Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Lesbian
Wand
Knotted 11 1/2" Sturdy Acacia Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Mazikeen had finished applying a little fresh coat of lipstick before she headed out of the school and on to the grounds. Though winter was in full force she was still enjoying the little sunshine that they got, even if it wasn’t particularly warm. It was early afternoon and the sun was still high in the sky, she was walking towards the lakefront, it was a nice day and it would certain be wasted inside, even if it wasn’t overly warm. She had a book with her of course, a care of magical creatures books which she had borrowed from the library, the exam was right around the corner and it was the only class she wanted to do well in. The girl put down a blanket on the grass and sat upon it on the grass. The grass was dry but she would still rather sit on something softer and warmer. Mazikeen was smiling easily to herself as she looked out over the water, a satisfied look on her face as she did so. It was a nice day, the sun felt nice, there was barely a breeze in the air, and there was a relative silence as most people opted to not come outside during the exam period. The teen opened the book after a few minutes just enjoying the view and then just started reading. The girl had thoroughly enjoyed the last semester, she had loved care of magical creature class a whole lot and she didn’t feel particularly nervous about the upcoming exams. She was fairly certain that she would be just fine.

The blonde was almost at the end of her fourth year and she wasn't that happy. Athena wished to follow in Evelyn's footsteps, but she came to the conclusion that how hard she tried she was not as good as she want to be. Her grades were bad this year and she figured there were more people better than her. And other than that she missed something in her life, seeing people happy with eachother. Athena wanted that too, and perhaps she was now longing for a prince charming or a story but it was what she wanted, or at least what she thought was missing. The blonde decided to take a walk outside and enjoy the sun a bit. Perhaps she could ever get some flowers to decorate the bedroom. Athena walked through the grass and not exactly a goal of where to go. But suddenly she saw a blonde girl sitting in the grass with a book. And when she walked by she noticed it was Mazi. Athena looked if she seemed busy but if she wanted to study she would understand too. Perhaps she needed too. But all the hope for a change of becoming prefect seemed gone. Mazikeen seemed way more better than she was. Mazi seemed confident, and Athena wanted that too. She thought she was but at this time she doubted more than ever of herself and her future.
'' Hey Mazi. Why are you all sitting by yourself?'' The blonde than asked with a smile and went sitting next to the girl. She than looked at the book and went with her hand through the grass. '' How are your grades?'' Athena than asked her friend. She could use some positive and just her best friend and had a feeling Mazi had it all under control. Also the blonde asked herself if she was doing ok, she wanted to be there for her friend since she had been coming out. At least to Athena and the blonde was proud of her friend. She was really brave.
'' So how are you doing? Do you look forward of going home or?'' The blonde than asked her friend.

Mazikeen enjoyed the cool air, she enjoyed the soft sounds of the lake. It wasn’t as warm as it could be and it was definitely not summer but she was wrapped up warmly enough that it didn’t particularly bother her. She’d always more of an outdoorsy person, though she didn’t always appear to, she liked the combination of wearing nice clothes and wearing make up and the muckiness of being outside, of getting hands dirty. She didn’t see why there should be any problem or even just out of the ordinary for her to have a fresh coat of red lipstick on her lips and dirt under her painted nails. Maze liked being femine as much as she liked being outside. She was distracted from her work and her own musing when a voice called out, and she broke into an easy smile, ”Athena!” she greeted warmly, looking towards her best friend. They’d been close since first year and she wouldn’t ever want to change that for the world. ”I’m studying, a little,” she replied with a little smile, ”And just enjoying the fresh air. Don’t really need to do that with others,” Mazikeen smiled however, ”But, I’d welcome the company,” she offered for her to join her, but Athena hadn’t needed much prompting to sit with her, ”They’re good, not brilliant but good, I’m getting mostly EEs, I’m hoping to push up my care of magical creatures grade up a little. How are yours?” Maze returned. At the last comment she nodded, ”I’m good! I’m looking forward to going home, only if it’ll mean I don’t need to be studying so much. How about you?”

Athena thought it was really special that since day one she and Mazi were spending time together. She remembered their first meeting very well and it seemed like yesterday. And now they would go to their fifth year after the break. She knew Mazi now five years almost, that was crazy and special. And Athena really liked it. Sometimes she figured if she needed to talk to more people like Evelyn did. She had some close friends too, and Athena figured having one best friend was more worth than having more but not actually knowing if they were friends or just people that liked to hang out with you. Athena smiled at her best friend and looked into the air, her long blonde hair waved to her back and it was just what she needed right now some fresh air. She than listened to Mazi. '' That's true. But more fun with me perhaps!'' She than joked and was glad that she was welcome. Athena smiled shortly when she heard of the grades Mazi were getting and she just knew her friend was way better in classes than she was. '' That is really good! I think that is brilliant. My grades are so much worse this year. Could use some EE's.'' Athena than said a little bit disapointed. She was happy for her friend though,. Mazi worked hard for it and that paid of it seemed. Athena tried to, but sometimes she just forgot the time when spending time writing music or singing songs. Why wasn't that a subject here? Magical music or something, that would be fun. Most of the classes were a lot of theory or just performing spells. How about the creative sides? She thought of the Talent show that Evelyn had hosted and since than Athena became more confident about her musical skills.

She than looked back at her friend. '' Care of Magical Creatures. Is that fun? Which creature do you like most?'' Athena liked Charms the most, and she wanted to do better in the class. Though it was her best subject by far. Athena thought of going home. '' So true. I just want to start next year fresh. We can study more together than perhaps. You seem so smart, I bet you can help me. If that'ok?'' The blonde than asked her best friend. She didn't want Mazi to think she had no choice in that, if she wanted to study on her own she understood too. Athena was easily distracted, but when she went for something with a goal she was really motivated. '' But first! Vacation!! Are you having plans?'' The blonde than asked. She was thinking of working in a shop too, to get some more experiance.

Maze smiled at her friend and nodded in agreement, ”Way more fun with you around,” she said with a wide grin to her friend, it was definitely more fun when she was able to spend the time with a friend but it did mean she knew she’d get a little less reading done than she had maybe planned to, but it would be just fine, she’d manage just fine. Mazikeen nodded as Athena talked about her own grades and she frowned slightly, she would give her the grades if she could. Mazikeen only needed to be good at a few subjects, she only needed to do well at a few subjects. So, she would if she could. Athena in maze’s mind had never been particularly dedicated to education, liking other things like music, which in Maze’s mind was just as good as anything else, it was just a bit of a pity that there wasn’t more in the school on offer to students. They didn’t have much in the way of music classes like she knew muggle schools did. She nodded, ”That’s such a hard question! I like the animals all equally,” the teen said back, trying to think if there were any that she did like more so than the rest but it was hard, she liked them for different and varying reasons. She enjoyed them for different and varying reasons. She couldn’t pick any one that she liked most of all. So, Mazikeen was glad when Athena kept speaking meaning she didn’t have to think about it any more. The teen nodded, ”Of course I’ll help you, I’m not the smartest but I’ll definitely help you,” she said with a little smile. She didn’t know if she would be the best person to help Athena, but Athena was her friend and she would definitely help her with it. ”I don’t have any specific plans, I’ll see what my parents have decided to do. What about you?” Maze asked.

The blonde was glad that her friend seemed to be thinking the same as she did. '' Right!'' She joked and smiled at Mazi. Athena liked to be around people often too. But that was her weak spot too, sometimes it was too much fun that she forgot her concentration and what was actually what she was doing. But Mazi was serious with her studies too and Athena liked that, they could motivate eachother for sure. She smiled as Mazi had no answer on which she liked the much, perhaps she just liked them all. If they would ask her if she liked playing piano or guitar more she would find it hard to choose too. '' Are you not scared of some?'' Gabriella asked and thought of some creatures that didn't seemed that welcoming to her. But she was not really a fan of most creatures. An unicorn she would love, but more scary like a dragon that would be something else. '' If would see a dragon I would run away.'' She asked herself why she was in Gryffindor right now, but not everyone was the same. '' True Gryffindor you hear.'' Gabriella started to laugh. The blonde didn't thought they had dragons on this school, but she didn't followed the same class as Mazi did. Gabriella was glad her friend wanted to help so that was settled for next year. Now it was time for a break. '' Thanks! I think you are smart, so you will be a good teacher. ''Gabriella said and felt the grass with her hand again, it was really nice to be outside. She decided to lay down for a moment and feel the sun on her skin. Than she looked to Mazi. '' No specific plans too. I guess we will visit family in Denmark as usual. Go to Emilia and her parents.'' Athena than said with a smile.

Mazikeen thought for a moment, ”We haven’t really done any scary animals,” she conceded with a little smile, ”It’ll just depend on what you’re afraid of really,” she mused. In the same way that some people had favourite animals, and that varied from one to another, it had to vary with what animals people found scary. She also didn’t imagine that it had much to do with being a gryffindor. She smiled as Athena noted that she would’ve run away from a dragon. Mazikeen found it a little funny that her other friend Fleur loved dragons more than anything else but she laughed lightly with Athena before lightly shaking her head and saying, ”You’re a gryffindor, a true gryffindor, Athena,” She wanted to at least assure her friend that perhaps she might not be brave in one sense but she could certainly be in others.
She knew it was meant lightly, in jest but she hoped that there was no part of Athena that believed it. After all were it not for her being in Gryffindor with Maze, then they might not have ended up as good friends. She definitely wouldn’t have wanted that. She smiled and nodded, ”I’ll help you in any way you need it!” she agreed and nodded as Athena talked about her own family. ”I always forget you have family outside of New Zealand, it must be so cool to go to Denmark, I bet it’s real nice there,” Mazikeen said, wanting to hear more about Athena and her travels, where she went and what it was like to be from another place. Mazikeen herself was only from these parts and though it didn’t bother her much and she had travelled, she could still admit that Denmark sounded cool, as did having family who lived in far off places.

Athena was interested in what Mazi would tell her about the animals. She was interested in what other people liked to do and why they liked it and was mostly a person that asked a lot to get more information or just be interested in someone else. And with her best friend she knew ofcourse a lot already, but you could always get to know people more she figured. '' If you have seen a scary animal you have to tell me! But which creature would scare you?'' The blonde asked her friend and was wondering if Mazi had an answer to that, perhaps she hadn't seen any yet, but she could have read about it. Athena smiled as her friend told her she was a true Gryffindor. It must be right, because the sorting hat would not place her if she wasn't one. Evelyn would not face a dragon too she figured, it made her laugh a little. Perhaps she looked like Evelyn after all. '' Thanks Mazi. I guess I am. People always think that Gryffindors are not afraid of anything, but that is not true I guess.'' Athena explained there were some kind of stereotype things. And she thought like that before too, but saw so many different people in Gryffindor. Athena hadn't been in the forbidden forest yet, and she didn't actually had the feeling of going there. Well she came there for lessons with a professor but that was different.

Mazi was being so kind and Athena just hoped that Mazi would find someone as sweet as hers for her too. A girl and Athena would sure look out for her friend, she didn't want her to be hurt. She figured not everyone thought like her about falling for the same gender. Athena could not really see herself having those feelings, she started to like boys more and more. And felt sometimes a bit jealous of her cousin who dated a really handsome boy. Athena wanted that happiness too. For now it was just a dream in her head.
'' Denmark is cool. You should come along sometime! My cousin Emilia lives there she is in Hufflepuff do you know her? Sometimes I miss it, but England is fine too. '' Athena than explained. She than looked back at her friend.

Mazikeen thought about it and tried to think of an animal that scared her. She had never been particularly afraid of creatures before, there were other things that scared her but creatures weren’t really it. ”Animals don’t really scare me, like dementors are creepy but I’m not afraid of them,” Mazikeen replied, ”I’m not really scared of animals, I’m scared of other stuff but not animals,” Maze told her with a little shrug. It had never really been something she’d been afraid of. ”Creatures are just creatures,” she said with a bit of a shrug maybe Athena was a little more afraid of creatures than Maze was which was why she was asking about it. ”Are you afraid of some creatures?” Mazikeen decided to return the question a little curious about her. At the very least it would also just help her get to know her friend a little better. She smiled softly as her friend went into a little about the houses stereotypes, she could sense from others and from Athena herself that they could maybe be a little difficult especially when you were maybe a bit unlike them. ”You don’t have to be brave in all of the ways, just some of them,” Mazikeen smiled at her friend. She nodded at her as she gave a little as she spoke, she didn’t know about Emilia other than from classes, ”She dates that Slytherin chaser from out year right?” Mazikeen didn’t know her much, only from classes and what others had said about her. ”Do you think you’ll live in England after school?” Given that graduation was nearly upon them and despite being several years before they would graduate themselves, she couldn’t help but think of future plans.

Athena felt really suprised by how brave Mazi seemed to be. She had read about dementors and heard of them in the lessons and it would be really scary she figured. Athena didn't want to be powerless like in some stories that a prince would safe the princess, she wanted to be the prince and princess both. But while hearing this she wanted to be more like Mazi. '' Wow..'' She started off and looked at Mazi. '' What are you scared of than? I think you are really brave. '' Mazi was brave for being who she was already, and telling her that she liked girls. If Athena would be in the same boat she would be so scared. But she thought a lot of what people would think of her. And than Mazi returned the question to her. '' Well.. Dementors scare me. And big creatures with big teeth.'' She than explained but perhaps they were nice, but they seemed scary to her. She than nodded in agreement with Mazi about being brave. Mazi knew Derek and she nodded again. '' Yes Derek. He is really kind.'' Athena than said with a smile. She had never thought of playing quidditch it was not something for her she figured. And Athena had no idea what she would do with living in England or not. '' I'm not sure yet. Depends on what I want to do. Which I don't know yet. You?'' Athena wanted to know more about Mazi and if she liked someone or had feelings, Athena liked to talk about those things with friends.

Mazikeen smiled shyly as Athena asked what she was scared of, ”I don’t know, being replaced, or dying, maybe not animals but other things,” She was close with Athena but she didn’t think they’d ever talked about fears, perhaps being scared of something like a creature would be easier than attempting she was scared about being replaced. More irrational fears, she also didn’t think of herself as any more brave than Athena, just different sort of brave. Dementors and things with big teeth scaring Athena felt rather mundane but honest next to Maze’s own admission. At the confirmation of the derek guy Maze nodded, ”He was the one that Professor Styx put under that spell. God, professor styx is horrible isn’t he,” Mazikeen couldn’t help but say, she had found it hard to get that lesson out of her head, something so horrid about it, how little the man had cared. At the mention of the future Maze gave a little half nod, ”I’d really want to work in the zoo, I just love animals and it would be so nice to work with magical creatures, at least I think so,” Mazikeen had been sure of herself for a while, sure of what she wanted to do and she was actively seeking out to do well in things that would help her achieve her goal. ”I think I’ve always kinda known what I wanted to do, now i’m just working towards a goal,”

Athena listend as her friend had to come up with what she would be scared off. These were kind of deep conversations and this was just the depth their friendship could use she figured. Since they spend so much time together. But still there was room to get to know eachother better. '' Sounds scary indeed.. I'm kind of scared of small rooms.. a bit different than a large creature with big teeth.'' Athena than said a bit ashamed but she had to smile of it. She got it very warm while thinking of that, so took a sip of the water she brought along in her back. She than went sitting straight again and went sitting across Mazi. Perhaps she was more scared of small rooms and being in there than a big creature after all. If she could choose one she figured she would choose that. Than it went about Derek and she listened as Mazi told about Styx. He was one scary too. '' Omg yeah. That was terrible. That man is scary too. We could make a whole list of things it sounds.'' Athena than said and grinned. She liked Misha way better than Styx. He was not scary at all. Athena than listened to Mazi and what she wanted to do in the future. Mazi loved animals so it would be no suprise what she heard. '' That's so good. Evelyn my cousin had that too. I kind of don't know yet. I'm curious when I know..'' Athena than looked at Mazi, she seemed so confident. Athena was glad to have such a friend as her. The blonde took another sip of her water and looked at Mazi. '' I think when you will do your very best, you will achieve it for sure!'' Athena than said. She thought about music and singing, but she didn't exactly thought that could be a carreer, she had to have the confidence from Evelyn than and build something from the ground. But if you could ask what she liked doing the most it was singing and making music.

Mazikeen was pleased that at least with her sharing her fears with Athena it had led the other girl to sharing a few of her own fears with Maze. It wasn’t a necessary exchange but she did feel the better for knowing her friend a little bit more. She liked getting to know her friends and it would always be good information to have in the back of her mind for if ever something happened. She’d know instantly what was up. Mazikeen gave a little laugh at the comment, and nodded, ”A whole list!” she joked, of course a list of fears and then of mutual fears was an easy list to come up with, it maybe wasn’t something they should do, but it was fun to joke about. Mazikeen couldn’t help the light blush at Athen’a compliment, ”Aw, I hope so. I’ve been wanting to do it for ages,” Mazikeen gave her a little smile. She was glad that she had something to work towards, she couldn’t imagine how frustrating it might be to not know what to work towards. She had her own goals and her own aspirations and she want to do to get to any of them. It was now a matter of Mazikeen putting in the work for it. ”do you have no clues at all?” She asked Athena, there was still plenty of time to decide but she was curious about if Athena had any vague ideas or if it were just nothing at all. ”Not even something like music related?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back