OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Wand
Knotted 13" Sturdy Yew Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Jerara had ditched a couple of his classes for this upcoming semester, but this didn’t mean he could relax, no, it just meant that occasionally he would have time to just sit and read by himself. Like he was doing currently, just sitting reading a book about the history of dark magic in the student lounge. He had a couple of tea beside him and was pretty content to ignore everyone around him. He missed Ellie of course, but he could just focus on what he was reading he’d be just fine.

At the start of a new semester there usually wasn't much to do yet, so Tristan was looking for some company. He scanned the student lounge for any sign of his girlfriend, but instead he spotted one of his best friends. He hadn't spoken to Jerara in a while, so Tristan made his way over and took a seat next to him. He shook his head with a smile. "Even when we have no homework, you're reading." He commented.

Jerara looked up from his books as Tristan took a seat, "There's always more learning to be done," the prefect replied with a grin, "Plus, this is on the dark arts, we barely do any of that. Without classes and homework, I have more time for this sort of reading," Jerara retorted, but his tone was friendly, "Hows your latest fling?"

Tristan laughed and shook his head. "You're such a Ravenclaw." He said, rolling his eyes playfully. He wasn't sure why the boy was interested in the dark arts, but had realized a while ago that Jerara had interest in things he couldn't understand. Tristan raised his eyebrows and gave the boy a nudge with his elbow. "I'm still seeing October, and she's not a fling." He said, though he smiled a little. "It's going well, though. I went to her dad's wedding as her date. How are things with Eleanor?"

Jerara rolled his eyes a little with Tristan, but shrugged, "How am I supposed to keep track," the boy replied before realising that maybe it was serious when he went to her father's wedding. Of course the conversation turned to his own relationship, "We split up, kinda, we're on a break,"

Tristan rolled his eyes too, nudging his friend again. "I'll have you know I've only dated thr- two people before October." He said, nearly slipping up and adding Vivian to that count. He quickly went on. "If you spent less time reading creepy books, you might know that." Jerara's statement about his relationship surprised him, and he looked at his friend with his eyebrows raised. "Why?"

Jerara shrugged, he was sure that Tristan had flirted with more people, but he wouldn't press on it. "This book isn't creepy, it's history. History we never get taught," the boy retorted with a little laugh, "She graduated and I'm still here," Jerara offered as an explanation.

Tristan sighed, smiling slightly. "I suppose you have a point." He said, not wanting an actual argument about the boy's book. "You'll know more than Professor Ward before long." He added. The explanation made sense, and the prospect of this made Tristan sit up straight. "So while you're here for two more years, you can date other people?" He asked Jerara.

Jerara rolled his eyes a little at his comment, "I could teach history of magic way better," he liked the class, though the subject matter was a little odd at time. Jerara looked at Tristan when he asked if he could date other people, "Maybe, why?" the boy was curious but he wasn't sure he would date, there were other things he had to do.

Tristan laughed. "No doubt about it, you're probably smarter than him." He said, as he didn't have the highest opinion of that professor. Tristan laughed at Jerara's confusion. "Of course you can, why else take a break? And you should take advantage of it." He told him seriously. "You can't graduate after only having dated one girl. Isn't there anyone in our year you think is cute?"

Jerara shrugged, he didn't understand Tristan and his desire to date and flirt with people, Jerara didn't have time and at the question he just shook his head, "Corrine's kind of cute but I don't know about dating, I'm not that interested," Jerara told him honestly, "I'd rather read,"

Tristan felt a little frustrated with Jerara for his lack of interest. Didn't the boy realize there was more to life than studying? He didn't need to date, of course, but why wouldn't he? He wasn't bad looking. "Corrine?" He asked, surprised. "I don't know, I think she's dating someone, or something." He tried to casually dismiss her, preferring to keep someone who knew so much about him at a distance. "Is there really no one else you'd be interested in?" He ignored his comment about reading, as it was just stupid.

Jerara shook his head, "I haven't really been paying attention," the boy replied, "I was seeing someone and doing all of the classes, I didn't have the time," he knew it was flimsy, but he didn't want to say to Tristan that it was more because he still loved Ellie.

Tristan nodded at Jerara's explanation, understanding where he was coming from. "I get that, but you have to know there's more to life than just studying. I'm not just talking about dating." He added. "You don't have to ask someone out or anything, but just keep your options open."

Jerara shrugged at him, he didn't understand why Tristan was so focused on dating or why it could be important to date, but he'd humour him, "I'll keep my options open okay," he relented with a roll of his eyes, "Whose even single in our year?" maybe it might humour him a little.

Tristan smiled slightly, knowing Jerara was going along with it for his sake. The two were definitely friends, even if they had completely different priorities. "That's good." He said with a nod. The question made him think. "Well, I think Signy is? The other prefect in Hufflepuff. The Slytherin captain too, but I don't know if you want to go near that." He snorted. "Beaubelle, if that's her name. Sofia too." Tristan shrugged. "The minister's daughter might be, I heard there was some drama last year at the Valentine's dance."

Jerara listened as the boy talked about the other single girls in their year group. He paused for a moment about Beaubelle, maybe he could reconnect with her. "You really have your ear to the ground on this," he chuckled lightly, "Maybe you should do a bit more reading this year,"

Tristan snorted but also nudged Jerara again, giving him a halfhearted glare. "I just keep up with some gossip, I don't know everything." He said rolling his eyes. "You just don't know much at all. I'd be surprised if you know all the names of everyone in our year. And I'll have you know I read plenty, I still got all O's for my OWLs."

Jerara chuckled, "I know you and that's enough," his friend was probably right, he knew a few but not a whole lot of the people he shared so many classes with. "There's a whole wealth of knowledge beyond what they teach us, beyond the Os,"

Tristan grinned. "I am pretty great." He joked. "But you shouldn't only rely on me for friendship." He added, "and definitely not for dating." He said with a laugh. He shrugged when Jerara said there was knowledge beyond what they were taught. "I'm sure there is, but learning stuff I don't get grades for isn't going to help me get further for now."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back