Cry me a river.

Avadia Price

Avadia walked slowly up to the owlary, as she did every day for the past week. Each step was hard, her black boots felt like lead. She was dreading the letter, she didn't know if it would be here today, and yet she dreaded it. She didn't even have any idea what it said, or if it was, infact, bad news at all.

She looked around at all the owls, and found a letter adressed to her. She froze, and then took it. She handled it like it would break any moment, and opened it.

Avadia.

You are adopted. We do not know why, but mother adopted you. Lorraine read her diary; it was under the floorboards of the attic. You were in the middle of the road, about to be hit by a car, and she saved you. A tiny baby, days old. There was a note attached, I've attached it. Make your own mind up, if you wish to find who your real family is, we will not try to stop you.

I'm sorry. The others, especially Wish, still think of you as their sister. Blood doesn't matter.

Sandra.

Avadia gasped, choking back tears. She picked up the note attached and read it.
Look after this child, her name is
f1dpok.jpg
. I am sorry, tell her what happened when she is thirteen. Please. Everything she needs to find me is-

The rest of the note had been ripped off. The green writing was unlike anyone' Avadia knew. She sunk down to the ground, face buried in her arms. She began to sob uncontrollably, the letter an note sliding across the room.

Emme walked up to the owlery. She was going to send a letter to Josh and maybe one to Becca and Maddie as well. Though by the time she walked up the stairs, Chelly following her as if the kitten wanted to make sure Emme didn't fall in love with any of the owls and want to replace the kitten, Emme noticed someone crying.

Walking over to the crying girl, Emme recognized her as Ava. "Ava" Emme said her voice rather soft at first as if she wasn't sure if she was welcomed. "Are you ok love?" She aske taking a seat next to Ava, Chelly coming and sitting next to the two girls.

Avadia sniffed and looked up as she heard a voice. "Hey Emme." she said, trying to wipe away her tears. She smiled weakly at Emme's kitten, then blinked at Emme. She didn't look ok at all. Her mascara had run, and her face was more plae then ever, if that was even possible. The scars on her face looked red and sore, and her eyes were red and blotchy with tears. She shrugged, and handed Emme the letter. Emme was her friend, she would understand.

Emme smiled slightly at Ava who seemed more than just the normal amount of upset. For a moment Emme hoped that she hadn't lost anyone dear to her. At first that was the only thing that Emme could think of that would make someone cry like this.

As Ava handed the letter over, Emme read it over a few times making sure that she had gotten the correct concept. "You were adopted?" Emme said a question to her tone. This what was making Ava so upset and even though Emme didn't quite understand she reached over and gave Ava a hug.

"It's not the worst thing that could happen Ava" Emme said trying to make her feel better.

Ava sighed sadly. "I'm adopted..." she said, actually saying the words made them seem real. She didn't want to be adopted! This one bit of parchment, and some ink had ruined her life!

Avadia sniffed and nodded slowly. "I guess." she murmered. But she felt betrayed, by her 'mother'. She knew she wouldn't ever get over it completly, or until she found out who her real parents were. Her sisters weren't even her sister, or possibly even related! That was too much for one small girl to handle.

Emme guessed that this had to be rather hard for Ava. She didn't know what she would do if her mother suddenly told her she was adopted. "Ava you know this doesn't change much" Emme said trying to make her feel better. "I mean your sisters will still love you like a sister and same with your mother" Emme explained knowing that for a fact.

Smiling slightly. "Now it just means you have two families out there" Emme said trying to stay on the bright side of things.

Avadia nodded slowly, still dumbstruck. "Yeah, but it's just so.... so..." she trailed off, not knowing what to say. It just seemed to her like this shouldn't happen. She had been perfectly happy being ignorant, but some times fate decided these things.

She looked at Emme for a second, a look of shock on her sharp features, as the other girl mentioned her mother. Her adopted mother had looked after her like her own child, and Avadia felt more tears build up in her eyes, as she remebered the burnt, mangled corpses of her parents. She really did not want to think about that right now. The look of pure shock was still on her face as Emme said something else, Ava didn't exactly hear the words properly.

My 'parents' are dead, and I don't even know if my real parents are alive. How messed up is that? she thought, her mind whirring as she tried to put things together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back