Courage and Bravery (Closed)

James Potter

Wand
16 inches Mahogony Pheonix Feather Core
James looked down from the cliffs towards the castle, he had gone climbing by himself with a strong desire to get away from everyone and everything. He wore a pair of expensive jeans along with a shirt and a pair of tennis shoes. In his back pocket was his wand though he didn't think he would need it. James liked to climb but didn't get to do it often. He was glad to know that Hogwarts New Zealand had it's own cliffs and if one was smart would be able to make it up, though now that he was here he felt alone again. James missed Isabella everyday and while there were other girls around they just couldn't compare to her. It was more than the fact that she was a Veela, they had a connection at least James had thought so.

James had sent his letters off the day prior but needed to write to Erica and Sakura whom he had forgotten about during the transition from Quidditch to School, James was glad to know that Erica was keeping the Prophet quiet about him returning to school but knew that it would only be temporary. Erica may not be a newb at the prophet anymore but she wasn't that high up either. James figured she'd probably had to call in a few favors... but wondered what it was she was getting into these days. There were things James missed about London and his friends were one of them. He wondered how Lily was faring with everything that was going on, still a bit surprised that she was here when Albus wasn't. Then again James still wasn't sure if she was here of her own will or out of some insideous plot his parents had cooked up. James simply decided to take a deep breathe and just enjoy the wheather.

Andromeda was fast becoming engrossed in the medical journal that her uncle had gotten for her, she had left Carlisle back at the school to spend some quality time with his sisters. Andromeda still hadn't too much of an opportunity to speak with Zuka to find out how the rest of her summer had faired, their steady correspondence had been great but never as good as the real thing. Thinking the cliffs would be relatively quiet and she'd be able to read in peace instead of being surrounded by giggling first years in the common room or struggling to find a seat in the library as those sitting their OWLs and NEWTs took it over, Andy made her way over. She had thrown on a pair of faded jeans and a relatively loose black t-shirt that she had knotted just above her navel. Her black tennis pumps worn sans socks.

Strolling down she enjoyed the warmth of the sun and the peacefulness that this part of the school grounds afforded. Smiling to herself that she would indeed be able to get a few chapters read now, Andy looked up as some movement caught her eye. Only to see the infamous James Potter sitting on the cliff tops.
Most likely showing off or waiting for some of the older girls so he can do the big macho act she mused. He had fallen from her good graces within minutes of opening his mouth as he flirted blatantly with some of her room mates and then treated her as if she were his pet groupie. No James Potter was not all polish and shine but he certainly wasn't worth any effort on her part either. Turning to walk down another pathway through the cliffs, Andy tucked her book under her arm and began to walk off.

James had seen Andromeda, more importantly he had seen her make her distinctive turn the moment she saw him and figured that she was one of those people that had prejudged James and didn't like what she had seen. James rolled his eyes slightly, His entire life had been about what people thought of and how they believed he should act. If he was shy and kept to himself like Albus was then he would've been considered letting down his family heritage and needed to 'Potter up'. If he acted like his uncles had when they were at school then he was treated like a poisonous apple since that's not how his father would've acted! What was worse is when he tried to give people the attention they wanted all of a sudden he was an arrogant prat that was full of himself. People always seemed to judge him based off the first glance, or worse from what they read in the Prophet.

James had gone through this for years and knew there was only one cure to this and that was to go around one by one and talk with these people so they understand just who he was. Alot of people liked him and most of the time the people that didn't, just did not know anything real about him. The other people James didn't know what he could do to convince them that he was a good person but after a while he simply gave up and decided it was a lost cause. You couldn't have everyone in the world like you. James had legions of Death Eaters that would've loved nothing more to get there hands on him, Albus, or worse; his little sister. James looked around remebering what his dad had always preached 'Constant Vigilance' The cliffs were on the outskirts and therefore could have something lurking in them. James began walking behind Andromeda "Wotcha Reading Fiorelli?" James asked loudly as he got closely.

Andromeda walked a few steps and stopped, was she being mean? She always gave people a second chance and a third and fourth come to think of it, providing of course that they hadn't done anything detrimental or blatantly hurt her as Brian had. She took another few steps before stopping again. It wasn't like her to treat another Gryffindor this way and she didn't like it at all. She was loyal to her house before being loyal to the school and it meant alot to her. This was her home and being part of Gryffindor was a huge part of who she was, James had been a Gryffindor for nearly seven years now and his family before him. She couldn't hold a grudge based on a silly first meeting in the common room, it wouldn't be fair. She was about to turn about when she heard someone coming up behind her and ask what she was reading. When he referred to her by her surname she grinned, this was a big thing of hers. She loved messing with Mike Goulding by doing it all the time, he always referred to it as old school but she had always liked it.

'Here's your chance Andy, give the guy a chance he probably isn't quite as big headed as he made himself appear on day one'
The book nearly tumbled from her under her arm as she went to get it but she caught it quickly, her reflexes were sharp.
"Hi Potter, just a medical journal. Hairy Snout, Human Heart" she held the book up for him to see, "Enjoying the cliffs much?"

James looked down at the book and pondered it for a moment, knowing that his Aunt Hermione had probably read that thing twice while he'd never even heard of it before. Then again there honestly wasn't a book out there that he wasn't sure his Aunt hadn't read and yet she'd married someone who's blantenly lazy when it comes to education. The thought made James smirk. "Never heard of it" James said with a smile "what's it about, I mean I know it's about medical stuff but what type?" James asked wanting to show some interest. He didn't know Fiorelli much and had even forgotten about her when he left the triwizard tournament early two years ago but decided now might be a good chance to get to know her.

She was in the same house as he was and was even in the same class that his little sister was in. James would need to talk with Lily about everything that was going on and make sure she was keeping an eye out. Just because they were at school didn't mean they were safe and while he may not be on speaking terms with his parents he knew that they probably meant for him to keep a sharp eye out for her. "I'm liking it up here a bit" James said with a shrug of indifference looking back out towards the grounds "just thinking about somethings" even though it was more of someone then something. James wished Isabella was here to enjoy everything that was going on, he would've loved getting caught with her all over the school. James smirked again slightly at the thought he mused.

Andromeda clasped the book to her chest and blew a stray piece of hair from her face.
"It's about lycophany. The effects on the human physiognomy during and after it changes into the shape of a werewolf. How the heart and other organs can withstand...." she stopped just because she found it all bloody exciting didn't mean everyone else did. She shuffled her feet, feeling a little uncomfortable which was a first, Andy was usually at home with everyone. She put it down to guilt for pre-judging the boy.

"Well it's a good place to think" she nodded her head and stood motionless for a moment. The pause becoming a little more than awkward. She let out a sigh as she looked about her.
"Well it was nice talking to you again" what else could she say, she had nothing other than quidditch and Gryffindor in common with the guy and the fact that she hero worshipped his aunt Hermione Weasley like other girls looked up to female presidents and other female role models. Mrs. Hermione Weasley had always been hers, but Andy wasn't going to mention that point and fact to him.
She wished she could say something else but conversation stumped her for now, so she turned her head to look in the direction she had been about to walk.
"I'll see you around then, enjoy the view".

"Leaving already?" James asked a bit flabberghasted. Normally when people began having a conversation they actually held a conversation, James didn't mind though if the girl wanted to leave she could but he smirked slightly "I have a cousin who's dad was a Werewolf you know" James said, Teddy was in fact a cousin of the family now as he had married Victorie Weasley a few years back, they now lived in France though James hadn't talked to him in quite a while. "My aunt also fought for Werewolf rights in London recently, in order to help them get jobs and that stuff" James said thinking about just a few of the cases Aunt Hermione had been working on. "I'm sure if you have any questions on Lycophany she could answer it, she's better than any library" James said with a slight chuckle knowing that the thought was most definately true.

Andromeda turned back with a bright smile.
"Oh I know, Ted Remus Lupin. I read the book he wrote about his father back when I was in first year. A very compelling read and as for your aunt. She is amazing, I've read alot of the journals and posts she's had published in the Equality for Beasts and Beings monthly, as well as other articles she's had printed. I got into SPEW here because of her. She's brilliant" Andy gushed like a besotted groupie. There wasn't alot Andy didn't know about her favourite Gryffindor ever.
"It must be really cool having her as your aunt" she said it as a statement and not as a question.

James kinda blushed slightly "Well she's just one of many, it seems like everone in my family has something you know" James said thinking about it "Uncle George own the Weasley Wizard Wheezes franchise and Aunt Angelina is the Head of the Department of magical games and Sports" James said thinking about it some more "Dad is the Head of the Auror Office, and Mum's working at the Daily Prophet writing for the sports page before I was born she also played for the Holyhead Harpies" James said, people may think that just because he was doing something that he was being special but in the Potter's and the Weasley's all he was doing was living up to standard. "She did teach me magic last year though, which was really awesome since I learned a few interesting tricks I might not have, I write to her about once a week" James said realizing that in the past year he'd gotten close to his Aunt more so then his own parents.

Andromeda listened intently as he related the other members of his very famous family, she wasn't going to say that she had known much of this already. There wasn't a lot about the Weasleys or Potters that didn't make the gossip columns of Witch Weekly.
"The Holyhead Harpies are a good enough team I suppose, my uncle Patrick was actually the captain of the Irish team for a while. Took them to victory back in 2018's world cup, it was his last game before he retired. Thought he was mad for doing that but well quidditch players have a short enough shelf life, he trained them for a while as well" she wanted to show James that he wasn't the only one with somebody famous in his family, though she was well aware that not a single person could ever compete with how famous his father was.

"So you're going to play with the Canons full time when you leave here?"

"Well, I'm on contract with them for two more years" James said matter of factly "My contract was put on hold for the time being with a few exceptions that I had to agree with" James said trying to explain what was difficult to explain. The logistics had been a bit confusing even for James but thanks to his Aunt he had been giving a second chance at graduating. "Afterwards I might join another team or renegotiate my contract so that I can play a position I like better" James said with a bit of a smirk "If I do well enough I might get to do both" James said laughing slightly "who knows I might end up playing Seeker for the Irish!" James said with a smile "With you playing along side right?" James said knowing that Fiorelli enjoyed Quidditch, James was sure she would be able to play well especially if her uncle was a team captain.

Andromeda listened to him, it was interesting to say the least talking about quidditch. Once upon a time it had been a dream of hers to play with the Kenmare Kestrels straight out of school like her uncle had done and eventually go on to play for Ireland. Now the most she could ever hope for was a seat close enough to the action.
"Ah the Irish are picky, you have to be Irish nowadays to actually play on the national team you know" she smiled, she didn't answer his other question about playing along side her. Her seventh year at Hogwarts would be the last time she would be able to play the game, that's why she put her heart and soul into it every time she played and trained.

"Does Lily play as well?" she hadn't had a chance to speak with the girl yet but knew she would make the effort to settle her in alright. It wasn't easy transferring schools, Andy knew that much first hand.

"She played when she was at Hogwarts, though I'm not sure if she still wants to play now that she's over here" James said looking down towards the castle "I wonder how the team's going now that they lost so many players" James said with a bit of remorse, then again they were all happy for him and so he knew that he shouldn't feel too bad. The Gryffindor team was one of the best anyways and James was sure that they would do fine without James or Lily. "So what do you plan on doing during life after Hogwarts?" James asked with a smile, wondering what normal kids planned on doing once school was over. James had his life planned out but even with it planned by him it still had a few glitches thanks to his family's reputation. James knew that he just had to deal with it and drive on as if he were no different from anyone else.

"Well we will be having try-outs so she should have a go, we're always looking for a fresh perspective" she told him when he asked her what she would like to do when she finished school she cocked an eyebrow at him and held up the book again.
"I'm going to be a healer. I'm going to ask for an assistance post at the school hospital in my OWL year and during the holidays next year I'm going to apply for auxiliary position at St. Mungos. Like a nurses assistant type of thing, so that when I do finally finish here I can apply for a proper training post there. Are you going to stick with the quidditch? You should get a back up just incase" she told him remembering how Patrick had done the healing on the side and the coaching before doing them both full time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back