Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
Too Young to Care
Wand
18" Study-Straight Cedar Wand, Essence of Kelpie Hair
Wandering and wandering, the exploration of the castle was top on the to-do list of Giraltus. He enjoyed finding all the nooks and crannies the castle possessed. So much wonder, and so much awe, there seemed to be no dull moments within the walls of Hogwarts. He presently found himself wandering the second floor corridor, as he heard there were many paintings to look at and so much to see. Being that of a painter, he was enthralled to see the possible inspiration this floor had to offer.
After entering the corridor, he noticed a door slightly open. It appeared to be a classroom, however there were no scheduled classes today. He was curious to see what it looked like on the inside. As he approached the door, he noticed there was nobody in there and decided he'd pop in to take a peak. It appeared to be abandoned, but had all the necessary things to operate as a classroom. There were a few papers scattered, and some chairs in disarray, but it still looked cool. There was a 'woosh' to the left of him and a chilled feeling swept through the room. A ghost possibly? There were so many of them at Hogwarts it wouldn't be unnatural. "Is anyone there?" He said firmly.
The room became still, as it was probably a ghost simply passing through. What was this place? Why did it look so abandoned?
Giraltus' curiosity spiked and started to wander around. Various pieces of parchment with various different words. 'What an interesting place.' He thought.

Valencia had decided that she was going to take a small tour or walk around the castle, to know where everything is, or to see if there were any surprises in store that Hogwarts had to offer. Valencia had made it down to the second floor from her common room. It had been a long way down, but she had finally made it. Turning the corner to the corridor, she noticed the amazing painting that was scattered across the corridor walls. She had been slightly amazed by the movement of the portraits, but she didn't understand the magic behind the moving portraits. There must have been some science involved somehow. Valencia then heard a creek of a door further down the corridor. She ignored that sound, thinking it was probably the wind coming through the castle. Until a few moments later, when she had heard a voice. She couldn't make up the voice, as it wasn't recognisable to her. But she had decided to take a quick look. Valencia slowly made her way towards the door, opening the door slightly wider to see what was inside. It had looked like a normal classroom to her. Only that it had looked abandoned. Things being laid everywhere and just... abandoned. Valencia looked around the classroom, to see if there was anyone there. She then noticed a shadow, but the sillotte of the shadow hadn't been familiar to anyone she has seen before. "Who are you? And what are you doing in this... weird classroom?" Valencia said curiously, as she looked around the classroom. There wasn't much light sweeping into the classroom, so it was hard to tell for her who this person was.

The darkness of the abandoned classroom added to the excitement of Giraltus’ experience. As he ventured further into the classroom, the darkness began to grow thicker. It smelled a certain smell and felt cold like the dungeons where Slytherin commons resided. He picked up a piece of parchment paper to examine it, but the darkness grew to be too much.

As he was about to pull out his wand for some light, he presently noticed a shadow roughly his size enters the classroom. Was it the ghost? He had never met a ghost before and the thought of such made a smile creep onto his face. However, as words formed and the voice of a girl presented a question, he quickly understood it was just another student. As she drew closer, he could make out a figure roughly his height.

“Oh, hello there. Name’s Giraltus. I could be asking you the same thing.” He said with a light chuckle. To be perfectly honest, he was relieved it was not a ghost, but indeed a student. The experience seemed fit for another day. Another day where he would learn a few more spells. Not that they would defend against ethereal beings. “What’s your name?” Giraltus asked. Perhaps he had found someone to aid him in exploration, or perhaps he had stumbled upon a tattle tale. He was ready to make an escape if it was the latter. “I’m just having a look around, trying to solve all the mysteries of Hogwarts in a day.” He said light heartedly. “Perhaps we should shed some light here,” he started. As he drew his wand, the young wizard firmly said, “Lumos.” However, only sparks emitted and nothing more. ‘Embarrassing.’ He thought.

Valencia nodded and smiled as the boy had introduced himself. "It's nice to meet you Giraltus," Valencia says with a smile, but she had realised that they were still in the dark, and not enough light had been coming in. Valencia moved closer to the silloutte as he asked what her name was. "Oh, my name is Valencia. But you can call me Lenny if that's easier for you" Valencia says, with yet another small smile, even though she had realised that they were in the dark again. Valencia nodded as Giraltus mentioned that he was only just looking around the castle. "Same me too. There are so many things that Hogwarts has to offer. But I still don't really understand the magic stuff" Valencia says with a shrug. She had been in Hogwarts for a couple of days now, and the magic stuff still had seemed confusing for her. She still hadn't really like the concept of magic yet. Valencia watched as the boy tried to do a spell, but she guessed it didn't work as he had hoped. "Is that spell for light? I'm sure you will get better at the spell. Just takes practice" Valencia says with a small encouraging smile. She had read the different spells in a book she read when coming into Hogwarts, though there was still so many, she had forgotten some of the spell and what they enchated for.

Valencia introduced herself and gave reassuring vibes. “I think part of the magic is not understanding.” He said grinning a bit. “Lumos!” Giraltus said again, this time light beaming out of the tip of his wand. “There we go, now I can actually see who you are.”

The classroom was almost more eerie with a light than without. The chilly atmosphere made it cold enough for him to see his breath just a little bit. It seemed like a place where lessons came to die. Maybe it was a class of ancient, outdated magicks. He made a note of grabbing more pieces of parchment that were scattered before leaving. “The spell is called Lumos, and I’m sure you could cast it as well! My father taught me, and it is not too difficult.” Giraltus explained. “Simply move your wand forward, and then up into a backwards loop while saying the charm!” He continued.

He remembered learning the motion for the first time. With his father’s wand he had learned the basic charm. While It took 100s of times to get it just right, the feeling of producing your first charm was fulfilling and exciting. One day he would learn every spell there was, and maybe create some of his own. Was there some kind of magic formula to developing different spells? Perhaps a…science to it?

Valencia watches as Giraltus does the 'Lumos' spell once again. Only this time he achieves the spell, and light sparks up in the wand. She looked at the wand with confusion. How the heck did it do that? She thought. There must have been some glow stick in the wand that you just shake and the light would come up. Right? Valencia listens to the boy intently as he explained how he did the charm of some sort. "Are your family wizards and witches?" Valencia asks with curiosity. She had only met a few students who are part of wizarding families. But Valencia hadn't been really part of that, since both her parents had been non-magical people, but her brother was a muggleborn like her. Which she found strange and all. She had decided to do the charm that the boy had done. Grabbing her wand, she did waved her wand like the boy had told her followed by with her saying "Lumos". After that, a little bit of light had come about like the boys, but not much. Valencia shrugged. "It was worth a try," Valencia says with a chuckle as she put her wand back in her pocket of her robes.

Valencia asked him if his family was that of a magic one. “Yes, my whole family is able to perform magic.” He replied. He wondered why she asked that. Perhaps her family could not. Would that mean she is a Muggleborn? His family had always strayed away from Muggles in his hometown. He did not realize there were Muggles that could become practitioners of magic. He was absolutely enthralled. What if the kids at his elementary school could develop into witches and wizards? Would that be good? Or bad? “Does your family practice magic?” Giraltus asked curiously.

After he performed a Lumos charm, lighting up the dark classroom, he had explained to Valencia how she too could perform it. As she tried, her wand produced similar sparks to his first attempt. She withdrew her wand and chuckled a bit at the attempt, and so did Giraltus. “Why not try again?” He asked.

Valencia nodded as Giraltus tells her that his family practice magic. She still was surprised that there were even people who did magic, or were wizards and witches. Again, magic was all confusing to Valencia. Like, was it just projections that were trying to test if you're right for the magical world? Was this someone trying to prank her or something? Valencia was still a little reluctant with believing the magical world. "Ah, no. My parents aren't wizards. But my twin brother is. I'm what you magical folks call... muggleborn, is it? Yeah, I think that's the word" Valencia says with a nod of her head.

Valencia shakes her head a little. "It's alright. I'll probably learn and practice more later." Valencia says with a small smile. She looks around the room again, only a little bit of light coming in, though it was a little dark still. She was intrigued with what the room was used for, or what class used to be taught in here. "What class do you think used to be taught in here?" Valencia asks the boy curiously, wondering if he had any ideas. "What house were you sorted into?" Valencia asks the boy. Better to know your classmates, right?

OOCOut of Character:
I'm so sorry for taking so long!!!

Valencia stated she was a muggleborn, as was her twin brother. He wondered what house they had been sorted into. Were they even in the same house? She seemed reserved from trying magic when she said she'd practice later. Perhaps she was Hufflepuff, or Ravenclaw. He had met a Hufflepuff at the lookout towards the top of the North Tower. However, Giraltus had not met a Gryffindor or Ravenclaw yet. "Do your parents know you can practice magic?" He asked very curiously. "I thought magic had to be hidden from muggles." He added.

She had asked what class he thought this was. The truth was, he had no idea. It didn't look like any class, maybe it was something too boring. "I'm not sure what this class could have been, it doesn't seem to represent anything." Giraltus replied. She also asked what house he was from, and he too wondered what house she was from. "I'm a Slytherin." Giraltus said while still scoping areas of the classroom. "What house are you and your brother?" He asked.

The room began to feel a bit cold to Giraltus once more. As if some presence had entered. "Brrr, feels like the dungeons." He said.,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back