Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Brevy
Wand
Curved 13 1/2 Inch Rigid Ivy Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Maisie was out and about for the day. She supposed she could go shopping, but then she would pass up this nice opportunity to sit at the park and go through her crystals. She'd recently picked up a new haul and she needed to categorize them. She settled down in the grass underneath a tree. She pulled out her latest Grimoire, her favorite color changing quill, and spread out her canvas pouch. She had almost a dozen crystals, and the beauty of all of them were just wonderful. She sighed softly, a smile lighting her features, and began to catalogue her crystals.

Jingyi was pretty much a regular at the park, hating being all cooped up inside with nothing to do. Once again, the boy found himself outside in the open air, hands shoved into his pockets as he wandered towards the playground to find some other kids to play with. But the appearance of a girl and some crystals stopped him in his tracks, blinking as he watched the girl for just a moment. Those crystals looked cool. Why did she have to many of them? Deciding to go and check it out, then, Jingyi put on a bright smile as he wandered over, stopping just before the girl and whatever she was doing. "Why do you have so many crystals? What are they for? They look really cool."

Maisie was settled, sorting her crystals, when she heard a voice. She looked up, smiling brightly. "Hi!" she told him, laughing. "Here, sit down, I'll show you," she patted the spot next to her, before launching into her explanation. "This one," she picked up a blue stone with subtle white marbling. "This is a soladite, it's for communication, self expression, and truth," She picked up a dozen or so more stones, showing each of them to the boy and telling him about all of them.

Clear quartz: Awareness, Amplifying Energy, Clarity
Rose Quarts: Unconditional Love, Emotional Healing, Compassion
Aventurine: Prosperity, Well-Being, Good Luck
Red Jasper: Strength, Honesty, Stability
Snowflake Obsidian: Spiritual Protection, Transmutation, Acceptance
Citrine: Brightness, Positive Energy, Clearing
Amethyst: Intuition, Balance, Higher Wisdom
Amazonite: Confidence, Self-love, Creative Expression
Tiger's Eye: Willpower, Warrior's Spirit, Self-Motivation
Black Tourmaline: Protection, Banishing, Security
Carenlian: Passion, Creativity
Hematite: Courage, Inner Strength, Grounding
Malachite: Wealth, Beauty, Individuality
Dalmation Stone: Loyalty, Family Bonds, Connection with Animals
Angelite: Divine Love, Gentleness, Healing

He had just asked about her crystals, but he really hadn't been expecting a long lecture on them as the girl went through every single one she had with her and told him what it was supposedly for. Jingyi felt just a little overwhelmed by it all, but he managed to sit there quietly and listen to everything the girl was saying. Only once she was apparently done with all her explanations did he shift slightly, crossing his legs as he leaned forward to pick up one of the crystals for a better look. "Yeah but like... what are they for? Why do you have them all?"

Maisie blinked. "Oh. Oh!" She laughed, turning to give him bright smile. "Alright, alright. Crystals have the power to affect the energy in and around a person or situation." She turned to him completely, sitting with her legs folded beneath her. "There's energy in everything, it flows through us in so many ways. Crystals help us channel that, help us channel our magic," she chattered. "Most modern day witches and wizards channel all their energy into runes or their wands." She told him, completely unaware that she was rambling.

The girl finally seemed to get what he was actually asking her, though her response was another bit of a ramble. Jingyi continued to inspect the crystal he was still holding, frowning deeper at it as he was told it was supposed to affect the energy in the area or something. "Nothing feels different with all these crystals," he admitted as he finally put the one in his hand down again. He certainly didn't feel any different than he had a moment ago before sitting down.

Maisie giggled at the boys statement, shaking her head and wrapping the crystals back up gently- she had already catalogued them. "They don't change the energies that completely, silly, crystals sway the energy around them. They aren't a cure all, but they can help to strengthen your spells and potions, and the vibes around your home," she told him, laughing and smiling softly. "I'm Maisie, by the way. Maisie Morvay," she held out her hand.

Admittedly, even as the girl was explaining things, Jingyi didn't really understand it much at all. It all sounded really weird to him. He was magical, so were his parents and his siblings, but he had never heard about this sort of stuff before. "Right..." he didn't really know what to say, though the frown lifted when she offered him her hand. Why did everyone he meet want to shake hands? That was such an adult thing. Regardless, he took the offered hand and gave it a small shake and a smile, "Jingyi Huang."

Maisie smiled, laughing brightly as he introduced himself. "Jingyi! That's such a cool name! How old are you? I'm ten!" she was hopping around, full of excited energy at meeting someone new. She slid her stones back into her bag. She wanted to know Jingyi now, so she could make him the perfect crystal necklace to help align his energies.

"It's not that cool," maybe it just sounded cool because he had a Chinese name. If they had been in China, then his name would be nothing special. But at the question of his age, he suddenly puffed his chest out and grinned, "I've just turned eleven! I'm so excited to go to Hogwarts next year. Are you going to Hogwarts, too?"

Maisie laughed. "Maybe not to you! But I think it is," she promised. She laughed lightly as he asked how old she was. "I'm ten!" She announced just as proudly, doing a happy little dance. "We'll be going to school togetherrr," she sing songed, giving him a bright smile. "What house do you think we'll be in? I bet I'll be in Hufflepuff! I hear they have the best common room!" She was bouncing. "Though Ravenclaws and Gryffindors probably do have the best views," she giggled.

Whatever, he supposed. Maybe it was alright that she thought his name was cool. At least she didn't think it was really weird or anything. "So, I'm older than you," he grinned, unable to stop himself from sticking his tongue out at her in a rather childish manner. But ten she started asking about houses and it was not really something Jingyi had much thought into himself. "I dunno. My sister is in Ravenclaw, but I don't think I'm smart enough to be a Ravenclaw. Just so long as I'm with my twin so I can protect him."

Maisie rolled her eyes, crossing her arms and sticking her tongue out at him before laughing lightly. She looked surprised as he mentioned he had a twin, clapping her hands together and smiling widely. "Oh, wow! That's so cool! It must be really fun having a twin," she gushed, thinking over how boring it was to be an only child. "And an older sister, too, that's awesome!" she giggled. "I only have myself, it gets lonely sometimes," she pouted. She rounded back then to something she had said, curious about it. "What do you mean, though, that you have to protect him? Is he sick or something?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back