,

I don't think I like the idea of not choosing your partner and not having feelings. I wonder if I would choose to skip the medicine. Overall, a very intriguing concept. I love fantasy novels, but mostly to see how different they are in the real world verses in fantasy. Some muggles got the concept right, but others are pretty far off.

Kara

She sent the letter off to him again.
OOCOut of Character:
Do you wanna start the shopping thread with his family?

Kara,

It's definitely an interesting idea. I'm looking forward to going to school and seeing the differences between Muggle ideas and actual truth. I'm super excited!

Mum says that we will be shopping on Friday, at Aotea Square. It's still at 10am, so nothing's changed. I hope my sisters aren't too annoying, but it'll depend on how much we let them buy!

Daniel

Daniel sent the letter off.

OOCOut of Character:

Here you go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back