Daughters are evil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larissa Gellantara

OOC First Name
Maple
Wand
Oak Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Fairy Blood
Fragments of glass embedded Mrs Sedgwick's face.
She had just told her daughter, Larissa, about her getting married again.
The horrible mess of Mrs Sedgwick's face was Larissa's doing. She still lacked some control over her magic and the anger had burned inside her so much, a nearby vase had exploded.

Mrs Sedgwick sat on one of the beds in St Mungo's, her face worse for wear as she waited for a healer to come and.. well, heal her.

Adrianne had just finished with another patient- A man who had managed to burn half of his face.
Adrianne gave the man a warm smile. She had a brilliant bedside manner but still intimidated some patients with her blood red eyes.
She walked towards the latest casualty and began checking the chart the woman had had to fill out the moment she sat down.
"Mrs Sedgwick?" Adrianne said, her eyes looking up to the woman on the bed.
No, Adrianne thought to herself, surely not..

Adrianne began the process of removing the glass and stopping any spurts of blood.
Once she had removed the glass, Adrianne set about healing the skin so it became almost as good as new.
"It might sting a while," Adrianne said, her mind really elsewhere, "But all scarring should stop being visible after a week.
She gave Mrs Sedgwick a small smile. But her eyes rapidly filled with wonder.
"Can I ask," Adrianne said, unable to stop herself, "are you related to Harold Sedgwick?"

Mrs Sedgwick nodded happily.
Her face began to feel lighter and clearer as the healer removed the shards of glass.
A week.. Well, she could cope for just a week. Larissa didn't want to say what had happened, she didn't want any reputations ruined..

Larissa sat up. "Yes- he's my father.. did you know him?"
Her eyes were wide. She missed her father dearly, even more so than her husband.
They had been so close and Harold had taught her so much..

Adrianne tried not to show her shock.
"I'm Adrianne Sedgwick," she said, her voice suddenly less confident.
If there was one thing that could scare Adrianne, it was family.
"I'm Harold's grandaughter.."
Adrianne had stopped writing the form saying what treatment had been given.

Larissa sat in silence for a moment, then began to laugh.
"His granddaughter?" she laughed, "Is that some kind of sick joke? Both my sisters are dead and only one of them had a son and his surname is Carter."
Larissa's eyes were cold towards Adrianne. She thought this girl must have looked through Larissa's history and found the name. Yes, that was it..
But worry filled Larissa's eyes. She knew there was a reason her mother had left- a reason she had turned so sour.. Could this be why? Did Harold have a secret life?

"What.. No, no, this isn't a joke." Adrianne felt sick. Sick to the bones.
This was her half-aunt. This pathetic excuse for a witch was her blood relative.
"Amber Dolson," Adrianne said, her mind racing, "She was my grandmother- She was with Harold.."
Adrianne just stared at the woman before her. She had never liked family. She never would.
Mrs Sedgwick even had the same look to her- except for the blood red eyes.
"You may leave." Adrianne said bluntly before turning on her heel, running a hand through her hair and walking back to the burnt man.

Larissa sat in silence for a moment.
She finally stood up and headed for the exit, casting a brief backwards glance to Adrianne.
Larissa tried to speak but no sound came out.
She simply continued downstairs and out of St Mungo's, heading back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back