Seamus Reid

impervious

Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 10 1/2" Unyielding Hornbeam Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Seamus after the last break, had decided that he wouldn't work until he needed to. Having a job was cool, but it just...it wasn't worth it. The hours were bad, he was on his feet and the pay was definitely not worth it. He didn't need to be working. Though his parents weren't really around, they weren't poor. If he needed money he could it, so there was little incentive for him to work. But he'd gone for a walk, forgoing his usual run to just go for a long walk and on that day with a dark and dreich day around him, he had turned the corner into Bleak Street. It was not a place he tended to go. There were stories about it, but he wasn't a child. He was almost an adult, he could handle it and he wanted to see what it held, so there he then was.

Avery was no stranger to Bleak Street. Not by choice, rather as a byproduct of his upbringing. Too often had he had to tag along with his parents to the dimmer, darker corners of Obsidian Harbor. It had been scary, once, though by now he felt a sense of familiarity about it, almost a comfort. It was less busy than the bustling cobblestone roads of the harbor, which at this time of year, could become too much for Avery, and so he wandered off the well-lit streets and into Bleak - and almost into someone else. He hadn't expected to run into anyone so soon, nor anyone he recognized from school. "Oh. Hello, Seamus." He said, sidestepping to avoid walking straight into his dormmate. If there were anyone he wouldn't be surprised to find here, he supposed it would have been Seamus.​

Seamus tried his best to not appear too startled as a boy greeted. He glanced at him, and it was the only one that the boy knew. The only person that he would assume to find about these parts. ”Hey,” he greeted casually. He wondered what he was doing here, but sure that he wasn't really doing too much that was actually interesting. ”How are you?” he asked almost tightly, trying his to avoid any questions that could be sent back that he didn't want to answer. He didn't want Avery to think he had never been to bleak street before.

Avie gave the other boy a slight smile. "I'm the same as always." He said. He supposed he really had nothing else to tell, or at least nothing he thought would be of any particular interest to Seamus. Nothing ever seemed to change in one way or another for him lately, whether he were at the castle, or home for the holidays. "How are you? Mind if I walk with you?" He asked. He didn't find Bleak Street too daunting on his own, but some of the darker recesses were better traveled with company, and for the time being he was open to some company, not giving any thought to whether he was imposing on Seamus' own plans.​

Seamus should've expected no less from his friend, who did just tend to be okay. He never seemed too bothered by anything. It was good, usually a very useful thing. "Equally, same as always," he tried to avoid pouring his heart out to someone like Avery, if only because he didn't want things to be unequal between them. "Don't mind, I'm just walking," he told him, to explain where he might be going and why he might go further than Avery perhaps intended to. "Are you heading somewhere in particular,"

Avery liked Seamus' company. Some people were a bit too much to be around, but Seamus never was. It was straightforward, and he never left feeling exhausted. "No, not really." He responded with a small shake of his head. "I was seeing what I might find if I wandered for a while. I come across some interesting things, sometimes. People throw a lot away here." He said. Few of the shopkeepers seemed to let him into their stores without his parents with him, but every so often he'd come across things in the street. Rocks, mostly. None that were cursed, so far, but unique enough for the area to be worth pocketing.​

Seamus didn't mind the company when he was just moving forward, moving through Bleak Street. It was pretty interesting as a place. He wondered what sort of things that he might see thrown away. He hadn't really come this way a lot, but it seemed that Avery knew it quite well. Seamus was curious about why, but knew with Slytherins there was always an explanation to it that he didn't need to do. ”What sort of things do you find?” he asked casually, that seemed like the easier option of things to ask.

Avery had to take a moment to think while they walked. He'd come across too many bits and bobs over the years to comb through, though few were worth mentioning. "Little things. A glass eye. Antique galleons. A broken wand. One day I found a scrap of cloth that turned my fingers invisible when I picked it up." He said. It was probably one of the more interesting things. If he had to guess, someone must have accidentally torn their invisibility cloak. It was unfortunate that he'd lost it soon after, but he supposed that was the nature of invisible things. "And a few nice rocks." He added. He couldn't not mention them, even if they weren't anything more than pretty to look at, but they were very much his favourite things to come across. He paused to look through one of the store windows. "Things no one want anymore." He said. He was happy to take them, to give them a new home.​

Seamus listened to what he said he'd found. He thought the broken wand and the scrap of cloth were the most interesting things. ”Can a broken wand be of any use?” He asked, largely out of really genuine curiosity, not sure if he would want a broken wand. But he was curious as to if it was of any use to him or anyone else. The Slytherin shrugged slightly, a few nice rocks were not something that interested him, but he knew it interested his friend. ”Well, I'll be on the lookout for anything today,” He said. Seamus didn't care much for most things, but he'd be on the lookout. ”Do you think people throw away more things here than in like Brightstone?” Seamus asked.

Avery hadn't considered if the broken wand would be usable. He had to guess not, since it was in two pieces. He shook his head. "My uncle works with wands. He says they can die. No, that's not it..." He paused to correct himself. "They...wilt. I think, when that happens, that's it. Their magic is gone. The one I found was wilted." He had no way of knowing for sure, he didn't study wandlore, but it had certainly looked diminished. He felt confident he could guess. He kept his eyes trained to the corners of the alley as they walked, now that they were on the topic of finding things. Perhaps running into Seamus was a good omen for his luck. "Yes, I think so." He responded without too much hesitation. "People don't ask too many questions here. It's quieter." He said. "A lot of people don't like coming down this way. I think it's nice."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back