Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Emmanuel
Wand
Straight 16 1/2 Inch Swishy Poplar Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Open after Marijke posts with Senna

The term had only started a few days ago, but already Penelope felt vaguely guilty for not writing her dad yet. Knowing her brother, he wouldn’t, and their dad didn’t even know what house he was in yet. Penelope hoped she wouldn’t have to write everything about Holden to her dad for the next few years, but she still felt responsible to keep him updated. Thankfully, Holden hadn’t managed to get himself into trouble yet, so she didn’t have to write about that. Penelope was sitting in one of the windowsills on the First Floor, leaning against a large window overlooking the grounds. She had written only a few lines of her letter when the beautiful sunny weather outside finally pulled her attention away. She sighed, wondering if she could go out for a round of flying later. As she started to daydream, her quill fell out of her hand and floated to the ground, the letter temporarily forgotten.

Senna couldn't help but to wonder what this year at school would bring for her. After two years of living at a castle she had to admit she had gotten pretty used to it. Had gotten used to the idea of magic and everything that came with it. It was cool. Something that set her apart from most of the people she had known before she even knew magic existed. And now that she had gotten used to it all she was confident that only good things were yet to come. Maybe she'd make the quidditch team. Or maybe she'd make heaps of new friends this year. Who knew? If magic was real then anything was possible. As she was strutting down the hall glancing around for any sign of whatever was supposed to happen to her this year Senna noticed one of her classmates. The girl in the windowsill and the quill on the floor. It almost sounded like the title of what could be a terrificly bad muggle movie. "Hi Pen! Can I call you Pen? Is me deciding to call you Pen without asking first rude? Anyways, hi! This yours?" She rambled with a grin after picking up the quill and holding it out for Penelope to take, completely oblivious to the fact that the girl had been daydreaming.

Penelope was snapped out of her daydreams by a familiar, enthusiastic voice. It wasn’t Marnie, as she had first thought, but Senna. She knew Senna from her classes, but they had never really spoken much. Now, Senna was talking to her very quickly, making Penelope blink a few times. “Uh, you can call me Pen, if you want.” She finally said quietly. Her eyes widened as she spotted the quill in the girl’s outstretched hand. “Oh, yes!” She added quickly, reaching over to take it from her. “Thank you.”

Senna grinned when it seemed to take Penelope a second to respond. She knew she could be quicky, knew she could ramble. She wouldn't always. Just.. at times. "Cool." She nodded contently when Penelope seemed fine with her being called Pen. "Hey, we could be Pen and Sen." Senna added with a laugh when it clicked how much alike the abbreviations of their names were. It certainly had a ring to it. "No worries!" She smiled as she handed Penelope her quill back. "What were you writing? Anything interesting? A diary entry? A letter? Something for school?"

Penelope had expected Senna to go away after giving her the quill, as she figured that was her reason for talking to her. But the girl stayed, asking a bunch of questions that had Penelope blinking in surprise. “I suppose we could be.” She said cautiously. “And I was writing a letter, actually, to my dad.” She said, gesturing vaguely to the parchment. “I just got distracted.”

Senna bit the inside of her lip for a second when Penelope didn't sound as excited about the prospect of rhyming nicknames as she had been. Then again, she didn't know the other girl very well. And she knew she could be a lot, so perhaps it would just take a little time for Pen to get used to her if they were going to be friends. And Senna had decided that they were, in fact, going to be friends. Done and dusted. "That's nice. Just a once in a while update letter?" She asked curiously. "I mean you don't have to tell me. Obviously. Just curious." She knew she send one of those to her parents every so often just to keep them in the loop of what was going on or explain something new to them. After all, they knew even less about the whole wizarding world than she did. "I get that." She nodded when Pen mentioned getting distracted. "I get distracted all of the time. Like, literally. So often. There's just so many things around here to get distracted by, you know? I mean our school is a castle. And then there's the grounds outside and the sun. It's actually really nice outside, isn't it? Maybe it would be nice to fly a few laps.." She rambled, getting a little distracted herself when she started talking about the sunshine and glancing outside through the window Pen was sitting at.

Penelope nodded at Senna’s question, smiling slightly as she said she didn’t have to tell her. “Well, it’s kind of that.” She said with a nod. “Just writing my dad that we arrived safely and where my brother got sorted, things like that.” She said, glancing down at the parchment for a moment. Her smile widened a bit as Senna talked about getting distracted. It was easy to picture her getting distracted. She laughed softly as it actually happened mid-sentence. “Maybe.” She said with a small shrug. “I could come with you.” She added, before grinning. “Actually, that was what I was thinking about earlier too.” She admitted.

Senna was glad she had managed to use her head for a change and keep her curiousity limited. Or at least had added a disclaimer to it. "Oh, you've got a brother? What house did he get sorted in?" She continued asking questions, genuinely curious. Being an only child had always felt like a curse and a blessing and she couldn't help but to wonder what having siblings would be like. Senna beamed when Penelope seemed to agree that the idea of flying a few laps around the pitch sounded nice, face lighting up even brighter when she offered to come with her. "Seriously? Yeah, for sure! We should do that!" She nodded excitedly, trying very hard to keep herself from turning on her heels to go and get her broom right that second. "What's that saying again? Something about good minds.. think the same?"

Penelope silently cursed herself for mentioning Holden. Now she had to talk about him, and once he got a reputation he would be linked to her, at least in Senna’s mind. “Oh, Gryffindor actually.” She said airily, hoping Senna wouldn’t make big thing out of that. Penelope laughed at Senna’s enthusiasm. “I’d be down.” She said, rolling up the letter for now. She would finish it later. “Great minds think alike?” She added, fairly sure that had been what Senna meant.

Senna's eyebrows shot up when Penelope mentioned her brother getting sorted into Gryffindor. A million questions immediately shot through her head. Did he look like her? Would she be able to pick him out from the crowd in the common room? Were they anything alike? "Is he nice? If he is I could keep an eye out for him. Or if he's not I could totally pester him for you if you want." She joked, although she wasn't opposed to either of those ideas. She never had siblings so getting the chance to look after or even pester someone else's would be cool. Only with permission, obviously. "YES!" Sen exclaimed when Penelope knew the correct was the saying she had been referring to went. "That's what I meant." She nodded confidently. "So what d'you say? Meet at the pitch in like.. fifteen? I mean I don't have a watch or anything but I reckon that's what it'd take for me to get up and down the stairs to get my stuff."

Penelope smiled slightly, though she felt incredibly awkward talking about Holden. She shrugged a little, tucking her hair behind her ear. She decided she had to be honest. “He’s… not usually nice, not to strangers. Please don’t pester him, I don’t want him to be awful to you.” She admitted, feeling her cheeks heat up. She felt a little like she was betraying her brother, but it wasn’t like it was untrue. She hoped Senna wouldn’t think badly of her for being so harsh about her brother, but it only felt fair to warn her. She was so nice and friendly, she knew Holden wouldn’t be nice back. Her smile widened a bit at Senna’s enthusiasm when she confirmed that had been what she meant. “Sure.” She said softly. “That sounds nice.” She put the letter in her bag. “See you there.”

Senna nodded when Penelope talked about her brother, getting a feeling that perhaps she didn't actually like doing so all too much. Something that felt like it was confirmed when she mentioned him not being very nice to strangers. "No worries, I will fully stay away." She replied with a smile. Part of her knew she would still try to scan all of the faces of other students whenever she was in the common room, try to figure out who it was. She just wouldn't engage. "Yay, see you in a bit!" Sen grinned, this time actually turning on her heels to see how quickly she could make it to her dorm and back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back