Competitive | Snarky | Bookworm | 5th year

Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curly 11 Inch Unyielding Reed Wand with Veela Hair Core
Open after Mia posts with Hugo

Anisha usually spent her free time in the common room (where she could hang out with Raafe) or in the Library (where she could study, usually with Raafe) but today she had opted for a change of scenery. After catching up with her homework, Anisha decided she could reward herself with a good book. She had picked up a new one by Emily Blythe recently, a book called Faith. While Anisha had started expanding her horizon and reading from other authors, it was always nice to dive back into a Blythe book. Anisha found a comfortable armchair by the fire and tucked her feet up as she propped her book on her knees. She was quickly lost in the story.

Hugo was enjoying hogwarts so far. The library was so much larger than he had expected. When he had thought his goal would be to read every book he had quickly come to realise that he would need to be continuously reading for his entire seven years to even get through half of them. There were books on kinds of magic he had heard of and many he hadn’t. A whole section on fiction books by both magic and non magic authors the one he had today was the first one in a series that he had been meaning to read for a long time. However the first one had never been brought into his mums shop and he just hadn’t been committed enough to buy it from the new book shelves. He entered the lounge hoping that the north facing windows would be letting in some warm spring light. The room was fairly busy with people hanging out playing games doing homework hanging with friends. Hugo considered going somewhere else until he noticed an empty chair in a quietish corner near the fire. Where there was a girl on her own also reading. He walked over to the seat is it okay if i sit here he asked gesturing to the chair.

Anisha blinked and put her finger in her book to save her spot. She looked up at the boy who had spoken to her, realizing after a moment what he was asking. “Oh sure.” She said, nodding to the chair. “Just don’t be loud.”

hugo nodded when the girl said that he could sit there so long as he wasn't loud. he wasn't intending to be loud. he just wanted somewhere to read. he kicked off his shoes and put curled up on the chair, taking his book out of his bag. he curled up and opened on his bookmarked page ready to dive back into the story of a dragon and a brownie and a boy looking to find a new home.

((the book is dragonrider by cornelia funke))

While part of Anisha wanted to dive back into the book, she found it more difficult now that she had been pulled out of her focus. She glanced at the boy curiously, wondering if he was a first year. She knew it was rude to ask him something when he was reading, especially after she had told him not to be loud, but she couldn’t help herself. “Are you a firstie?” She whispered at him as if her speaking quietly wouldn’t disturb his reading.

Hugo had gotten a few sentences down his page when the girl spoke to him. he looked up to make see if she was talking to him or someone else. he hadn't heard anyone else come closer. but she had said that she hadn't wanted to be disturbed. and she was the one doing the disturbing. however, when he looked she was looking right at him. "Me? Yes, I'm a First year. what about you?" he said. surly asking the same question back would not be classed as disturbing her.

Anisha was ready to back off if the younger boy gave her any indication he was frustrated with the interruption, but he didn’t seem too bothered. Anisha nodded. “I’m a second year.” She whispered back. “I could probably give you a bunch of good advice.”

hugo looked at the girl. werent they supposed to be quiet, reading. she had told him not to be loud, and here they were having a conversation. he sighed lightly. what sort of good advice would you give me?" he asked not sure how good the advice would be or if he would follow any of it but curious as to what she would say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back