Cotton Candy Heart

Troye Smith

OOC First Name
Cole
"Come on! Let's go!" Troye tugged on the arm of her babysitter. She was just going to a park, she wasn't even sure why she needed a baby sitter. It was a play date after all, how much trouble could two wand-less children get into? The pink headed child used one hand to tug at the arm still, the other holding her braid to the side of her head. Isla had insisted on braiding it before she went out, but Troye liked it better left down. Already she'd tried to pull her hair tie out twice now, only to have it slipped back in and to be reprimanded. She'd whine a bit, but silence herself as soon as he mentioned taking her home.

Troye wasn't even sure who she was here to become friends with. She was sure knowing Isla that it was a pureblood. She wondered if it was a boy or a girl, would they like cats? Troye loved them after all - her shirt portrayed that with the galaxy print and the small furry kittens on it. Her leggings would be cats as well, but she was told that leggings with cats on them were not appropriate for a play date. Why that was, the young girl would never understand. Finally after immense tugging, they arrived at the park. Not the babysitter would fin her new playmate, and Troye would have the chance to make friends. She really just hope they liked cats.

Today was going to be a great day! Ryuu Arai was finally allowed outside the house, with the assistance of Ichiro. Ryuu was not the youngest sibling anymore, since his mom just had twins. Ryuu was one of the more unique siblings. His hair was blonde. And it was natural. His eyes were still dark brown. With Ichiro's hand in one hand, and a stuffed white rabbit with his other hand. He was feeling really happy. He was skipping, and a little small for his age. He was going to play with someone, and he didn't know who it was. All his mom said was that it was from a good, pureblood family, since he could not associate himself with anything but. Ryuu did not even know what it meant. He had a small bandage around his arm where the doctors took some blood.

He heard his brother say, "Be good, and make us proud," in Japanese. Beaming, he replied, "Yes, brother!" He was wearing a white shirt, with black pants. He almost looked dressed up for a play date, but he didn't care. Looking ahead, he noticed that there was a park, and girl there with amazing hair. "Is that her?" Ryuu asked. His brother told him to use English, and then released him from his grip. Ryuu ran over toward the girl, clenching his rabbit in the meantime. He greeted as soon as he stopped, "Hi! I'm Ryuu!" He had to remember to use his name properly, since he was used to introducing himself as Arai Ryuu. He looked back at his brother, who was talking on the phone to someone. A muggle device? That was forbidden!

There was a sudden shyness that came over Troye when she was approached by the boy. Her large, brown eyes averted to the ground, hidden behind thick brown lashes. Her cotton candy colored hair matched the pink eyebrows that raised as she finally looked at him. Her first thought was of the stuffed animal in his arms. A rabbit. "I'm Troye." She spoke in an even tone, her voice high much like the chimes at home, her accent thick and foreign to this land, and most likely this boy. The petite girl looked back for her sitter whom was now sitting on a park bench and reading a book. Perfect.

"What's yer rabbits name?" She asked, pointing to the fluffed stuffed animal. All of her stuffed cats had names, many of them were named after stars and constellations - Troye loved stars after all. "Come on, let's go." She said with a grin, reaching out to grab the boy's hand before tugging him along to the merry ground, a bit far out of the site of the two adults. "Do ye like cats?" She asked with a grin once she was seated on the rainbow colored contraption, feet planted on the ground to move her back and fourth a bit.

Ryuu cocked his head slightly to the side when the girl seemed to become really shy. That was the last thing that Ryuu was. He was outgoing, friendly, and all around adorable. Her name was Troye, and he thought that was it was a little strange, but then he remembered where he was from, and then where she must be from too. The culture differences were so astounding, but he did not care! She was adorable with her hair! Her accent was really thick too but he did not mind. She asked what his rabbit's name was, and he answered, "Kiki!" He hugged it closer to himself, and loved on it. It was so adorable, and he packed it around everywhere he went.

He did not mind having a name for it, but it helped more than anything else, especially when he talked to it. He did not know many others. He named it after a movie he watched once upon a time. He had her hand in hers, before he followed after her to a merry go round. He smiled really big when he saw it, because he loved to spin! He could not see Ichiro that well, but he was sure that his older brother did not mind that much. When asked if he liked cats, Ryuu nodded, "Yeah. I love fluffy animals. Even cats. I am going to get a really fluffy one when I go to school." If he was allowed that was.

Troye's smile stayed split near in half in a smile. Her pearly whites glinted in the sunlight and she watched him hug the rabbit. "Well she's so cute!" Troye's brown eyes met his briefly and she cocked her head to the side. "Just like his owner. I like yer hair, what dye d'ye use?" She asked him with curiosity and innocence. Frankly if Ryuu didn't have fluffy hair like many cats she liked she'd have never even complimented him. Troye loved fluffed or dyed hair though, she used all kinds of different brands in her hair. She was sure that whatever country he was from - as he obviously wasn't Scottish - had a whole other plethora of amazing dyes.

Troye watched to see if he would sit, and once they were together on the merry go round she inched to sit next to him, with legs crossed Indian style. "Where are you goin' tae school? I wanna go to Hogwarts New Zealand. Mum says no though." She spoke bitterly. Her face changed from a smile to a frown for a brief moment before snapping back. "I told her I need a cat from here if i got to school here. Because my cat needs to have the same accent so the other cats don' make funna him."

The girl named Troye called Kiki cute, and made Ryuu only squeeze her more. He wished he could have a real bunny in the future, but he was too young to handle such a responsibility. She also called him cute, which he didn't blush or anything because he was used to it. Any time he went out in public, he was always called a cute person. Most of the time a cute girl, but a compliment is a compliment. "Um, I don't. It is natural for me or something." Ryuu didn't use hair dyes on his hair, but truth be told, it was due to a transfiguration accident from his older brothers. It changed the color of his hair. Of course, Ryuu didn't know this. He hopped onto the merry go round and sat down next to her. He brought his legs up to his chest, and looked toward her. "My mom wants me to stay home because of the doctor visits. My older brothers are fighting her for me to go to a magical school with other children. But cats have accents? I thought they only spoke the meow language!" Ryuu raised an eyebrow. He may have been smart for his age, but he did not know a lot about cats. Maybe she meant a smarter breed capable of speech?

Troye chuckled watching the older boy squeeze at his stuffed bunny. "That's amazin'!" She exclaimed, reaching out to touch the locks, happy to see it was indeed fairly soft. She continued to smile and listen to him as he spoke. "Doctors visits? Yer sick? Feel better!" She urged him with an earnest tone. "I hope ye get to go. Me mum doesn't want me to go to a school either. But I'm gonna go to Hogwarts New Zealand and I know it!" She spoke with confidence. "And of course they do! Like you and me! I live in Scotland and so does me cat. So when we move she'll sound like a scot like me. But if I get one from New Zealand it would sound like them!" Her voice was matter a fact, as if it should have been obvious.

Ryuu kept a strong hold on his bunny, seeing as he hated anything to get their hands on it. But he flinched a little when she touched the blonde hair on his head. He smiled though, showing that he did not mind it. He was just not used to people touching his head. “Some of my other siblings have blonde hair too. Cannot figure out why because my parents have dark hair.” Ryuu did not quite understand it, but he, and his many siblings, did look similar. Just the hair was different because the older brother loved changing his hair color, and as a result, the siblings followed suit. Ryuu shook his head, “No, I’m not sick. They are just checking my blood each week to make sure I am tip top shape!” Such a lie he has been fed, but Ryuu had no idea. It was not in his place to know within the house. “My older sister, Yuki, was able to go. Not sure about the others. Kei and Rei are very good with convincing mom.” When she spoke about the cats and having their own accents, he simply smiled. He did not really know what to say to that, so he just nodded and smiled.

Troye was not perceptive, and thus did not notice the way he flinched at her touching his hair. She kept eyes on his smile and removed her hand after a moment of feeling the soft hair on his head. Her large brown orbs were consistently filled with wonder, always asking questions and giving opinions even when unwelcome. It was something that drove Isla crazy she was sure. "Eww with needles?" The rose-haired woman shuddered at the thought. Even though she admired tattoos like pretty roses and tattooed cats - only in muggle magazines that she snuck to the house - she hated the idea of needles. It was a common fear for many children though.

"You sound like you have a big family too! Do you like everyone in your family? Do you have any pets? Pets are the best!" Her childlike wonder never stopped, her head constantly filled with amazing and crazy ideas.

Ryuu gave a short nod when she said with needles. That was the only way to take blood and have shots. It was a little difficult at times, because he would have bruises on his pale skin. Because of this, Ryuu did not have a fear of needles. It was things like that which made Ryuu unique, but going to Hogwarts soon, it was going to make him miss his family so very much. "I have a really big family. I have many brothers and sisters. I do love them all, but some are a little more scary than others. My oldest is expecting a baby too! Or he might have been born already. But no, mom won't let any one of us have pets unless it is at school. Mom is very strict." Ryuu wanted to be able to have some freedom. School was most freedom he'd likely get in a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back