Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Charlotte
Wand
14 1/2 Inch Yew Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
</FONT></COLOR>
<COLOR color="black"><FONT font="Georgia">Dan was not one for dances, not really. But considering he had never attended the Yule Ball before, he chose to go this year. Both him and his sister were going and because she had been asked, Dan decided to ask somebody as well. Thankfully, she hadn't rejected him otherwise it would have been quite embarrassing. And he had spoken to her before so it wouldn't be that awkward. Before he knew it the Slytherin arrived to the great hall where he saw everyone, except for his partner, some on the dance floor and some lingering around chatting and laughing. In his navy jacket and jeans, Dan scanned the room before finding who he was searching for. He went over to her, smiling, and greeted her. "
Hey," he said warmly, waiting for her to notice his presence.
<i></i>

Firmiana can't believe she was asked to the Yuleball. It was her first and probably her last but she can't say that too early in the game. Fixing her hair one more time at the girls bathroom, she opted to let down her natural wavy red hair and asked for a Wild Patch member to make her a special flower crown for the occasion. Firmiana's dress and shoes were courtesy of her aunt who was more excited than her when Firmiana told her aunt about the invitation. The dress was fitted on her perfectly but the back was expose so much that her date might think it was too revealing. They were teenagers anyway. Take a deep breath, Mia, this is just a dance she thought to herself before doing so. Firmiana made her down to the great hall, it was stunning as usual, although she never went to the Yuleball, she'd have took a peek.

Now that she's here and experiencing it, it was awesome. Shyly walking toward the refreshment table, Firmiana looked around for her date but technically it is a friendly date. Nervous out of her mind, she jump at the voice behind her. "Oh, hey! Dan ..." Firmiana trailed off as she looked her date all over. She had to control her laughter at how casual Dan was. "You look nice." She had seen her friend dress casually and seeing him again dress like one was the high light of her night.

The Slytherin smirked when he noticed what she was wearing. "You too," he complimented in return, sending her a wink. He wasn't lying, Mia did look good. He stood there for a few minutes before asking her politely, "would you like to dance? Though I have to get something straight, I'm not the best at it," he shook his head at just the thought of him swaying to music. Maybe he'd be better at slower songs. He'd never put the effort into trying before though because he didn't really care, neither did his twin but he could definitely see Amy on the dance floor a lot more often than Dan. When he realised a slow song came on, he said, "okay, so now we can dance." He'd do it for his friend if she wanted to, in case she did feel like it he offered. What else was he meant to do here otherwise. Dan put out a hand for Mia to take it if she accepted.
<i></i>

She felt her cheeks blush as he complimented her dress. "Thanks." Firmiana politely thanked the Slytherin boy. It was unusual that she's feeling awkward now than any other times they talked or met. Maybe it's the atmosphere that was changing the mood. Firmiana hope it was. Though when Dan offered her to dance and had warned her about how he's not good at it, the red haired Slytherin just smiled and said, "Don't worry about stepping on my feet. Although, the shoes is expensive but who cares, we're here to have fun." Mia was at least taught how to waltz, that she knows but if Dan thinks they're going to dance freestyle, then she might back out. When the music slowed down and the lights mellow, it was Dan's announcement lifted her spirit more. He offered her a hand and Firmiana took it. Waltz was simply swaying and twirling or just swaying if the partner is inexperience about it.

Dan liked to know he had some effect on people in that way. He kept a small smile on his face as they swayed, and the Slytherin was careful not to step on Mia's feet. He didn't like to hurt others (girls in particular). "Swaying is literally the only thing I can do," he confessed in reference to dancing. He didn't like to humiliate himself in front of a large crowd, especially if they were people he knew. Considering it was a school event, Dan liked to dance the simpler way, so he wouldn't have to break out into a random rhythm or something. "Yeah. Hope you're having the time of your life," he said, sort of teasing his friend and joking about how good of a company Daniel was.
<i></i>

The moment felt funny to her, maybe because her friend is her partner or that Dan wasn't a good dancer. "Why don't you practice with your sister. She might be a help and maybe next Yuleball you're better." Firmiana suggested. She wasn't boasting her ability of dancing perfectly but if they're only swaying then he might start learning for the next girl he dance on this dance floor next year. "Ehh, not really, I might ditch you with the next guy I see." Of course, It was a joke and added quickly, "But as I'm not the type of a date abandoning her handsome date. I guess I'm stuck with you." Firmiana giggled. This might be the most memorable of her year here at Hogwarts and the Slytherin hope that it'll be the same for her next year.

"That's not a bad idea. I'll have to do it some other time though, seeing as she's busy," Dan nodded towards where his sister was dancing and she seemed to be having tons of fun with her partner. The twin wasn't too fond of the idea of her dating, but then again, she wasn't and it was just a dance. He knew her date to Yule Ball so Dan had no problem with it. He laughed, shaking his head at Mia's next statement. "Ouch, I'd hate to get jealous." He put a hand to his chest, carrying over the joke in mock offence. "I'm glad, you really are a great date." The fourth year wasn't trying to flirt. He was being truthful, and girls always liked hearing the truth.
<i></i>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back