Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence Of Hair From The Mane Of A Unicorn
It was the night of the Yule Ball, and instead of dancing and looking beautiful like most of the other girls, Violet Bellamy was taking unsteady steps from the Library to the Hufflepuff common room. Violet had no right to be at the Yule Ball, anyway. It wasn't as if anyone would taken her. Aries might have, but it was almost as though he had been nothing but a dream - disappeared from Hogwarts almost as soon as they had met. Violet heaved a sigh as she thought about this, a sigh that almost shook her whole body. Violet was exhausted - and that was an understatement. She had tried, and she had failed. She knew she hadn't done any better than As in any of her classes except for Arithmancy - which was her passion. She didn't know what her mother would say, or her father, or her grandfather, or her cousin. She'd been stressed to begin with, and then she couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, couldn't study, and then her marks would drop and the stress would increase. It was a vicious cycle. And now Violet was a walking wreck. Her normally sparkling green eyes were now dull and lifeless, encased in dark circles. Her strawberry-blonde hair (with the red beginning to show at the roots) was messy and limp, her hands shook, her legs shook - everything was shaky.

Without warning, she began to cough, and her legs shook so violently that she fell to the floor, landing on her hip and right elbow. She continued to cough, shivering and whimpering in pain. She'd promised she wouldn't let herself end up like this, but she had broken that promise. She didn't want to face her parents about her marks. She didn't want to face anyone, looking like this. She'd ruined herself, she knew. Tears welling up in her eyes, Violet rolled on to her stomach and pushed herself up on weak arms. Nobody would find her...she just needed to crawl back to her dorm room somehow before the ball came to an end. She had to be well hidden by the time Rhyspa and Lemina came back, in any case. And she didn't want the first years to see her looking so terrible. Not their third year prefect.

And she figured things were only going to get worse over the next few years. Still, it was hard to imagine a worse moment than right now, for Violet.

Brian had stayed up in the Towers deciding not to attend the Yule ball as it seemed like a stupid thing to do, he'd gone during his first year with Kailey just to see what it was like and the experience hadn't been to his liking, two of the other boys had gotten into a fight and literally destroyed all the pie, so instead Brian had managed to get one of the House Elves to bring him up some in the Ravenclaw common room. It was no easy task as the normally pleasent house elves were quite busy preparing several feasts and didn't really have the time to be bothered. Brian felt bad but decided that it would be alright as the elves always managed to get everything accomplised to perfection.

Brian just needed to find a good place to eat as the commonroom was packed full of students heading out for the Yule ball including Zazuka whom he hadn't really spoken with since their duel down in the dungeons. It had been a fun duel but Brian was still a bit in denial over everything that had happened over the past three years since he'd came to Hogwarts. Brian decided to head up to the sixth floor as nobody ever seemed to go there and figured it would be a good place to enjoy his pie.

As Brian walked throughout the school he could hear the music and talking over the Great Hall but decided to continue on ignoring the happy people. Brian wore his famous blue jeans and a sweater, he'd also grabbed his jacket since the night was particulaly cold with winter's breath as he walked onto the Fourth, there was a secrete portrait here he'd discovered that could take you to the sixth floor. He thought it was on the fourth at least, some of these passages seemed to move around. Brian was a bit shocked to see someone on the ground upon closer inspection he realised it was Violet. He hadn't spoken with her at all since their trip in the forest, he'd been mad that's she would side with the farm animals over him even in the face of danger, yet the way she looked now couldn't be ignored.

Neither Smiling nor looking sad Brian walked over to her "Violet, I have too much Pie would you like to share?" he asked in a casual voice trying to sound as if he wasn't seeing her in what appeared to be her worst or that he wasn't mad at her. Times like these made you forget the past it seemed and Brian knew his Grandfather would haunt him good if he didn't help out a fellow student no matter who they were. He didn't actually hate Violet at all for what happened in the forest he had mostly been dissapointed that she didn't stand her ground but could understand why.

Violet closed her eyes as she heard a voice - Brian's voice - say her name. Oh God, this just makes things a hundred times worse, she thought, painfully. She figured that Brian already thought she was weak enough after that time in the forest - where she had sided with the centaurs to prevent the both of them getting hurt. Now here she was curled up on the floor, looking and feeling like a complete wreck. He's probably going to laugh at me, or something, the cynical, bitter part of her mind told her.

Pushing herself up to a sitting position, she shook her head. "It's okay. I'm okay," she croaked, more to herself than anyone else. In truth, she was starving, but she wasn't willing to look like a greedy pig as well as a car crash. "You're not at the ball?" she wheezed.

Brian walked over with a slight smile sitting down next to her as he pulled out a small knife the elves had been kind enough to loan him, he cut the pie in several peices and began making two plates, he knew that she had declined but something told him to go ahead and give her a slice. "Nope, ever since my first year I've kinda had more taste for a good pieace of pie than dancing" Brian said as he set the plate with the pie and the only fork in front of Violet. He then used the knife like a stick and began poking at the pie left in the pan lifting it up and putting it his mouth enjoying every bit of it even though some of it had fallen into his lap, slightly embarrassed but more hungry Brian picked up the peice and ate it.

"Besides, we're only thirteen there's plenty of time for that kind of stuff... honestly people spend more time trying to play the dating game then live" Brian said remebering the quote his Grandfather had told him when they had seen a young couple snog while walking through the park. Loosing his wife so young Brian's grandfather had never been with another woman since, because 'the one is truly the one and after you've had them everyone else is just not right'.

Violet gave Brian a weak smile and picked at the pie with the fork, taking tiny bites and feeling a little better with each one - although she still felt quite terrible, considering her marks and how the stress had turned her in to a complete wreck. "Thanks," she whispered emphatically, as she continued to pick at her piece of pie, hands still trembling slightly. "Food's better than dancing, or being a wallflower in my case, anyway," she added, with a sad smile.

"I like the way you think, Brian," Violet muttered, nodding approvingly. "I was starting to think," she began, pausing briefly to cough. "Excuse me. I was starting to think I was an anomaly, not having a date at the ripe old age of fourteen." She gave Brian another small smile, stopping to cough again, shaking a little as she did so. "I wonder...I wonder what these first years will be like in 5 or 10 years," she mused aloud, really thinking about it. She was kind of worried about the culture of the first years. Pranking, dating...wreaking all sorts of havoc...they'd never been like that when Violet was in her first year.

"It's not a problem, It's good having someone to talk with" Brian said as he took another bite. He hoped Violet was feeling better as she seemed to be stressing over something that Brian couldn't guess. He'd change quite a bit since his first year, from someone that couldn't fly and studied all the time to someone more adventurous and relaxed, he had his second year to blame for that change as alot had and was still happening. "Your not an Anomaly, your a Hufflepuff Prefect I'm sure that has it's advantages" Brian said with a slight wink as he pressed his shoulder against her's like his grandfather had when he was down. Brian was feeling more and more like his grandfather everyday, something that he would give all the O's in Hogwarts to be as he'd always admired his Grandfather more than anyone else.

"In trouble, just like they are now" Brian said matter of factly "I have to admit there must be something in the water cause it seems like this lot drunk a little too much, were we like that in our first year?" Brian asked with a slight laugh as he took another bite. "Violet, your not a wallflower in fact your not a flower at all" Brian said staring into her eyes "Everyone always wants to be compared to a Flower or a Butterfly because their beautifull, but they forget that butterfly's only live for a day and a flower dies just as quick" Brian said seriously "You Violet, are a fourteen year old girl that will grow up to be a beautifull woman and have tons of these guys chasing after you" Brian said feeling a heat in his cheeks as he said this, It was in his nature to be nice but this subject was something he didn't get in that much. He hoped he wasn't making her feel worse.

Violet grinned, as best she could, anyway. "Indeed, I hardly ever seem to have anyone to talk to any more," she admitted. There was always Lemina and Rhyspa, but being 4th and 5th years respectively, they were busier than she was. Besides, they had friends in their own years. "Heh, thanks," she mumbled, feeling much better now she'd had something to eat and had someone to talk to - especially Brian, someone in her year level who she would definately consider to be a friend.

"No, I don't think we were like that in," she began, pausing to cough again. "In our first year, pardon me. We were much more refined. We're a better year level," she stated, seriously. The colour that had drained from her face came flooding back with Brian's next remark. "You flatter me," Violet spluttered. "Ummm, thank you, though," she added, quietly. She wasn't sure she believed him, but she imagined what her mother would say if she argued over a compliment - a thought which made a sly smile creep on to her lips.

"It's the truth!" Brian said quickly covering his mouth as he had been eating some pie and bits of it had escaped his mouth as he'd replied. Violet was a really nice person and it got to him that she had been worrying over such trival things because of peer preasure. Though thinking about her remark that they had been more refined caused Brian to stifle a laugh "I'm not sure about refined, I broke Andy's nose and cracked Kailey's skull both were by accident of course" Brian said remebering that Andy had also been caught by Professor King flying around after dark.

"Times pass by so quickly, just yesturday it seemed like my first day coming here and now I'm going back home for Christmas break three years in" Brian said with a bit of a laugh "but through the hard and easy times, there was always someone I could count on" Brian said as a bit of an after thought. His parents had pleaded with him with the promise that they would not be throwing a Chrstmas party this year and that they actually wanted to spend time with him, Brian knew it was just a set up to put more Law books in front of him so had declined once more "how was your Christmas?" Brian asked.

Violet looked down at her shaking hands, unable to hide the red in her cheeks. It was so rare for her to get complimented (from anyone but her mother and father, that is), and she certainly wasn't expecting to hear anything like that from Brian. She couldn't help but giggle weakly when Brian said he'd broken Andy's nose and cracked Kailey's skull. "You really did that? I had no idea! I kind of lived under a rock back then...still do, though," she admitted, a little sadly.

"It's weird, I remember my first day, and then my brother's first day...now he's a second year and I'm a third year, and we're back home to Australia for my third short Summer." It was kind of annoying that because Hogwarts was modelled on the British schooling system, Violet's summer was only about a week long. She still usually managed to return with a tan, or a sunburn, and no desire to return to the beach until next summer. She'd heard from her grandfather that Antoinette was taking time off and staying in Australia, but at the time she hadn't paid any attention to it. Now when she thought about it, it was going to be hellish having Antoinette and Angus under the same roof. Violet needed the recovery time, too. "I think I'm going to spend Christmas in bed," Violet muttered, thoughtfully. She was going to need the rest.

"Well your welcome to spend the day with me if you want!" Brian offered he didn't really have alot planned for Christmas besides drinking some candy cane hot chocolate as was a tradition in his family. "I didn't know you had a brother" Brian added at the sudden realisation, Brian rarely spoke with any of the other students especially those that weren't in his year, made sense really when you looked at the others some of them especially the Slytherin's were down right crazy, especially the quiet ones. Come to think of it, Andrew was often quiet and was always acting nice towards everybody. Brian wondered what Zazuka saw in him after all he was a Slytherin and worse he was a quiet Slytherin that acted nice which obviously meant that he was definately up to no good and had to be watched.

Brian honestly didn't understand why Zazuka didn't see what was right in front of them. Brian began to think bitterly that they were down in the Great Hall dancing away. Brian knew that it was only a matter of time before Andrew hurt Zazuka and then all of these happy times would seem like cold water stinging her face when she thought about them, Brian didn't want her or anyone to be in pain like that. "Good pie" Brian said as he finished his slice trying to take his mind off Zazuka, Andrew and the Yule Ball that he had decided to skip.

"Hah, I'll consider it. I should invite people around to my place some time, it seems that that is the trendy thing to do and I get bored way too easily." Violet smiled at this - she knew a few people spent their holidays with each other, but her holidays usually consisted of watching those old Disney movies with Rosie and pouring over her father's record collection and re-reading and purchasing novels. Which was alright for a while, but it got boring too quickly. "Not many people do, he and I are absolute opposites. I mean, he's a Slytherin and I'm a Hufflepuff, crazy as that sounds. We've only got a few things in common," she explained. She knew Brian disliked Slytherins, and she hoped that the fact that she was related to one wouldn't give Brian a bad opinion of her. Angus was a good kid, there was a lot of Ravenclaw in him, except the fact that he was more tricky than clever, and perhaps just a little lazy. "Yeah, it's pretty good," Violet replied with an absent nod, picking at a little more of her slice.

"wow" Brian said more than shocked, Slytherins were evil as everyone knew yet one of them had popped up in Violet's family "Your parents must be worried though, I mean that house does have a pretty good reputation for turning out Evil Wizards like fireworks on the 5th of November!" Brian said looking at the leftover pie yet still taking in what Violet had said. Every family probably has one bad apple in it, something Brian would know little about being an only child. Then again that was something to be greatfull for not to mourn as he never had to worry about sibling rivalry or having to watch out for some little bugger that might end up in Slytherin.

Violet shrugged. "Not really, I mean, Grandfather's pleased, he was a Slytherin. He's not evil, though, he's the English Minister of Magic," she said a little defensively - making it the first time she'd ever admitted that fact out loud. "He was kind of disappointed with me, so was mum, she wanted me to be a Gryffindor like she was, or perhaps a Ravenclaw like my grandmother and my cousin, but no, here I am." She smiled weakly, and shrugged again. "You know what they say though, you can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family. My family members just happen to have absolutely nothing in common," she explained, with a small laugh. It was true, though, they were all so very different and yet they got along, with the exception of Angus and Antoinette. And as if sweet little Angus was going to be a dark wizard. In Violet's opinion, Antoinette, the former Ravenclaw, was the one they had to watch.

"Wow" Brian said as Violet explained her Family's House History. Brian had never really heard about families ending up in different houses as most seemed to fall in a certain order. "I'm the only one in my line with magic though I think my parents would've been Ravenclaws" Brian explained thinking about it "I don't really know much about my mother's parents since they died before I was born but my Dad's Dad would definately have been in Gryffindor!" Brian said proudly remebering all the stories that involved adventure and luck that his grandfather had told him. "I think I'm in the right house though" Brian said a with a bit of resentment in his voice, he did enjoy being in Ravenclaw but still Gryffindor would've been nice as well, anything but Slytherin.

"I guess my family's just a little weird," Violet laughed. It was true, nobody in her family was like anybody else - although it was said that she took after her father. And yet they fit together perfectly, like the pieces of a puzzle. "I think it's cool that you're the first in your family's line with magic. You don't have expectations to live up to," Violet muttered, a little bitterly. "If my dad was a wizard, though, he would have been a Hufflepuff like me. And I think Ravenclaw is the perfect house for you," she added, nodding. Brian was definately a Ravenclaw, he was extremely intelligent and he made for good academic competition. Not this semester though, because I really screwed up, she thought, sadly. "Besides, the houses mean nothing in the end. Nobody can stick to the characteristics of one house - I mean, I'm sure there's plenty of Gryffindor and Hufflepuff in you as well as Ravenclaw, just as I would like to believe there's a bit of Ravenclaw in me," she reasoned, a little bitter at the last part. "So really, who cares?" she asked, before coughing and shivering violently again.

Brian unzipped his jacket and tossed it over towards Violet "here" Brian said with a smile, there was a lot of Ravenclaw in Violet, so much so that Brian often wondered why she didn't get picked by the hat to join him and Zazuka at the blue table. "I'm lucky my parents stay away from the magical world with what happens at this school" Brian said a little darkly "The Headmistress getting kidnap last year and a Wild Horseman attacking people in the forest, My mother would probably have came right here and taken me home" Brian said with a laugh "As far as they know I just keep my head in the books and study the principles of magic" Brian said as he looked at a nearby window. The sight was something he thought as he got up and reached out for Violet's hand.

Violet smiled at Brian gratefully as he passed her his jacked. "Thank you," she stammered, wrapping it around her shoulders. She nodded as Brian mentioned the drama that went on inside the school. "I know what you mean, it's getting dangerous. I just hope nobody else gets hurt," she said, seriously. Her grandfather insisted upon them staying at school as "being educated was safer than being at home in the long run", although Antoinette was out of school for the simple reason that the only education she was gaining was education in boys, something which Violet could not quite comprehend. Her mother fussed, but had faith in the Hogwarts system. Her father could not fully comprehend the danger but naturally worried about his two elder children. Nevertheless, there was no fear that they would leave, unless they saw Violet's marks and insisted she changed schools, a thought that sent chills right up her spine. "I'm glad that your parents don't think to pull you out, I don't want our year level to get too much smaller," she said with a smirk, as she grabbed Brian's hand and pulled herself up on to weak legs.

"Look" Brian said with a smile as he showed her the Hogwarts Grounds through the window. A slight snow was falling as the forest stood directly in front of them next too a frozen lake and a tall tower that was the Owlery. The clouds moved slowly as the snow fell but one could easily make out the light of the full moon. Christmas at Hogwarts was always more magical than most of the things they learned in the school. Brian hand was still holding onto Violet as he watched the snow fall some flowing in towards them. "See, if we were down stairs we'd probably have missed this not to mentioned your feet would probably be begging to be amputated from having to wear high heels" Brian said with a bit of a laugh. It was only then that he realised he could hear the music coming three floors below, IT made sense since the Great hall was probably as tall as three floors.

"Wow," Violet breathed, impressed by the view. Three years in to her education at Hogwarts and the school never failed to impress her. That and snow was such a novelty to her, a girl brought up in one of the sunnier parts of Australia. She'd only seen snow a couple of times before going to Hogwarts. And of course she'd never seen a building (although building seemed like an over-simplification) as beautiful as Hogwarts Castle. "It's beautiful. Much more beautiful than dancing couples and all the inevitable arguments and such." She smiled as she remembered back to last year's ball - and she hadn't been at the ball before that but she'd heard about the drama. "Urgh, I'm glad I'm not down there. I'm only going there again if I make Head Girl and become forced to attend. Dressing up isn't really my thing."

Brian chuckled slightly as he continued to watch the snow fall. Violet said that she was glad to not be down there but Brian had a feeling that had someone asked her she would've been more than happy to go. Brian enjoyed looking at the moon and the few stars that could be seen, it was later than Brian thought it was as he looked over at Violet. Brian had an idea that was probably one of his best ever as he held Violet's hand he turned and bowed very low, the slow music playing in the background he kissed her hand "May I have this dance?" he asked politely while still bowing low. His mother had taught him how to ballroom dance years ago yet aside from the Yule Ball in his first year he seemed to never use the skills that had been given to him. Now he would be able to use it to make someone feel better, unless he was wrong of course then he'd look like a complete idiot.

Violet gazed at the beautiful sight of the grounds and the sky, still awestruck. She was almost sad that she had to go home in a couple of days for Christmas - sunshine and burnt brown grass were what awaited her. It was home, though, and she always loved being home. She turned to give Brian a smile when he turned and bowed, kissing her hand - which caused her to blush profusely, as she was prone to do. "Er, well, um, sure," she stuttered. "I don't know how to dance, though," she blurted quickly. She'd never had the occaision to learn. She'd had ballet lessons when she was a little girl but that wasn't going to help her now.

Brian chuckled once more as he placed a hand on her waist and placed his other on her lower back "just place one arm on my shoulder and use the other to hold my waist" Brian said with a smile. In ballroom dancing the male lead making the woman's job nothing more than following his lead so the fact that she didn't know how to dance wouldn't effect how the overall dance went, It would be much easier leading Violet who was alot closer to his size than when he had to lead his mother or Kailey who had both been taller than him. Brian slowly began to move in rythem with the music that had changed slightly meaning another song was being played behind him was the window, snow and stars giving one a perfect sight.

Violet bit her lip as she did what she was told, hoping she wouldn't collapse or trip or something extremely stupid during the dance. She wasn't the most co-ordinated person around. She wasn't completely clumsy, she just wasn't exactly graceful. Nevertheless, Brian knew what he was doing, and Violet simply followed his lead, moving in time with the music. "Wow. I've never actually danced before. I'm so glad there's no audience," she murmured, laughing quietly to herself so as not to drown out the music with her voice. Maybe this night isn't so bad after all, she thought to herself. I get to dance and I don't have to worry about my hair and make up and shoes and dress, she mused with a serene smile, forgetting her worries for the moment as she focused on the music and the dance.

"for someone who doesn't know how to dance you sure are dancing" Brian said with a slight chuckle as he continued to lead. The song wasn't overly gracefull as it was background music that was muffled by the echoing halls however it seemed to match their situation perfectly. It was also alot easier to dance in tennis shoes then it would've been in dress shoes or heals that tend to make the feet uncomfotable. Yet as they moved it the moonlight something about it all did seem nice as everything was going right without all the frilly stuff that one normally associated with the Yule Ball. It was a funny thought Brian had to admit that without the extra stuff the Yule Ball might actually be a easier to attend for people like him and Violet. Brian was enjoying himself more in those few minutes than he had in a while, there was something different about dancing that wasn't flying or dueling yet was a poetic mixture of the two as he continued his movements and the song began to hit the climax.

"Don't jinx it," Violet laughed, as she shuffled around, taking great care not to step on Brian's feet. She figured that would be her biggest problem with dancing. After all, from what she'd heard, that was a big problem for most people with dancing. And Violet's feet weren't exactly small. But at least she could hear the rhythm of the music, and knew to move in time with that. Angus may have gotten most of the musical talent, but it wasn't as though Violet had no musical ability. She knew how to move with a rhythm and beat. And for Violet, something that stressed her out so much as the idea of dancing actually turned out to be okay when she actually did it, which came as a rather pleasant surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back