Crash,

Brian smiled "relax, it's okay to be good" Brian said nicely as the music began to lower slightly. Some of the snow seemed to be flying a bit past him indicating that the snow was picking up. As they turned slightly Brian was able to see that the moon was being covered with clouds and what few stars that could have been seen before was now completely gone. The time was always changing in like everything it all changed towards one absolution that Brian wasn't sure was what he ever wanted to see, yet had too. Time always moved by slowly when he danced and yet like always it seemed like the song had only just begun when it was already over. Brian removed his arms from Violet and smiled brightly "see that wasn't too hard was it?" he asked politely.

Violet closed her eyes as she danced, concentrating on hearing the music and moving in time with the music, smiling as she felt she was getting the hang of it, although she could hear that the song was drawing to a close. It was sad, as she knew that when the song ended, she would be forced back to earth and back to her worries. Her grandfather would be livid, her mother extremely disappointed, her father worried, Angus surprised, and Antoinette would be complacent and would gloat. She sighed as the song finished and she opened her eyes, smiling back at Brian. "I suppose it wasn't," she said, happily. "Thank you," she muttered, really meaning it.

Brian chuckled "for what? you did half the work!" Brian said brightly as he walked back over to the pie and sat down looking at the snow flakes flying in through the window. "So, anything on your mind you want to talk about?" Brian asked nicely as he picked at what was left of the pie wondering if the Elves would be worried about the missing utensils. Brian didn't know if he liked the elves that much but it was interesting to see them work every now and then down in the kitchens. They were always working and would sometimes go crazy over silly things, it was like watching a good television show.

Violet shrugged. "For making me feel better," she said, with a smile, before sitting down next to Brian. "Well, um, I guess this is going to make me seem kinda stupid..." she began, wondering whether she should go on. "I screwed up in all my classes except Arithmancy. My family is going to murder me." It was the simple and honest truth - although perhaps the murdering was a little extreme. "I stressed myself out beyond belief and it did nothing, I still screwed up," she continued, tears forming in her eyes again. "I...don't know why I'm telling you this," she said with a half-hearted laugh, but still she looked mournful.

Brian looked at her understanding full well what she meant. "I know what you mean, my grades slipped ever since last year and I've been unable to get them back up, the only reason I'm not dead already is probably because my parents don't know about the grading scale they think an 'A' is the highest mark you can get" Brian said Hoping that might make Violet feel better "I guess what you have to do is think about what you want to be after Hogwarts and focus on that and then stop caring what your parents think, after all there not perfect. They probably make mistakes all the time" Brian said matter of factly.

Violet's eyes widened at this revelation. She didn't know this about Brian. "Hah, fair enough then. I guess studying isn't everything." He was right about her parents making mistakes - heck, her mother had barely scraped through her NEWTs. Her grandfather, too, hadn't got completely perfect marks. "You're right. That's why you're a Ravenclaw, of course," she said with a wink. "You have the answers to everything." Truthfully, Violet didn't know what she wanted to do after Hogwarts. Some sort of job in the Ministry, most likely, although she had the fanciful idea of perhaps teaching Arithmancy one day. She figured she still had a couple of years to work things out, though.

Brian gave a hearty laugh, "I suppose that might be why I'm in Ravenclaw" Brian said as he got up and stretched a bit. His bones were starting to feel a bit achey, Brian picked up the pie and smiled at Violet, hoping that he helped her to feel better "well I had better take this back down to the Elves before they have a fit" Brian said matter of factly "you'd better do your rounds I'm sure there's some first years mucking about causing trouble and such" Brian said with a smirk. Brian would hope that the students stayed behaved though knew that he couldn't be promised anything "I'll try to catch a few and punish them royally on my way back down to the kitchens" Brian added with a wink. "Goodnight!" he called as he turned around towards the Grand Staircase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back