Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 10 1/2 Inch Flexible Pear Wand with Kelpie Hair Core
Arihi Kuresa dressed up in a summery type of dress. After all, she did come from the islands. Arihi agreed to go with her friend Chase, who was one of the first people she met. Arihi thought that this would be a friendly sort of dance. And, this was the first official school type of event that she had ever been to. She skipped Halloween since she had some homework to work on. Arihi walked down the stairs with her sandals since she did not want to wear heels. As soon as she saw him, Arihi smiled gently, "Hey, ready? I don't know the customs of these, Chase. You'll have to introduce me."

Chase was excited for the Yule ball, his time so far at Hogwarts had been a lot of fun and a ball seemed like a great way to sign off the first semester. He had agreed to attend the dance with Arihi, one of the first people he had met after being sorted into Ravenclaw. She was someone who he enjoyed spending time with so knew he'd have a fun night and he hoped he'd get the chance to introduce her to Adelaide and Wendal. Chase clasped his hands together once his date appeared. "Yes lets go," He beamed. "I'll see what I can do, I hoping its a normal dance as I understand them to be, no some weird magic specific thing I haven't heard of,"

Arihi smiled, before she laughed a little bit. Of course, it would be like a normal dance. Arihi frowned a little bit before she sighed, "I don't even know what they are like." She looked at her friend, and pointed out, "I was schooled by my family, remember? This is my first experience with other students too." Arihi wished that she could have attended elementary with other peers, even if they did not have magic. Though, she would not put a downer on this occasion at all. "So, what do we do, Chase?"

Chase laughed a little at first then what Arihi was saying hit him. "Oh! I didn't go to school before here either, I just, I dunno, have a vague idea of what a dance should be like," He said, wondering what his fellow Ravenclaw was expecting. "Don't worry, stick with me and we'll have fun," He added taking her arm and leading her down to the great hall. It was decked out in a wintry theme, it looked quite beautiful even if it wasn't seasonally correct to where they were in the world. "Not many people are dancing just yet," He said casually looking around the hall. "We should get drinks, see if we can see some familiar faces," Chase took Arihi by the hand and led her over to the drinks table.

Arihi laughed as he explained that all of it was just a vague idea. He had the same background as her, it seemed. Chase took her arm, and led her into the great hall. She admired the wintry theme. She had never experienced winter before, since her islands were tropical all year round. "I assume this is what a real winter is like?" Arihi glanced toward her Ravenclaw friend. With her hand in his, she followed him to the drinks table, where she helped herself to some punch. Arihi sipped it, and glanced at Chase. "I hope so. I don't have family here anymore, and I was buried in my studies, so I'm leaning on you to introduce me to some people," Arihi teased Chase. It was true that she did bury herself in books, however.

Chase laughed when Arihi asked if the ball decorations were what a real winter looked like, it hadn't occurred to him that she didn't have proper winters where she was from. "I suppose so yeah, it depends where you're from, not everyone is lucky enough to have proper snowy winters like this," He said as he helped himself to a drink. "I only know a few people but if we see them I'll introduce you,"

Having a snowy winter seemed near impossible for her, though she would have to ask her dad and stepmom to take her somewhere where she could experience it. If she visited her grandmother for Christmas, in New York, she could. "My grandma lives in New York, and I should visit during winter. I bet it gets super cold up there." Although, she had no clothes for such a visit. "I think we need to get out more, especially if you don't see them here."

Chase listened as she told him about her grandmother living in New York which made him surprised she'd not seen winter before. "You haven't visited her before? You should New York winters are insane, snow completely covers central park it looks amazing," He trailed off. Granted he could count the number of times he'd spent Christmas in New York on one hand, but it was an experience he'd had and it was one he cherished even he'd been young. "I get out plenty, you're the one we need to pull away from the books every once in a while,"

Arihi shook her head. No, her grandma comes to the Samoa islands. "She comes and visits me, actually. She can do whatever she wants. She is like a lawyer or something in the no-maj world. She is a no-maj." Arihi had no issue with exclaiming that she came from a no-maj family. Most of her ancestors were no-maj. She was teased by him sure enough. "Books are more interesting than people, Chase. Books don't try to lie or control you like people would." Arihi did not have issue with people lying to her, but her father wanted to control her education.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back