Coconut, 14 ¼", Star Dust.
Full Name
Daisy Willow Harrison

Date of Birth
April 10 2011

Current Age
She is 14 years old.

Basic Appearance
Daisy looks the spitting image of her mother. She has long, messy golden hair. It's quite wavy and unkempt, but sometimes she'll straighten or style it. Her eyes are blueish-grey, and she has a mischievous smile. Daisy is quite tall and has a good figure from all the sport she plays. Her style is very beachy, and she's been known to wear short shorts and sundresses all year round. It's not uncommon to see her wearing a swimsuit under her clothes, even if it's not swimming weather, as she believes it pays to be prepared. Daisy has a small scar on her left arm from when she broke it falling out of a tree, and another on her right knee from when a graze didn't get to heal right (meaning she picked the scab). She often puts flowers or glitter in her hair for fun, and likes experimenting with clothes and makeup. These things never interested her as a young child, but now Daisy just has fun with it.
Example 1, 2, 3.

Personality
Daisy is a dreamer. She has a huge imagination, and can think up the most impossible of things. She's a visionary and an idealist that thinks outside of the box, and can see things that other people don't. Not literally, but she has a good eye. Daisy can see the beautiful in the ugly, and knows how to capture that visually. You see, she's an aspiring photographer, and is rarely seen without a camera strung around her neck. She takes photos of everything and everyone, and also loves to paint. She doesn't think of herself as an artist, but would love to one day say that she is. Because her mind is often elsewhere, and she's definitely not the smartest girl around, Daisy can be very irresponsible. Family is something that is extremely important to her, so she is very loyal and protective of them. They bring out her motherly, responsible side. It's really only when it comes to looking after herself that she seems to lack common sense, almost self-destructively. Daisy is quite mischievous, and will often break the rules just for a laugh. However, she means well, and would never want to get those around her into trouble or harm's way. Occasionally she has, but has always been either very apologetic or oblivious to this. She's always up for a fun time, and doesn't take life too seriously. Daisy smiles and laughs a lot, with a laugh that is very infectious.
She can be quite headstrong and blunt, but not usually to the point of rudeness. For example, if she thinks someone is stuck up, she'll tell them. Usually in a joking tone, so as not to offend them too badly. When it comes to things she's passionate about, Daisy will have a strong, stubborn opinion. This isn't because of a big ego, but more so because she just has so many ideas, and wants to put them all into action. When dedicated she's a perfectionist, but if she doesn't care for the cause, it will be difficult to motivate her. Daisy has a subtle wit, so subtle that most people don't get her jokes, instead calling her a bimbo or odd. At the end of the day she just wants those around her to be happy, so she sometimes puts up with dumb blonde comments instead of bothering to stand up for herself. Her camera acts as somewhat of a shield, and Daisy feels safer with it between her and those that try to hurt or bring her down. She's never really had a best friend, and subconsciously puts up a wall or barrier between people. Because not many people really get to know her too well, she remains somewhat of a mystery. Daisy is quite sensitive, so she distracts herself from sad thoughts by doing stupid things. That explains the irresponsibilty to some degree. For the most part, Daisy is happy and confident in her own skin, so only when she really thinks about and dissects things does she let them sadden her.
While she does believe in caring for family and friends, she is convinced that there is no such thing as romantic love. Daisy doesn't recall ever having had a crush on anyone, and has never had a boyfriend. She can be quite flirtly, which isn't intentional, and just a part of her personality. So while she does like having fun, and boys have asked her out plenty of times, Daisy has always either rejected them or accepted casually. Daisy used to be fairly religious, and would always say her prayers and thank the Lord for the good things in her life. However, after the death of her mother, she lost her faith quite a bit, wondering why God would take such a kind, loving woman. She still says grace at the dinnertable and goes to church with her family, but does so halfheartedly.

Family
Daisy lives with her father and two brothers. Her father, Dave, is a fun, laidback guy, who tends to give his children free reign. He's still very protective of them, especially Daisy, since she's the girl. He's a bit eccentric, but well-liked by everyone he knows. Dave used to be a professional surfer, and was quite good, but never really won any big competitions. After Daisy was born, he retired from surfing because of the constant travelling. He wanted to be at home with his wife and child as much as possible. Because he still loved the sport, Dave decided to open a small surf shop so that he could make money and not have to get a desk job. In the store they sell New Zealand-made surfboards (not bad quality ones from a production line), as well as wetsuits and and other gear. He loves running the shop, because they make more than enough money in the summer, that he can take time off in the winter to go surfing.
Daisy's brothers are very close to her heart. The oldest one, Dylan, is two years younger than Daisy. He's very quiet, but isn't shy at all, and just doesn't have much to say. He loves sport, but isn't as good at academic things, and struggles in school. Dylan has a lot of friends and people that believe in him, however he doesn't believe in himself as much as he should. Dylan's a nice guy, and Daisy can always trust him to be honest and dependable. The two of them are good friends, and always have a laugh together. Daisy's other brother, Ethan, is six years younger than her. He's the smartest one in the family, and has a bright future ahead of him. He's the typical younger brother, in that he's always annoying his sister and playing pranks on her. Ethan's a funny, yet naive person, so she doesn't get too irritated. Because of the bigger age gap, they aren't as close friends-wise, however, they still have each others backs. Daisy is protective of Ethan, almost motherly in fact.
Her mother, Maria, was an artist, and painted beautiful pictures. She had long blonde hair and alluring blue eyes. She was quite confident, and had a few wrinkles around her mouth and eyes from laughing so much. Maria was generally happy and well-liked, and she loved her family. When Daisy was about 9, her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. She lost her shiny golden hair, but never the glint in her eye. Enduring a long bout of chemotherapy and treatment, she passed away less than a year after being diagnosed. Daisy misses her mother very much, as she was sometimes the glue that held their family together. In the time after her death, Daisy had to become somewhat of a carer for her brothers, and even father, as they found it hard to look after themselves. Daisy gets her fighting spirit from her mother, and thinks about her everyday.

Pets
Daisy loves animals. The family have always had pets, and right now they have a male dog named Rex, who's very energetic and rather stupid, and a female cat named Tiger, who's incredibly lazy. They also have a male horse named Bob Marley. He's very gentle and wise in nature, yet strong and fast. Bob is Daisy's horse, and she's very attached to him. She used to spend so much time grooming and riding him, that the fact that she wouldn't be able to look after him while at Hogwarts made her almost decline the offer to attend.
Example 1, 2, 3.

Area of Residence
She was born and raised on Great Barrier Island, New Zealand, a small island 100km east of Auckland. The Barrier has a small population (about 900 people), and has beautiful beaches and hills. Many of the residents are old surfer-types and people that have chosen to live alternative lifestyles away from the cities. Lots of people just have holiday houses there, but 900, Daisy being proudly one of them, call it home.
Example 1.

Blood Status
Daisy is Muggleborn, with no history of any other wizard or witch from her family in the past at all.

Heritage
Both of Daisy's parents were born and raised in New Zealand. That means the majority of her heritage dates back to the English settlers that travelled to NZ. She also has a small amount of French and Italian in her blood, but these ancestors are not as large a percentage as the English. While Daisy is interested in learning about her history, she most definitely considers herself a typical Kiwi girl.

Special Abilities
Nothing out of the ordinary. She wishes she could be an animagus, but hasn't done well enough in transfiguration to make that a reality.

Interests or Hobbies
Daisy's number one interest and hobby is photography. She always carries a camera with her, whether it be an expensive professional one that she begged for for Christmas, or a cheap disposable one. She hopes to turn this hobby into a career one day. Daisy also loves art, an interest that stemmed from watching her mother paint and draw all of the time. She is very energetic and active, and loves playing sports and climbing trees and such. She is a fairly good horse rider, and absolutely loves going for a canter around the island with a picnic lunch and some friends.

Additional Skills
Daisy has a marvellous eye for all things beautiful. While some may see a normal street, she will be able to look at it from a different view and capture on film a place that looks remarkably more exciting and interesting. Seeing things differently to most is probably Daisy's biggest talent, despite not really noticing it in herself.

Strengths
Thinking outside of the box, coming up with unique ideas, having a fun time, being imaginative, keeping active, being youthful, expressing herself visually.

Weaknesses
Becoming close to those around her, taking responsibilty, leading guys on even if she doesn't care about them, looking after herself, expressing herself verbally.

Describe your character in three words
Visionary, irresponsible, lively.

Favourite place to be
Daisy's favourite place to be is on Great Barrier Island. Even though she does love Hogwarts very much, especially the beautiful grounds, Daisy always goes home for the holidays. She believes that there's nothing quite like the quaintness of the island, as it seems like an untouched paradise, even though there are shops and other people living there. The island is very photogenic, even in drizzly winter's, which Daisy finds inspiring. Her Muggle friends are all there, which gives her a sense of normalcy. And most importantly, the island is home to her father and brothers.

Friends
Back at home, Daisy is quite popular. She isn't the 'head cheerleader'-type or anything, but people do respect her and like her. All of the kids on the island have grown up together and think of each other as family. However, since Daisy usually hangs out with them as a group, she isn't best friends with any in particular. She does appreciate all of her friends, but because she's a mystery, none are really that close to her. As there isn't a high school on Great Barrier Island, and most kids either move to the mainland, become homeschooled, or go to a boarding school, Daisy's friends aren't suspicious of her absence at all. They always welcome her home with open arms during the holidays, which she really appreciates. It's great being able to just hang out with normal kids that she's known her whole life every once in a while. In saying that, her friends at Hogwarts are also very special, and because they all share the amazing gift of being magical, she feels bonded with them too.

Hogwarts House
Daisy is a Slytherin. She was placed in this house because of her ambition and dedication. She isn't recessarily cunning, would hate to see herself become a stereotypical Slytherin, and is a Muggleborn, so you wouldn't think that she'd be sorted into Slytherin at all. She isn't as cut throat or elitist as many other Slytherins. However in reality, Daisy is definitely a Slytherin. She's proud of her house, and doesn't shy away from being rude if she really has to be. She has goals, and every intention of making them come to fruition. Daisy often jokes about her placing, calling her's the 'badass' house.

Hogwarts Hopes and Ambitions
One of her goals for her time at Hogwarts is to win something, or an award of some sort. Whether that be becoming Head Girl, or just best Halloween costume, Daisy doesn't know. She would just like to have something to call her own, that she'll be able to be proud of. She has won quite a few things in her time, including some sporting awards (horseriding, netball, etc) and a few photography and art competitions, but none of these were magic-related. Since she's a Muggleborn, Daisy thinks it would be awesome to be the best at something that was once foreign to her.

Best school subjects
Daisy isn't the most academically successful of students. She's not failing any classes, but she does find it challenging sometimes. Daisy often uses the excuse 'I'm a Muggleborn!', but over time she's getting the hang of things and not letting magic faze her. Her best class at the moment is Divination, because she has a great idea of the bigger picture and how to use your imagination to expand your horizons. Care of Magical Creatures is another successful subject, as Daisy has experience looking after animals. She really enjoys Charms too, and has mastered some very useful spells.

Worst school subjects
Not many Hogwarts subjects fit into this category, because while she isn't that booksmart, Daisy does try her hardest and has already improved by leaps and bounds. She's naturally gifted at performing magic, it seems. Her worst subject is probably History of Magic, because she knew absolutely nothing of magic when she arrived at Hogwarts, and is still having to catch up in certain areas. She does like to write, though, so that part of it isn't too much of a hassle. Daisy isn't too good at transfiguration, because she often forgets the different terminology for different things.

Extracurricular Activities
She's currently not in any clubs, but does plan on becoming a member of the Conglomerated Arts Club. Daisy would like to join the Quidditch team as a way to stay active as well as challenge herself. She thinks that seeker is the position for her, but hasn't begun training for tryouts yets.

Graduation
Daisy will be graduating from Hogwarts New Zealand in 2029.

Current Job
She doesn't have a job at the moment, but often helps out at her father's surf shop for no pay. Because Daisy is always needing to buy film, lenses and other things for her cameras, as well as materials for her art, she is interested in getting a part-time job. Her family isn't made of money, so Daisy would like to be able to pay for her own things as a way of helping out.

Plans for your future
After school, Daisy would love to do a little bit of travelling. She hasn't been anywhere outsite of New Zealand and Australia, so a trip around the world would be incredibly interesting and exciting to her. Surely it would be good for her photography too, which would be an added bonus. After that, Daisy would like to begin selling her pictures to big magazines or other publications. She'd like to do it freelance, so that she would be able to photograph whatever she like, and not just what a boss told her to. She'd also think it would be great to film a documentary of some sort, but on what Daisy hasn't decided. No subject in particular has caught her attention.

Your Patronus
Daisy's Patronus would be a horse, for the same reasons as the Animagus question further down.

Your Patronus memory
Her Patronus memory would most likely be the time that her mother introduced her to art. Dylan was at kindergarten, her father was out fishing, and Ethan hadn't been born yet, meaning it was just Daisy and her mother. The two of them spent the whole day talking about things that made them happy, as well as doing some painting and drawing. As Daisy was only five at the time her art wasn't very good, but her mother still framed the paintings and put them on the walls. They later baked cupcakes, which made the day even better. Daisy learnt a lot about her mother that day, and even though it was rather simple, nothing amazing happened, the day still sticks in her mind when she thinks about Maria.

Your Boggart
Daisy's biggest fear is losing any more of her family or friends. For that reason alone, her boggart would be either seeing the people she cares about being hurt, or seeing them reject her and decide not to love her. It would most likely be a combination of both - having her family and friends hate, reject and abandon her, and then them being hurt or disappearing afterwards.

Your Animagus
Her animagus would be a wild palomino horse. This is because horses are usually strong and dependable, but wild ones are commonly unpredictable and mysterious. Horses are hardworking and loyal, but can get spooked or jittery when mistreated or pushed too far. Also, physically, a palomino's caramel coat and pale mane resemble Daisy's blonde hair and healthy tan.
Example 1, 2.

Mirror of Erised
If Daisy looked into the Mirror of Erised, she would likely see herself as a world-renowned freelance photographer or filmmaker. Her mother would be alive, and all of her friends and family would be safe and happy.

A page from your diary
Dear diary,
Today was beautiful. I woke up earlier than usual, and went for a fly around the grounds. I took my camera, and got some sweet photos of the sunrise. I'm getting heaps better at flying and taking photos at the same time, maybe I should consider being a Quidditch photographer or something? I saw one of them at a game last summer, and man it looked intense. They were flying all around the outside of the pitch, but with one hand on the broom and the other holding a massive camera that was surely blocking their vision. It seemed pretty hardcore. Anyway, the view was great. Hogwarts is so pretty in the mornings, I really should wake up early more often. But I won't. I like sleeping in far too much.
So then I hovered for a while by the towers, watching the sun come up. It was lovely to look at, but kind of made me sad. I mean, there was no one with me. Sure, I have friends.. I don't sit alone at dinner, and I have people to talk to. But at the same time, while I was sitting on my broom all those hundreds of feet up in the air, I realised: I am completely alone. It's this damn wall I have up, I don't even realise it at times, but I always push people away before they can knock it down. It may keep out the hurt, but it sure does suck in the loneliness, which is just as bad.
Whatever, I have the future. I have my art and my health and my family. That's really all I need to be happy. I swear. Maybe.
Love,
Daisy H.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back