Day of the Full Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick O'Brien

Patrick took his wand out of his robe pocket as he balanced his niece in his other arm. Raising it he opened the doors to the hospital wing and walked in. Carrying her straight to the furthest hospital bed, he pulled the partition about her to give her some privacy. Using his wand again he summoned the wolfsbane potion that he had ready in a vial on his desk for her.

Patrick looked at this niece wishing he could take her place. He cast the re-enervate spell and waited for her to revive.

Andromeda's eyes slowly opened to see the green partition of the hospital curtains about her almost closing in on her. She wanted immediately to get up and run but a gently hand coaxed her back down. Andromeda knew who it was without having to look at him.

"Do you have the potion?" it was a small weak voice that came when she finally spoke. The pain that had coarsed through her body was dying away slowly but she knew it would return. The potion wouldn't help it in anyway but it would give her peace of mind, literally when the time came.

Patrick watched as she came around but almost immediately tried to get up from the bed. He placed a hand gently on her shoulder guiding her slowly back down to the bed. When she asked for the potion he lifted her head carefully and brought the vial to her lips.

"slowly now ok?" he urged her.

Once she had taken it he laid her down again.
"You better stay here for as long as you feel it necessary alright?" he smoothed the hair from her brow and kissed her forehead.
"I'll be here if you need me, I'll stay up at the table there just try and get some rest" he told her.

Then kissing her forehead gently he pulled gently on the partition.

She drank from the vial he held for her, disgusted by the taste and wanting to gag but she was too tired and weak. Andromeda listened as her uncle said she could stay in the hospital wing if she wanted. She didn't want to but thought it was probably the best option. Watching as he pulled the partition back, she called to him.

"Uncle Patrick, thank you" she closed her eyes and allowed her body to drift slowly though she found it very hard to sleep. Images of amber eyes flashed into her head, large teeth and claws. Strong claws that wear tearing, digging, scratching at earth - she knew then that the claws she was seeing were not those of the monster that had done this to her, they were her own.

Patrick smiled at her as she thanked him then walked up to the large table as he said he would. He summoned some paper work that needed doing but couldn't concentrate. Instead he sat there counting the minutes that passed.

Andromeda wasn't sure how long she lay there, she just knew she needn't to get up now. She had to get back to the dorm and get herself ready for later. Hauling her stiff body off the bed she staggered a little. Steadying herself by holding onto the bed, she moved aside the partition and began the long walk up through the hospital wing to the large table where her uncle sat.

"Hey you" she smiled at him, "I'm going to head back to the dorm now, ok?"
Her mouth felt dry and chalky and her skin still felt really hot but the nauseous feeling in the pit of her stomach had gone for now at least.

Patrick looked up as she made her way up through the hospital wing.
"Are you sure you're up to going back there so soon?" he asked her, "You're welcome to stay here another while. Really".

Zazuka had just gotten the owl from Mr. O' Brian and rushed stright into the hospital wing. "Is everything Ok, is there anything you need, can I do anything..." And about a dosen more questions spouted out of her mouth before catching her foot on the leg of one of the beds, tripping and landing stight on her right hand. Her left had surved for saving her glasses.

"Everything is fine Zazuka. Are you ok?" he stood up and walked over to help her get to her feet.
"Andromeda was about to leave the hospital wing actually" he turned and looked at her, giving her a definite look of 'I think you're mad and should stay'.

"I'm fine, honestly I need to get back to the dorm and sort a few things out before it's too late, later" she told him.
"Zuka I'm sorry he called you, there was no need. Perhaps you better stay here and get your hand looked at. I'm going back to the Gryffindor Room" Andromeda walked on unsteady legs to the hospital door, she pulled on it but felt too weak to give it much of an effort.
"Uncle P can you open this please?"

Brian walked in as Andromeda said she wanted to leave, he had to admit he was a bit nervous to say the least considering tonight was the full moon, but when he saw Zazuka leave he knew that he should be here as well. He felt a bit ashamed of himself for feeling such cowardice yet knew that such fear was within the laws of reaseon.

"what's up everybody?" Brian asked looking around.

Andromeda was angry now with her uncle not with her friends. She turned to him with a look of disbelief etched on her pale features.
"You waited until I was resting and sent word to the two of them?" she turned back to Brian, "It's ok Brian over protective uncle. I just got weak and sick like I did last month, you remember. I'm fine now but I'm going to head back to my dorm for some peace and quiet".

"oh... I hope your okay then" Brian said walking over towards her "do you need help getting back to your room?" he asked politely ignoring the presence of her Uncle.

Andromeda flashed him a smile, thank goodness someone was seeing sense at last. She thought it was solidarity that made him ignore her uncle, so she nodded her head.
"I don't have to be carried but if you're there at least you can run back for the worry patrol if I collapse or keel over again".

Patrick watched as Andromeda's friend Brian entered and wasn't surprised when he was ignored by him. At least he seemed to care enough about Ace to want to get her to her dorm safely.
"Fine go! But please be careful and if you need to come back here, make sure you do"" He stood up and walked over to the door. He held it open and kissed the top of her forehead which was burning up still.
"I'm not far if you need me. I'll see you later anyhow" he told her, "Brian". He merely acknowledged the boys presence knowing that he would still be ignored and still not knowing what he ever had done wrong to the boy.

She let him kiss her forehead, knowing he was only worried because he loved her. Yet today it seemed stifling and she needed to be far away from it.
"I'll see you later" she smiled walking out into the hall way of the third floor to wait for Brian.

Zazuka exsamend her hand then listened to the others, desiding that there was no real damage done. Just a few loose bits of top layers of skin. "I'll go with you both." She said brightly.

"Wait" he called to Zazuka before walking over and flicking his wand over her hand. He said the minor healing incantation and her hand instantly looked as good as new again.
"Please look out for her" he whispered before releasing her hand and watching the three friends leave together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back