Days blur together amongst the pages

Cassandra Zhefarovich

OOC First Name
Kelsey ^_^
Wand
Hemlock wand 15" Essence of Doxy Wings
Cassandra found herself walking the now very familiar path from her dorm to the school Library. She thought about how much she had went there her two years at Hogwarts New Zealand and found it quite disconcerting. She had had quite the thriving social life back in her early days at Hogwarts Scotland with the Slytherins of better blood and proper attitude. There were few of those there and the ones that were took it way too far for her name to as associated with. Seriously, some people it seemed had never heard of a thing called sublty. The library had become a second home for the recluse. Ugh... I've turned into such a Ravenclaw she thought bitterly.

She remembered a book she had wanted to read the last time she had been here and made her way through the system of shelves until she found the spot where she remembered it to be at. A small smile appeared on her face when she saw it. It was one of the newer books about quidditch. She didn't play the sport herself but she did enjoy watching it and really needed to learn more about the sport. She struggled with it being on the very top shelf for a bit despite her height and finally hooked her finger in the underside of the spine and sent it falling into her arms before going over to a table and starting to read.

Josiah woke in his room a couple days after his awkward episode with the girl in the pub. They'd sat in utter silence for a good five minutes before he made a less than graceful exit, tripping up the stairs to wake Jude to go see Patricia down the street in the Broomsticks.

He glanced at himself in the looking glass and frowned at the stubble that remained on his face. He'd never gotten around to shaving, especially when the school had sent him an owl instructing that they merely wanted an application filled out, as he had an excellent reference in Onyx. He had smiled at that and filled out the forms, still waiting for a response. He glanced to the crumbled parchment laying on his nightstand that would be his new volunteer job at the Hog's Head if HNZ didn't pull through for him.

He rubbed his prickly jaw and yawned. Still not used to being up so early. The half-beard was beginnignt o itch so he decided to shave anyway, even if he wasn't due for work. After a trip to the W.C. he came back to see a large barn owl perched on the footboard of his bed.

"No bloody way!" he practically giggled, wrenching the letter from the bird's beak and offering it a dry crust of bread from the previous night's supper, which it took gladly and munched on while waiting for a response.

"YES! Haha I've been hired." he exclaimed iterally jumping for joy as he scribbled a quick note to the new headmaster and slipping the letter he'd recieved under the door connecting his room to Jude's.
. said:
Headmaster:

I shall come to the castle straight away. A question, however. Will lodging be provided for myself and my ward or will we be continuing our stay at the Hog's Head?
Thank you so very much,
Josiah Hansen​
<i>
</i>
<i></i>

And with that he made his way to the castle, leaving a bit of money with the barkeep to provide for Jude's meals throughout the day. After a quick stop-in with the house elves- they were cleaning up after last ngiht's halloween festivities- he recieved some breakfast rather greatfully, and ate on his way to the library. 'Jam covered fingers on pages never bodes well with your first day in library' he thought, wiping his fingers clean of crumbs and sticky residue on the handkerchief tucked into his back pocket.

He whistled a tune lightly, for once glad to be up so early. It was wonderful to be back in a school, he'd missed his own Hogwarts so greatly, and it hadn't hit him until now how much he longed to be in the hustle and bustle again. Thankfully it was getting closer to the end of semester and there were sure to be kids studying for exams. That would mean customers for himself and also hopefully for his dear cousin Blair in her shop in Obsidian.

After sliding in through the unneccessarly large oak door to the library he took up perch behind the counter, surveying the large room giddily. His heart stopped as he saw a raven haired beauty make her way from the shelves to a table right in front of him. He choked on his next breath, as he'd been holding it for what seeme dlike eternity, watching the girl there. So much like a dark angel she was....

He cleared his throat and approached her, not havign a clue as to what he was doing,"Hellooo Miss Nott. Find everything alright?" he asked, wondering if she'd recognize his unmistakable deep timbre, a smile on his pale face. He'd shaved it cleana nd he now looked a couple years younger than he must have looked that first day in the pub.

He could have passed for 16 or 17 with his boyish looks. Sure she may recognize the voice,but he really ahd changed a deal after such a small thign as a shave. And he loathed having the stubble, so this was how he would remain during his job. Clean cut and young. Besides, in his subconcious it felt good to appear closer to the girl's age than the three years difference they had.

Josiah told himself it was his job to check up with the students, and thankfully nobody else was in the library or his intentions would have bene noticeable to anyone that was really looking at the goofy grin he was wearing for the girl seated before him.

{{hhhaaaaa haaa haaa pwwwned yours xD}}

Cassandra finished the page she was on quickly and turned the page quickly, making it do a slight 'snap!' as she did so before hearing a slightly familiar voice. She looked up to see a faintly familiar face. where had she seen him before? She knew the face from somewhere but she couldn't quite place it. Probably someone insignifigant if they were this hard to remember. But she answered their question anyways, out of slight obligation more than anything else, "Yes, just fine." she said in a monotone voice wonderng if maybe he was just the overhelpful library type she had seen around the library putting books on the shevles or something. It was quite late and the slightly darkened library was near empty.

she was about to turn back to her book when she remembered where she had seen the good looking boy from before. It was the guy from the Hogs Head who she had eventually silently convinced to leave. The one with the horrid stubble, bloodshot eyes, and seemed a bit slow witted. He was alot better looking when he was clean shaven and not so... Bum like looking. What was his name? Josiah? Joseph? She decided to try the first one. "you're... Josiah right?" she asked slightly interested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back