Darkness Fall Redux

Hollace Lutrov

Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
In a blink darkness had swallowed them. Hollace strained against him, her lithe body arching and bowing, trying in vain to displace his hard, muscular frame. Rough fingers bit into the tender flesh of her wrists, their legs tangled and silently they struggled as cold bit into the room. His mocking laughter raced along her skin, dark eyes mocked her puny effort. Slowly, she stopped and let her body go limp, dark hair falling across her face as she turned her head to the side. She shook from anger, trembled from desire and quietly panted from exertion. She may have wanted to escape him but all she had succeeded in doing was smother herself in his scent, rub against his perfect body.

Hollace clenched her jaw, staring stonily at the black wall, feeling his breath lightly fan her cheek. A dark, boiling rage swirled within her dark eyes as temptation grew inside. Slowly Hollace turned her head, something foreign hardening her eyes. Quick as a black adder, she struck, aiming her forehead toward the vulnerable bridge of his nose.

Hades smirked when Hollace went limp, but he had no idea what in the world was coming. A crack was heard, and Hades felt... All he could feel was rage. No pain. Nothing physical. One of his hands released Hollace's wrist, and it flew up to his face. Within a second, Hades fixed the problem which was a broken nose, and he shook his head. "Pathetic, you know that." He fixed himself on top of her body, on his bed in his home, and held her wrists down close to her waist. "I could leave you in the dungeons to rot, you know that. You have managed to piss me off more than anyone else. Want me to do that? You aren't my wife anymore."

Hades' eyes went down her body, and he smirked evilly. His onyx eyes flashed with anger, and also with excitement. This was getting fun, and right now, Hollace would give in to him. He would never force something like this upon her. No woman deserved that. But everything else, he would. "It is the anniversary, our first. We should make it last, my love." Hades mocked her love for him, by his hissing words.

Hollace eyed her ex-husband through orbs that appeared darker than the Russian nights. He looked unfairly good, too good, she snarled in her mind, unknowing that the sound growled in her throat, sounding very much like a pissed off cat. Suddenly her eyes turned hot as if the very coals of fire were lit within her darkening soul. No longer did she struggle against his hold but let her dancers body relax, become pliant and warm. One long, slim leg bent at the knee, thigh rubbed against the outside of his, the sharp stiletto heel gently grazed the back of his knee in a slow trail. "Remember the last time we ended up in the dungeons, my love?" she purred, darkly seductive, the light barely apparent as her neck arched, head rose and her lips grazed the underside of his jaw.

Slowly her head returned to the pillow and her mouth parted to murmur taunting words. "Our first." She hummed in her throat, full lips twisted in derision. "How am I the pathetic one, Hades? Maybe if you were man enough to hold onto me...I'd take you up on your offer. But since you're not..." she trailed off in sing song, knowing she was jabbing a rabid animal with a sharp stick...and uncaring of the consequences. Speaking of sharp sticks. Hollace jaw clenched as her foot came down, the stiletto heel gouging into the soft flesh of the back of Hades knee.

Hades smirked evilly. Never would this woman know the true Hades, not without plunging into the darkness head first. Hollace was fighting it. This was getting on Hades' nerves. "I remember the last time, but I was recalling the first time. I should have left you down there and rot." Hades' eyes weren't filling up with just coldness but with hatred too. This was a strange hatred that had never been there for Hollace. Hades was starting to hate her. Something about her loving him was killing him. He wanted to end that, and Hades was bound to. But first, before she would have to die in the end, Hades needed something from her. Something to remember her by, a reminder. Her touches meant nothing anymore. Nothing fueled him except the hatred that burned in his chest.

"What makes you think I wanted to hang onto you. You are nothing more than a hopeless schoolgirl loving a man that she can never have, that she can never reach. You aren't intelligent enough to realize that I don't love, nor do I have a soul," hissed Hades. The heel went into his skin, and he growled in pain. However, he jumped off the bed, ignored the pain, and he clinched Hollace by the hair, and attempted to slam her head against the headboard. Hades pulled out a knife and he pressed it against her throat. "You are going to give me what I want, or else your blood will fill my bed. Better yet, I will annihilate your entire family, turn your brother against you, and then you will be alone in this world. You are my toy, and I will discard you like the rest when I am done. Unless you go through with my desires, then you will go home, happy, and I will not destroy every aspect of your life."

Any humor, dark or not, faded from the young woman's eyes. In that split moment before he grabbed her, Hollace looked far younger than her twenty one years; a schoolgirl as Hades had claimed, playing dress-up in her older sister's clothes. Never would she be free of him, free of the hurt, free of the constant pain his presence dug into her heart. She had not asked for this, had thought to find solace, comfort at her sibling's home. Instead she had succumbed to a moment of idiotic weakness, drunk too much and wound up here, again, with her now ex-husband.

Pain exploded within her skull, black spots danced before her eyes and Hollace could actually feel the hairs being ripped out by Hades tight, painful grasp on the dark locks. Shakily her hand rose and in a daze she touched it to the back of her head, felt the cold rasp of steel against the tender skin of her throat. Long, black lashes fluttered against pale cheeks, before Hollace raised dazed eyes to the man she had once given her heart to, the man she still fatally loved, more fool her.

She spoke, quietly, so softly, the sweet tone of weary anguish of one who had had so much pain inflicted upon her, she could no longer feel it. Not right then. The gaze she turned on him was one of weariness, the light nearly gone but still present. "Happy?" Once she might have followed that question with a laugh, one not of mirth but of derision. Now she only asked it as though he were insane, which he was. Yet again, so was she, to have been drawn to him, to have allowed him to turn her to his dark world so easily. But she had fled that life, hadn't she? She wouldn't go back to that dark world, couldn't give in to him...could she?

Doubt filled Hollace. At that moment though, she wanted to know, had to know, what he wanted, what he desired from her. "What do you want of me Hades?" In no way was she promising to give in to his dark desires; no, she merely wanted an answer, to have the truth revealed, so that she could prepare to fight or flight. In her exhausted state, she was no match for him. None at all.

As she awaited his answer, her dark gaze flitted to the hand she'd touched to her throbbing head; oddly fascinated by the way the scant light played on the ruby red fingertips. The scent of copper filled her nostrils, the scent pure and clean. She knew, as she slowly made to draw her fingers to her mouth, that it would taste sweet...

What Hades wanted from her would be surprising. Though he had recently become a dark priest, he found that he no longer wanted to be married. Ever. The chains kept him bound, and Hades thought of himself as an unstoppable force, bound by nothing. Hades murmured, "I want you to clear your mind, because you will be participating. I do believe you will like what I have to offer. Better this than live completely and utterly alone." Hades just needed this one thing, and then maybe, he would spare her life. Just maybe. Hades had yet to make up his mind, you see. Purring into her ear, he whispered, "I want children, from you and I. A reminder. And you will submit, because I know you want it." Hades was not someone to force himself upon. The woman always came to him. And he used his alluring voice, the purr of seduction. Hades was a master of intimacy, knowing right where to touch, and the right type of voice. Hades smelt the blood, but it no longer had an effect upon him.

Hades did not bring down the dagger, but he didn't seem nearly as pissed off though on the inside of his chest, rage was consuming his soul. Fury beyond anything imaginable. Hades would have his children from her, and he would take them for his own. He already had a plan that if she wanted to see them, she would have to do the impossible. Hades smirked, wondering just how far a mother would go in order to see her children.

If he had said anything other than those words, Hollace may have been able to resist him. A reminder; images flashed through her mind as her lashes swept her cheeks, a choked sob sighed from her tight throat and for one brief shining moment, the path they had been on before his family imprisoned them both stabbed her through the heart. His dagger would have hurt less. The care and concern, the protectiveness, the tenderness when he'd held her and soothed away her fright, all of it was bittersweet, touched by madness, evil and torment. She didn't want to forget any of it, as she'd once thought. Hollace longed to hold onto those brief moments to her breast, as though holding a photograph. Children...his babies, growing within her.

His breath whispered, warm and steady, on the the delicate shell of her ear, fanned the sensitive skin of her throat. Slowly Hollace pulled back until her eyes met his; Hades was the first man who had ever touched her body, the first man she had ever loved and he was the first man who had ever broken her heart. His once smoky eyes, now black, looked back at her own and as she tottered on the edge of insanity, her breath caught. Hollace, who had once said she did not want children for many years to come, gazed into the darkness and wanted her piece, her memory, preserved forever of what once may have been. Had she known how unhealthy that in and of itself was, she may have backed away, fled for help.

Hollace's hand slid from the loosened hold of his and gently she touched his cheek. Her mouth worked, though no sound emerged. She cleared her throat, tears slid back into her dark hair and with trembling lips she nodded her consent. The thing about dealing with demons though, was to remember they were a tricky lot; she had not thought of afterwards, when their children were born. Hades had said he wanted his reminder, no words of the mother's place in their babies lives had passed his lips. This would haunt Hollace for many years to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back