Cuz Somebody Stole My Car Radio And Now I Just Sit In Silence

Cyan Zephyr

OOC First Name
Cole
Sexual Orientation
Aion♡♡
Cyan pressed at the tender area around her eye, wishing she'd kept the tube of cream. It was from that stalking Danielle though, and thus Cyan didn't trust it. The Hufflepuff was now seated in the passenger side of her best friends car, silent for the moment, still nursing wounded pride over her stupidly brash actions. Cyan could smell fire whiskey still on Aion's breath, and wondered what could have made him want to drink - considering he'd never talked about wanting to do so before. Cyan twisted at her ring, adjusting it on her finger over and over, breathing as quietly as she could make herself. There were many confusing thoughts in Cy's head, but the most perplexing of all was why Dani was also with Aion when Aion had expressed not liking her. It wasn't as if Cyan didn't want him to have his own friends, she just felt almost betrayed, thinking he might have been hanging out with her behind her back - what if they were dating?

Cyan was in no way interested in being Aion's girlfriend, but she hated Danielle and knew Aion deserved better than the whiny mud-b... She shook her thoughts out and glanced in the vanity mirror of the car at her already bruising eye. "Aion." She whispered his name gently before turning completely in the seat to face him. Cyan's mocha orbs concentrated on the sharp slope of his jaw, not wanting to look him in the eyes. "What's wrong. Please you're my best friend. You can tell me anything." She spoke, remaining hushed. It was heartbreaking that Cyan felt he couldn't trust her to talk to her. She loved him and would always accept him. Regardless of what was the matter

After walking back to the car in the dark through what felt like an eternity, Aion had taken up position in the drivers seat. He was still in no state to drive, but he didn't feel like trying to clamber in the back seat just yet. He sat lent forward slightly, his hands in his lap and peering down as he wasn't sure how he was meant to face the woman sat beside him. He'd been surprised to hear that she was even considering joining him after what had happened a short while before, and he couldn't look up to meet her gaze when he knew that it was because of him that she'd even got into a fight with that other woman. The woman had told him she could be found in Ireland but Aion didn't even know her name. Aion began to fiddle with his own ring, the one piece of jewellery he wore these days, wondering what was supposed to happen next.

Luckily for him, Cyan spoke first. Aion had done his best to deny the majority of his feelings, and he had no plans to reveal them to her now, despite what the woman had recommended. If he told Cyan the whole truth there was no way that she'd continue their friendship, at least until he'd moved on. It would be inappropriate and it was better for everyone if he just stayed quiet. "Nothing is wrong." He was terrible at lying though and he knew it. Cyan had been around him long enough to tell and if that wasn't enough the bright blue shade on her ring was giving more away than Aion could ever hope to conceal. He didn't really know what he wanted, nor which option and route would result in a better outcome, and he longed for them to be able to go back to how they'd been before, happy and content as friends. Aion felt as though he'd been here before. He had been. Pushing away the person he loved the most because he believed it would be better for them. No, he had to at least try this time, he'd learnt so much over the last year after all. Knowing it would sound petty, he opened his mouth to quietly mention the only thing that he could consider to be true, but not so close to the full truth that their friendship would be in jeopardy. "How can I be your best friend. We barely get to talk anymore and when we do it's never how it was while I was at school. You have Alessio now, I'm sure he's more than capable to fill that void."

Cyan shook her head at first angrily when Aion said that nothign was wrong. Why did he feel he could lie to her and she would be so dense as to not question him. The wavy haired girl nearly left the car right then and there, frustrated and not wanting to yell. However Aion brought her back by finally speaking honestly, and for a long time after hearing Aion's words Cyan remained quiet.

How absolutely clueless and idiotic could her best friend be? Cyan bit at her lower lip, thinking about all the ways she wanted to beat sense into him, but it started with the most awkwardly placed hug in the world. Her upper body halfway in his seat, knees on the console in between avoiding the gear shift, and wrapped her arms around him and pulled herself nearly on top of him to hug him. "You are so stupid", she whispered, hot tears prickling her eyes, stinging the wounded one. "Aion you can't be replaced. No one could take the spot of my best friend." She felt the tears spill over. "You have no idea how much I miss you when you're gone, and how much I just wish we had had another year. I love Alessio, I really do -" A sob broke up her sentence. "But he's not you, he's not my best friend that's you. You're the person I run to, you're the person I see staying by my side and being there no matter what." Cyan didn't even consider the idea that everything she said sounded like a relationship, only that she and Aion were best friends and she cared about him. "So stop thinking I'm going to replace you I don't want you to go away."

Aion thought he'd said too much when there was a long period of silence after he spoke. Perhaps Cyan was trying to find the words to tell him his thoughts were true, and that his fears of being alone once again were soon to be a reality. What he didn't expect however was to find her clambering over to hold him. He wanted nothing more than for her to stay wrapped up with him, but knowing that was exactly what he couldn't have was only making things harder. He gently lay one hand around her waist, feeling as though this was already too much, but not able to push her away as she began to speak. He closed his eyes, his head lightly resting against her shoulder as she told him he couldn't be replaced. He knew that what they had was special, it had to be, there was no one else like Cyan. He couldn't help his own tears well up in his eyes though at her confession. Of course she loved Less. He was smart and he was funny, and Cyan had fallen in love with him at the most inopportune moment in Aion's eyes. Even now as they were embraced, Aion was doing his best not to focus too heavily on details that up until now he'd not recognised with quite as much strength as he did now. He wouldn't trade what they had for the world, and he was more determined than ever for her not to find out his true feelings towards her. "I don't know what I'd do without you. You're everything to me." He may still have been feeling the effects of the firewhisky, but it didn't mean what he was admitting was any less true. He'd been needing to hear those words though more than he thought he had, and sighing he pulled back from their hug, feeling an additional one sided tension in the atmosphere. He quickly wiped away at his cheek with his palm, still unable to meet her eyes. His defences were lowered but he had to keep himself slightly at a distance if he didn't want to do something he'd regret. He felt the guilt from not being able to tell her everything, the shock, the loneliness, the overwhelming gratitude he had for the woman beside him. First and forth most though he needed to be her friend, and it was his mission to do whatever it took to rid himself of the additions. "Do you still have the cream from Dani?" he asked, not sure what would happen if he got talking about his emotions.

Everything about holding Aion felt so natural. From the way his hand rested in her lower back, to the quiet sighs of breath tickling the small hairs by her ears. She felt at home in this moment, entwined in her best friend. The hufflepuff never wondered for a moment if this was odd, never thought of how Alessio would react if he found then tangled up After all everything in this moment was just because they were best friends. Now and forever. The teen leaned back in unison with him, reaching her own hand up to his face to wipe at the saline liquid leaking from his eyes. "Aion don't cry, please." She asked, feeling a sudden pain in her chest just at the site of her friend crying. This was all her fault. The girl paused, watching his mouth as he changed the subject. Her cheeks flushed a little and quickly she lied. "I dropped it." She lied with a look in her eyes that begged Aion not to question her. "You're good at changing the subject." She spoke, adjusting so the back of her hip would smack against the horn. "Aion you promise you would tell me if anything else was wrong, right?" She asked, looking into his eyes, searching for an answer the way a sailor searched the horizen for land.

He knew perfectly well what a look from her like that meant, but he wasnt going to question it. If he could help her then he would, but ultimately Cyan too could see through him. Aion looked up at the touch of her hand on his cheek, his green eyes finally meeting to find hers, the man swallowed and tried to control himself but the tears in his eyes only grew with her final comment. He thought too highly of her to lie, if the situations were reversed he would have preferred to know the truth. "What if I can't?" He asked quietly, knowing full well that he was opening a can of worms right there but he wasn't going to speak dishonestly to her. Their relationship wasn't like that. "What if I can't promise you that there's not something else. Would you trust me when I say I can deal with it?" He added, taking one of her hands in his own. He was getting nervous at the prospect of actually needing to tell her, but perhaps it was better than she knew and left him than they lead a lie until he could reverse it. He looked away once again, swiping at the tears on his face as they came in unstoppable waves.

Cyan couldn't stay focused on one eye. She looked back and fourth between left and right and eventually just leaned forward, her forehead against his. She breathed in quiet, short breaths. The girl wanted to believe that he could handle himself, she wanted to believe that everything would be okay. However she couldn't help the question nagging at the back of her mind. Finally finding her breath she spoke. "Aion I trust you but i want honesty. If it has to do with you and Dani I can take it. I know you want me to be friends with your future wife, so I can be a big girl about it if that's the case." The student spoke, assuming that he was involved with someone she hated, unaware that she was so very wrong. she braced herself, worrying that if she was correct she might not actually be able to handle this. What if he did marry a girl she hated? What if Dani made him stop talking to her. She was jumping to conclusions and she knew it.

A pained look appeared on Aions face when she leaned close, for a second he believed she might actually be intending to kiss him. His heart skipped a beat but as she rested her forehead against his, he calmed down, willing himself not to do anything stupid. She was so close to him now he could hear every sound and feel every breath against his skin. He had no idea that she would assume however thst he was involved with anyone, least of all the girl theyd had so much trouble with in their previous year. Aion frowned a little, "No it's not her. Why would you think I love Dani?" He asked, unable to resist bringing her up. Cyan knew as well as he what they'd been through and he hoped he hadn't done anything to give anyone that impression.

The pained look was unnoticed by the girl, whom was content to be close with Aion. When he made her feel as if her idea what ridiculous though she pulled away with a pout. "Hey! It's not that crazy. So first you act weird being around me and Alessio, then when I'm at the three broomsticks you're all weird and she's there. You want to deal with something without me and you know I'd hate it if you were kissing Dani." She shrugged. "If that's not what it is then..." She looked in his eyes, concerned emotions in her orbs. Her lids half shut, obviously tired and pained by the secretive nature. "Is there something about Alessio?' She asked, trying hard to guess and connect dots. Cyan was not satisfied not knowing, adn so he couldn't escape her gaze with open eyes she connected their foreheads again, staring into Aion as if she would see his soul.

Aion felt as though he was under interrogation when Cyan began to list the reasons. "I didn't even know Dani was there until she appeared beside you." Aion hadn't been aware either that the Hufflepuff had managed to pick up on his discomfort during their earlier meeting, even though he had done his best to conceal them. "Its nothing to do with with her, or Alessio" he clarified, hoping soon she'd give in to trying to guess the problem. In the midst of his tears however he managed a small chuckle, smiling as Cyan resumed her position as though that would be his breaking point. Feeling her though this close to him it may well have been. Aion felt as though he was a lemon being squeezed for his juice, "Cyan please, trust me." He was giving her honesty, he hadn't tried to cover up his feelings and there was no-one in the world he would rather talk to, but the anxiety he felt when he began to imagine her walking away was making his palms sweat.

Sniffling Cyan couldn't help but laugh a little. His chuckle made her feel a little warmer inside. She wanted to keep laughing but his next words made her sigh gently. Cyan mulled over his request and finally nodded against his forehead. "I do trust you Aion. I do..." She whispered, trying hard not to get emotional. The hufflepuff shimmied a little farther onto his lab, just to get comfortable. She wrapped her arms more tightly around Aion, sighing now into his shoulder as her head moved. "Promise though if it gets too much that you'll tell me. Please promise me that." She begged quietly. Cyan wanted to be the first person that he talked to about anything, including something that might be difficult to talk about or to hear.

Aion tightened his grip around the Hufflepuff as she began to hug him, glad that she hasn't pushed him too far as to reveal himself. "Promise" he vowed quietly, knowing that was one he could keep. One day he was sure he would get past this. He didn't want her to feel uncomfortable, and while he was nervous at the prospect of her discovering his secret, he was just making the most of her now. "I love you." Aion added softly. Cyan wouldn't take it in a way that was beyond their friendship, but in that moment that's how was he intending it. She was always there for him and Aion loved her more than any other person in the world. He lifted one arm, performing a non verbal spell, and waited a few moments before a small tube appeared in his hand. Travelling in the vehicle had its perks, one being that everything was easily accessible. "Here, take it. And don't drop it this time" he said, not being able to bear it if she returned to the school with nothing.

Cyan squeezed Aion like a python, not wanting to let go for any reason. The curly headed woman enjoyed moments like these and she no longer got them with her best friend. "I love you too." She remarked back to him, and quiet and contented sigh escaping her lips. When Aion offered her the tube she took it. "I promise." She laughed gently, before snuggling back in. "I don't want to go back to the castle without you." She whispered, close to the shell of his ear chin rested on his shoulder. It was a pure moment, the air in the car light now. She knew she'd have to leave eventually but not yet.

It was painful. Physically painful. Hearing Cyan's words and feeling her so close to him was making his heart ache and he wasn't sure how much longer he had left in him before something snapped. This situation could only go in so many directions, and right now in Aions mind he couldn't see either of them being better than another. All he did know was that sat in the car in the dark, his arms wrapped around best friend and mind wrapped around his morals, was torture. The right thing to do would be to take Cyan back to the castle, before he did something he'd regret, but that's not what came out of the man's mouth after silence had passed between the pair for a few seconds. "Then don't." he said softly, his voice barely more than a whisper. He didn't want her to leave, even if it was the hard for him to concentrate on anything else. He was shocked that his feelings for her had made themselves apparent so quickly, given that it was only that morning he'd learnt of Cyan and Alessio's relationship, but it had been a long day and felt like an eternity that'd he'd been trapped between a rock and a hard place. Aion had barely had a moment to even process what he was going through, and despite the firewhisky he knew the best option wasn't to make a move at the first opportunity. Cyan was first of all his friend, someone who trusted him and he didn't want to put her in a tight spot. She was in a relationship that she obviously cared about, she loved the seventh year and Aion didn't want to come between that. Finally if anything were to happen between them as they sat alone, and Cyan's feeling towards Aion didn't match up, he risked losing the most important person to him. He turned his head a little, her hair tickling the side of his neck as he glanced down. He could see the light reflecting in her eyes, and she looked so peaceful and beautiful against him. "Stay with me." Aion had said it before he realised. Obviously she wouldn't be able to stay out all night away from the castle, but he didn't want her to go. Anxiety was taking over his body as he became increasingly aware of what was happening, he didn't want to do this, this way. If he wasn't going to be able to stop himself then he had to let her. "Cyan I'm in love with you." His heart was pounding in his chest as he spoke the words, glancing away from her in fear of her reaction. She may have trusted him but he didn't trust himself right now, and she had said after all that she should tell him if it got too much to handle.

The sounds of the nearby harbor and gentle breeze we're all that permeated the air around them. Cyan's breathing steadily winked up, her chest rising as Aion's fell, and she felt like this moment was something she would never forget. The sounds of their breathing soon settled in the still night air, the chill of the car combatted by the warmth of her best friend. His arms were fire through the thin shirt, but Cyan didn't mind. Then the peaceful silence was broken, by a quiet telling whisper. She chuckled softly, tiredness in her voice as she spoke. "I have to go back to the school." A yawn escaped her lips as she tried hard to battle being tired from the long day she'd had.

When once again Aion spoke Cyan had already drifted off in his arms, only second after her eyes had fluttered shut. His words fell on sleeping ears, her reaction to be left unknown unless she was awoken again. Though whether or not that should happen would be left up to date, as she curled into him closer, sleeping as sound as a babe.

He was sure he could actually hear his heartbeat, and it was only getting louder as Cyan's response was due. He daren't say any more for a few seconds, knowing that her silence had only meant he'd gone too far. He risked a glance but was shocked to see that she'd fallen asleep. He relaxed a little in his seat, realising that it would mean he had a second attempt at fixing his situation. Eventually she would have to leave, but it didn't mean that they couldn't spend at least a short while together, and after an alarm was set, the former Ravenclaw tucked her hair behind her ear, watching her sleep for a moment. He let out a short burst of amusement, the adrenaline in his body had woken up him a little, but he smiled silently before planting a kiss on her forehead, pulling her closer and resting his eyes. It didn't take him long to calm down, and he was thankful for the way things had turned out. Tomorrow would be a new day and once he was back on the road, he could begin his journey of reconciling his feelings, safe in the knowledge that she'd never know how close he'd come to losing her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back