OOC First Name
Liv
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Wand
Tulip Wood Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Cecily Rambolt groggily sat up and rubbed at her rumpled blonde hair. Normally she woke up ready to face the world, the consummate morning person. Bearse had found it annoying in the extreme and would stalk around like an angry bear. Nicolas she hadn’t the knowledge of how he was in the early morning as they had yet to spend a night together. She sighed heavily, her shoulders hunching and drew up her knees, resting her chin on them.

Although she loved him very much something lately had been troubling her. She hadn’t thought she would want to marry again or ever. After the hell she’d experienced with Bearse even the thought of being tied down legally should have sent her running and screaming like a crazy woman down the streets of Brightstone Village. She grinned and rubbed her shin, green eyes staring thoughtfully out of the window at the clear sky.

Now though—now she sighed, she wanted him to ask her more than anything. Something told her that she was building a castle in the sand. His standoffish attitude and preoccupation she could generously attribute to the latest events around the school. She knew she should stop being so melancholy and just be happy to be with him again after their long break up. She got out of bed and took a shower.

Standing in front of her mirror applying light makeup, her long wavy hair brushed to a shine around her shoulders and wearing a flowing gypsy dress of gauzy scarves in light pastels , lackluster green eyes studied her appearance. The form fitting bodice showed off her curves and slender waist, the off the shoulder design exposed her smooth tanned skin. She slid her feet into a pair light blue flats.

“Ravishing my dear,” her mirror exclaimed, “but the sparkle’s left your eyes honey. Accessories, that’s what you need!”

Sadly Cecily looked down at her unadorned left hand. She looked at herself in the mirror then turned away. Sliding silver bangle bracelets on her wrist she grabbed her small drawstring purse and left to head to the harbor.

She enjoyed strolling through the cobbled streets of the harbor. A good walk always helped her to feel better, ever since she was a little girl and her mum would take her hand; they'd walk around the tree arbor back home and slowly she'd tell her mum her problems. She had no such person now to confide in as Alicia, the closest person she'd had to a friend, was no longer at the school. And she couldn't very well approach Nicolas. She was afraid he would take it the wrong way or feel trapped by her feelings. He didn't deserve that.

So lost in her thoughts she didn't notice the person until she'd run into their back. "Oh I am sorry!"

Edward Stanton enjoyed the great outdoors. He had taken his well deserved day off and went hiking that morning. The grumbling of his stomach had lured him into the Obsidian Harbor to search for a good meal. He had just stepped out of a building after making a quick purchase when someone ran right into him! He whirled around his wand in hand.

His eyes widened a fraction before he lazily put the wand away. He crossed his arms across his broad chest and looked down into the green eyes of the very person he had hoped to run into. "Well if isn't Cissy. Who are you standing up today?"

Cecily had been about to apologize again when the man whirled around. His mocking words hit a wrong chord and her eyes narrowed before she gave him a saccharine smile. "Nobody Ned. If you'll excuse me." She brushed past him, her back arrow straight and spotted the street vendors across the road. Their vegetables were tempting and ripe. Carefully she crossed the busy road full of students and adults alike, nodding and smiling at many of them. She accepted the woven basket from a plump woman with flame red hair and began to browse through the array of colorful food.

Edward chuckled and followed her at a strolling pace. He tipped the wide brimmed dark hat he wore to the fruit stand woman and earned a blush for his trouble. At least someone is affected by my presence. He walked beside Cecily and resumed their conversation. "Really? Because last we corresponded you were supposed to meet me for dinner. I arrived here and lo and behold no Cissy."

"Something came up that was far more important," she said, ignoring him as she chose a few ripe green apples. Like Nicolas being so ill and then the shenanigans of the Prefects play. Not to mention her meeting with her grandfather. She felt like a very tautly wound string that would snap at any moment.

Edward refused to take anything she said today personally. She still hadn't truly forgiven him his behavior. He plucked three apples from her basket and started juggling them expertly. "Your mum raised you better than to stand up a friend."

Grudgingly her lips quirked. "You're right she did," she murmured.

He tossed her an apple toward her while adding a third to his own hands. He watched her expression while he absently tossed them up in a juggle, never breaking the movement of his hands. "So you're here now. You owe me lunch, least you can do," he smirked.

Cecily caught the apple, her basket swinging from where she'd hooked it earlier on her elbow. She forgot her pique with him as laughter escaped her. She tossed the apple back to him and followed his prompt to begin juggling together. It brought back so many good memories; when they were kids he had cheered her up by showing her his bumbling one boy circus act. His words reached through and managed to pop the bubble of humor. She caught her two apples and put them in her basket and turned from him to pay for her goods before walking toward the shops.

Edward put his hand on her arm gently. "C'mon Cis,"he said softly in his deep voice. "One meal,"he held up a forefinger.

Cecily stopped. She looked at the man and saw the boy who she'd grown up with and felt herself soften toward him. She was wary of his intentions but couldn't deny that she missed him terribly. She'd vowed never to speak to him again but it had only hurt her in the long run. "Alright," she said softly, "one meal. But,"she said before he could say anything, "just to hear you out. Nothing more Edward. I'm with Nicolas and I'll have your word you won't try anything funny again."

Edward's jaw tightened then he nodded. "I know. You've my word." His eyes touched on her face with hidden longing. He would always love her but to he knew she would never be his. He had to respect that and her. It still shamed him deeply the way he'd behaved before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back