Daisy Chains

Aroha Jennings

Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
Aroha gracefully walked down the steps of the castle onto the great lawn. It was a beautiful summer's day, and Aroha hadn't been outside since the accident. She sat on the ground under a tree, and mentally cursed herself for having forgotten a book. She leaned over her knees and spotted some daisies under another tree nearby. She stood up, trying not to let her skirt ride up anymore than it already had, and moved over to the other tree. She gently plucked a large, white daisy from the ground and twirled it around in her fingers, concentrating on not thinking about the last time she had gone outside. She had turned over a new leaf, and was determined not to contaminate it with the old one.

Immy was glad that exams were over, and she was sure she'd done pretty well, but it was good to know that for another few weeks she wouldn't have to worry about classes or homework. She smiled to herself as she exited the school and walked onto the Great Lawn. It was a beautiful day. Truly amazing. Immy twirled in a circle as she walked. It was good to be outside. She spotted a girl sitting under a tree. Imogen skipped, hopped and twirled to near to the girl, her blond hair bouncing. She spotted some Daisy chains, and picked a few from the ground. She procced to very quickly make this into a daisy chain while walking the rest of the way to where this girl was sitting.

"Hiya." Immy said brightly. "Here have a daisy chain, and if anyone asks where you got it, you say the Daisy Princess gave you it." Imogen added offering the chain to the girl.

Aroha jumped and let out a small 'oh' of surprise at the sound of a familiar fellow Gryffindor behind her. Why do you always let people surprise you? she asked herself angrily. She let the anger drain away and gave a small smile to the older girl. "Thankyou," Aroha grinned, taking the Daisy Chain and placing it gently on the ground with her other daisy. "Um, here, take a seat!" she said in a bubbly fashion, patting the spot next to her. Aroha then realized where she had seen the girl before. "You're a Gryffindor, right? Whats your name?"

Imogen couldn't help but give a little giggle as she had taken the girl surprise. She sat down beside her, and kept smiling. Before nodding happily. If Imogen was proud of anything at hogwarts it was that she was a Gryffindor. Gryffindorian and Proud. There really was no better house. In Immy opinion. Of course she had friends in almost all of the other houses. All expect Slytherin, Immy didn't get along with Slytherins. Not just because it was natural for it, but because no Slytherin really wanted to speak to a Gryffindor and vice versa.

"Yeah, Gryffindorian and proud. You are too right?" Immy held her hand out to the girl. "Imogen Day, but everyone calls me Immy. It's just better. What's your name?"

"Yep, I'm a Gryffindor," Aroha smiled. "I'm Aroha Jennings." Aroha wondered briefly if Immy had heard about what had happened on the cliff, hoping that the answer was no.

Immy smiled warmly at the girl in front of her. Aroha. She'd heard something about someone called that, but brushed over it. Immy wasn't one to judge. And this girl seemed nice enough. So Imogen was very ready to give her a chance. She smiled at the girl. Very happy at that moment in time. Maybe it was the hot weather that made Immy so unusual happy. She didn't know.

"It's a nice to meet you Aroha." Imogen said. "How are you finding first year?"

"Blah. Its a little... more hectic than life used to be," Aroha said quietly, her smile fading. "But I'm getting used to it." she finished hopefully. It wasn't just the workload that she was having trouble adjusting to, and Aroha didn't like to talk about it.

Imogen nodded. She had found it very different, and a little hard to adjust to, but she had adjusted a little quicker than most as she had just come to New Zealand and the whole thing was new to her. Now it was more familiar then Wales.

"It'll get better. I asure you that it will." Immy said with a smile. "Do you have a favourite class?"

((oops sorry about how long it took to reply...))

Aroha shrugged at Immy's question. "I haven't been to very many yet, actually." she said awkwardly.

[Tis Cool]

Imogen gave a shrug. School, or lesson wasn't everyone's thing, but when it came to exams, it helped to have to a few of the lesson. Imogen's smile didn't falter, or show any emotions apart from the general happiness she felt.

"No matter, no matter. I don't claim to be an expert, but if ever you need any help, you can just come ask me. I'd be very happy to help" Immy said smiling warmly.

"Thanks. I'll probably end up needing it! I'm really behind..." Aroha sighed with another smile. Aroha watched Immy smiling, and decided she must be very happy.

[So Sorry its taken me so long to reply]

Immy could tell that this girl unlike most, at 11, had a few problems in her life, which she was chosing to deal with. Immy continued to smile. Not being able to help herself, but Immy was a generally a very happy and smiley person, and that was one thing about herself, no situation or person could change.

"You'll see me around the place. I spend a lot of time reading, so I'm in the common room a lot. Just come find me." Immy said, obviously referencing her offer of help.

'Thankyou so much!' Aroha repeated. She heard a bell up at the castle and gasped. 'Shoot, I'm late! I'd better go. See you round! Aroha said happily, before sprinting off to her next class. She hoped she'd see Immy again, she seemed like a nice person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back