Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Snapped
Tamalia watched as the lake sparkled under the moon light, the lake was so shiny and the sky so clear that there was a perfect reflection of the night sky, it was so pretty that it almost made Tamalia forget about why she came out here, but then it all came back, she had to learn responsibility before her innocent kind hearted baby brother came. ‘So I come to the lake after dark?’ she asked herself, mentally kicking herself, it seemed pretty dumb to go out after dark when she was try to teach herself responsibility, she also made alot of noise in the common room waking up some first year, but Tamalia was sure she lost the girl after going all through the castle.

Tamalia turned around suddenly when she heard a twig break; she was on edge tonight, why? She was not sure, she pulled out her slender wand, it had been her companion for two years and she was completely comfortable with it, though it was more for defence and she was Tamalia was not afraid to attack if need be. “Who is there?” She called in a warning tone, one that said: I am not afraid.

Willow yawned, being cooped up in the Gryffindor house trying to finish off the last of classes did not make Willow very happy. Hearing someone leave the common room, Willow listened out for signs of movement before hiving up on her notes and leaving her desk into a mess, she made her way down to the Great Hall for a quick bite before making her way outside. Sure, she knew that she's breaking the school rules but every night as Willow gazed out of her dorm window she could see students pacing out side.

Telling herself that she'll only spend a few minutes taking a brisk walk to breathe in the night air before turning back to the castle, she made her way down the gravel path to the Lakefront, the stars were out and the lake was sparkling, stepping on a twig, Willow froze as a voice called out;

"Who is there?"

Willow wasn't sure how to reply, if it was a professor, she'll be doomed and land herself in detention for doing something she knew she wasn't supposed to do. But deciding if it was a professor, she'd turn herself in - knowing it was probably the best thing she could do in the moment.
"...W...Willow Autumn." Willow stumbled over her words, she wanted to flee but she knew that'll just land her into deeper trouble.

Tamalia’s threatening demeanour changed when she heard the voice of a young girl, shaking her head she smiled. “Sorry I scared you, Im just jumpy these days, come sit enjoy.” She said patting down the grass next to her and looking back to the lake, it was still beautiful. Tamalia turned back to the girl, she reminded Tamalia so much of her baby brother, though he was no longer a baby. “Im Tamalia Kaster, nice to meet you Willow, so what are you doing out here on this fine night?” She questioned, first years these days were quite spineless, Tamalia had not met one first year that had gone to the cliffs or the forbidden forest like she had when she came here, though she was scared out of her mind when she managed to get out of the forest, she still went through there and even found a nice little place among the bushes, but she had not gone there for a long time as she was yet to find someone to go adventuring with her, there was no fun in adventuring by yourself, maybe when Sammy comes to Hogwarts he will join her.

Willow breathed out in a sigh of relief - it was only another student.

She walked over to the girl whose name was Tamalia, and sat down beside her, still gazing out to the lake, it was mesmerizing.
"Hi Tamalia, nice to meet you" She gave the girl a smile, "I decided to go for a walk, I mean I know i'm breaking the school rules right now, but it seems everyone takes a stroll in the dark before heading to bed, plus I needed some fresh air, been cooped up in the common room all day." She shrugged. It felt weird to be talking to someone she just met so casually, but maybe it was because the girl happened to be in the same common room and someone who happened to be older. Willow felt at ease when she was talking to someone who was older than herself, but being around the other first years made her feel self conscious.

"How are you finding the year so far?" Willow asked, trying to make light conversation.

Tamalia watched the girl walk over to her and sit down, she did not care very much that the girl did not give her name, she may not like giving her name to people she just met and Tamalia respected that, she was the same when she first came to Hogwarts, she had always been with her older siblings and then she suddenly was alone and had not seen them for quite some time, she did wonder how they were doing, but she wouldn’t be alone for too long, her baby brother was coming next year. Tamalia laughed slightly. “It’s true, nearly everyone goes for a walk at night, its more calming than doing it at day time dont you think? The lake can only be this beautiful at dark there’s certainly no moonlight before dark.” She joked.

“Im finding this year quite uneventful, you see in my first year I got the living daylights scared out of me from going into the forest and nearly falling off the cliffs, but I haven’t found anything else that can scare me.” She explained, Tamalia was the person who loved to adventure, but not alone, she did not get why you should explore by yourself because there’s no-one to share the experience with"How are you finding it?".

Willow nodded; "I agree, back home I used to go for a walk in the night time to clear my head and relax a little, it's something about being in near darkness that just makes you relax a little." Willow shrugged, as much as she loved Hogwarts in the daytime, where you can see the architecture and the bright flowers, Willow was sure she loved Hogwarts as much in the night time when all the Castle Window's shines out the lights emitting from the inside and the moon reflecting from the lake's edge, it was something to marvel at really and she wished she had a camera to photograph it.

"I'm finding it...well as you put it uneventful, going to the forbidden forest for Herbology with Professor Styx was literally just scary." Willow casually missed the part how she casually wandered into the Forbidden Forest prior to the Herbology Lesson with Christopher Wright and how she casually thought the Herbology lesson was boring. But it was something that Tamalia didn't need to know.

Willow gazed out onto the sparkling lake, entranced by it's beauty and serene state, by day the lake was splashed about, Students going out for a swim and having a good time, but by night the lake was silent and still. Willow breathed in the night air and exhaled, she was truly happy to be at a place like Hogwarts.

Tamalia nodded. “Back home it is really crowded, and we are not allowed to use magic.” Tamalia explained, both her parents were magical, but three of her sisters were squibs, so the three of them would not become jealous or feel left out. “But the house is slowly becoming quieter, now that three of my sisters have decided to move out I only have to live with my brothers and my other sister.” When Tamalia had finished she realised she forgot her parents. “And my parents of course.” She added with a laugh, it was weird for her to forget about her parents.

Tamalia nodded. “I dont like Herbology, dont get me wrong I think Professor Styx is great, it’s just that I have not got a green thumb and man eating and poisonous plants just dont appeal to me much.” She explained. “Change of subject, do you have a pet?” She asked, a smile on her pale face, In Tamalia’s opinion she owned the best pet you could ever have, Starshine, her pet bat, Starshine at the moment was in the sky flapping around and if Tamalia whistled for her she would come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back