Dance Like No One Is Watching

Emmeline Windchester

Emme was sick of not doing anything. This Ravenclaw had promised herself that she would buckle down with grades and help Josh get ready for this school year, his first year. Yet in doing both these things, Emme had stopped socializing all together. She couldn't even remember the last time in which she talked to Blake. She did miss her Gryffindor.

After sitting in the dorm for just a few seconds more, Emme stood up throwing on one of her outfits. Though this was a different sort of outfit that this Ravenclaw usually would wear in the past. Maybe she was just growing up, changing a bit. After all she was a teenager turning fourteen this very year.

With her heels on, Emme walked towards the outside, opening the castle doors, having her hair blown back by the wind. Shaking her head slightly, Emme purposely messed up her hair just a bit more having it look as if she had styled it that way. Her feet continued to walk towards the gardens her favorite place.

The wind blew softly again as Emme's eyes looked about the gardens seeing no one around. Smiling to herself she began to skip around the gardens, dancing about enjoying her time spent outside.

Blake was lying on a couch in the Gryffindor common room, napping. He had originally been sitting on one of the ends of it, but eventually fell asleep after he sat there without doing anything. He didn't even need a nap, he had gotten plenty of sleep last night, but he was still taking one. He had not been able to resist the pull of sleep. Now, after an hour or so, his eyelids slowly opened and he realized what had happened. He sighed, stood up, and went to his dorm. He changed clothes and then left the common room, now wearing a dark grey shirt and jeans.

Blake walked along through the many corridors until he finally reached the ground floor. He then exited out through the front doors of the castle, strolling through the lawns. As he continued, he passed the gardens, and decided to enter. He could take a walk through them while he was at it.

As the Gryffindor walked through the gardens, Emme came to his mind. After all, he was in her favorite place. He silently wished he could see her, it had been a while. Then, as if an answer to his wish, he spotted Emme up ahead. He walked up behind, smiling at the fact that she was skipping. He waited until a part of her skip where she was on the ground, and embraced her in a hug from behind.

Emme was in her own little world not even hearing the people talking as they passed, not even noticing the few stares that were directed in her way, yet what she did notice which was impossible to not tune into was the arms that were soon wrapped around her body. Surprised more than anything, Emme turned around to see Blake right there. Her eyes flashing both happiness and a bit of guilt. How could have avoided him this long. Of course it was not intentional but still she felt bad about it. Yet at the same time she couldn't have been happier to see him.

Embracing him in a hug, a wide smile found it's way to her face. "It's been way too long" Emme said simply not knowing if she really had an explaination for being away in her own little study world of classes and caretaking her brother while she could have made time for Blake. Though she wasn't sure if Blake had a reason for not searching out for Emme whenever possible. Maybe if the two were lucky they wouldn't go too deep into the topic of why but instead live to realize that it was now, now they were together again just like the old times.

As was usually the case when he found himself hugging Emme, Blake didn't want to let go. He didn't want it to end. There was just something about embracing her in a hug. It was wonderful. It was also a great way to know that she was there, and him not wanting to let go was kind of like him not wanting her to actually go and the two not see each other for another long time. Speaking of which, they would most definitely have to fix that. It would have to be a first priority. It already was to the Gryffindor.

Blake finally released Emme from his hug and smiled at her. He then nodded in agreement before replying. "Yeah, way too long. We need to get better at spending time together, eh?" He laughed slightly, but still was serious. He waited a few minutes before speaking again. "And you know, you were right about this place being magical. Remember when you told me that a long time ago. It was right after I moved her. We got back together here, something I could not be happier about, and now I find you here after a while of not seeing each other."

A huge smile was placed upon Emme's face without even thinking about it. Truthfully she was just that happy to see Blake again, glad that he hadn't forgotten about her and moved on. Now that would probably be one of the worst things that could happen to this now third year Ravenclaw. "We do have to work on that" Emme said sincerely. "Maybe I'll get one of those muggle organizers and have to pen you in" She said smiling brightly as she reached down and grabbed Blake's hand interlacing her fingers with his.

Her gaze fell to the garden and the memory that he reminded her played out in her head. Back when she moved to this school after the divorce, not having Blake here with her. It was difficult to make it through. But then. Then he just showed up. It had to be fate nothing more nothing less. "I guess the garden is our place" Emme said her eyes falling back at him looking him over. He didn't seem to change too much from the time Emme had last seen him. Really Emme hadn't changed that much either other than her new fashion sense she was still the same Emmeline Windchester.

"So what have you been up to?" Emme asked wondering if Blake would give him over common answer nothing. She had to admit that was what she wanted to answer if the question was directed at her.

"And I'll be your first priority, right? More important than anything." Blake finished his tease as a smile appeared on his face yet again. He couldn't help himself.

Emme took hold of his hand and interlaced the pair's fingers. Something he had missed as well. As he felt the familiar warmth, he couldn't stop himself from smiling yet again. It seemed to be something that was normal for him when he was around Emme, though. She always had him smiling continuously, or very close to it. Though it wasn't something he disliked. He quite liked the fact that she had the ability to make him happy.

"I guess so," agreed the Gryffindor, as he glanced about the gardens and began to recall certain thoughts. He found himself not able to keep his gaze away from Emme for too long, so he returned his gaze to her and looked her in the eyes, still smiling. "Just the usual. Classes, recently getting back from break, hanging around with friends."

Blake continued to look his Ravenclaw in the eyes, as a silence overtook the two for a few moments. He finally broke from the trance long enough to speak, motioning to the surrounding area with his free hand. "Wanna talk a walk through our place?"

The smile remained on this Ravenclaw's face as she nodded her head to Blake's question. "Oh of course. Top of the list." Emme added giving his hand a small loving squeeze. How badly she had missed this. Now she was determined to make this all work. She would have to push school work aside just enough. Just so she could keep up her grades but still see her Gryffindor boy. As well as she would have to set Josh's organizing timetable aside telling him that things were not always up to her to figure out.

"Well at least you've been busy" Emme said smiling as she nodded her head once more. "And a walk through our place would be nice. I haven't been here in awhile." Emme continued thinking that she almost missed this place as much as Blake. Not quite as much of course but she did miss it terribly. Why hadn't she made her way here more often? This question was one that this young girl was not sure she could answer.

Taking a few steps, Emme ran her free hand through her hair. Her eyes glanced momentarily to the gardens. Though they always found there way back to Blake. Almost magnetic as it would seem. "So how was your break?" Emme asked keeping up a conversation more so just to hear Blake's voice. The voice she had missed terribly.

Blake would have smiled again as Emme stated that he would indeed be at the top of her list, though it was hard to smile when one was already smiling. So instead he continued to smile. Then again, he probably would have kept smiling anyway.

The Gryffindor was glad that Emme liked and accepted his idea of a walk, though he honestly didn't think she would refuse. He knew how much she loved the gardens, they were her favorite place in all of the castle and its grounds. He was suprised at her statement about not being there in a while. It was probably because of the same reason that the two hadn't seen each other for a while, though. The gardens were quickly beginning to become the male's favorite as well, considering the events that had happened there concerning the pair that now were walking through it.

As a new question was posed, Blake looked over at Emme and answered. "It was fine. I had a good time with my family and friends. Even got to see some family that I hadn't seen in a long time. What about yours?"

The third year Ravenclaw listened as Blake talked about his holiday break. Family and Friends sounded like a good time for Emme. How she almost wished she had tracked him down before so that they could have spent the holidays together. Maybe some other next She thought wanting to laugh at the thought. of course some other time She corrected herself mentally as she gave their united hands a small swing back and forth, her eyes looking over at Blake from their corners.

"My break" Emme said aloud as she tried to think about what she really did. "It was good. Josh and I hung out. Mom basically made a feast every night." Emme added with a small laugh at the last part. If there was one thing her mother did was cook and bake to perfection. Emme was just lucky her metabolism kept up with her eatting habits or she would surely not be the string bean she was at the moment. "Becca and Maddie sent us a letter. It was nice" Emme added the last time not really wanting to think about it. How she missed them both, even Maddie. Forget it. Think about Blake She thought. "We'll have to hunt each other down for the next yule break" Emme added her mood cheering up with the comment as she placed everything else besides that fact that she was in the garden with Blake hand in hand out of her mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back