Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Who Cares?
Wand
Pear Wood, Unicorn hair core, 14 inches
Sapphire was getting tired of the blond hair- she felt like it made her look like a ghost. That wasn't enough to stop her from going to the Yule Ball, though. Neither was being dateless. She supposed she could've asked Mervyn. He was really the only person she would even consider being here with. She just... wasn't sure how to ask. He didn't really seem like the dancing type. Besides, he came here every year with Leda. The last thing she wanted to do was get between the two of them.

She was used to dancing alone anyway. She swayed through the crowd, lost in the music as she always was. She loved wearing dresses like this. They always felt so good against her legs as she moved. She danced through the crowd, eyes closed. She was a shadow as she moved around the other people. The beat was strong, and she loved it. It wasn't long, though, before the good songs ended and a slow one came on. It was just as well, she wanted to get a drink anyway.

Sapphire began to make her way out of the crowd when out of nowhere someone took hold of her hand and pulled her into a dance. She raised her brow as she was spun to face an older Slytherin boy. "Spare me a dance?" He asked her with kind eyes. Sapph laughed. "Tempting, but I'm afraid I only dance with Gryffindors." She slid back a step, bringing a hand up to brush her hair out of her eyes. She didn't notice there was someone else coming up to her.

Mervyn knew he was supposed to dance with Sapphire. She was his girlfriend, after all. What would people think of him if they knew he was sitting in the sidelines while his girlfriend danced alone? But no matter how he tried to guilt-trip himself into getting up, he couldn't face the humiliation. He couldn't dance. He knew he couldn't dance, and absolutely nothing was going to induce him to prove it in front of hundreds of people.

Nothing, except somebody else asking Sapphire to dance. Mervyn had never stood up so quickly, parted a crowd so easily. "That's me," he told the Slytherin boy, catching only the end of Sapphire's remark. "So clear off." Suddenly realising he was in the centre of the dance floor, Mervyn blushed. "'Ello," he said, looking everywhere but into Sapphire's eyes. "I ain't dancin', or nuffink, just so you know. Just wanted to say that... you look really nice."

Sapphire's heart nearly stopped when Mervyn appeared out of nowhere, looking gorgeous. "Ooh, fabulous." She grinned, linking her arm through his. A light blush colored her cheeks when he told her she looked nice. "Thanks. You're particularly dashing yourself. I suppose you're lucky," she gave him a cheeky grin. "Since I'm not actually looking for a dance. I was thinking more along the lines of something to drink." She nudged his side a bit. "It is a pretty long ways to walk all by myself."

Besides, the idea of dancing with Mervyn was a strange one. On one hand, she wanted to. On the other, the thought of being as close as a slow dance required, especially with him looking the way he did, made her just a tad flustered. She looked around the room, trying to find the familiar redhead. "Where's Leda?" She asked with sapphire eyes sparkling. She'd bet that Leda looked gorgeous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back