Confrontation

Mike Gray

Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Mike was heading back from the Great Hall, still thinking heavily about the other day when he stormed out at the Yule Ball. His thoughts flickered from Bella to Aiden, when he gave him evils. Mike wanted to like Aiden, but was sure that the issue with Bella would drive them away and probably a feud. Mike still hadn't seen Bella, but he had been staying in his room for most of the day, only for the occasional toilet break, and for dinner.

Isabella had just arrived back at the castle not too long ago and she was curious to see if Aiden was back. She left her stuff in her dorm room knowing she'd unpack later and headed up to the Gryffindor tower in the new dress she had gotten for Christmas. She decided she would wait until a Gryffindor came along and she'd ask them to see if Aiden was there for her. As she was walking she perked her head up and immediately stopped in her tracks. Mike.

Instantly knots tied in her stomach at the sight of him. The last time she had seen him he had stormed out of the Yule Ball after she told him it was too soon to get with anyone. Throughout her break she had been thinking about Aiden but that didn't mean that she hadn't thought about Mike either. She felt bad for rejecting him like that but it wasn't a direct no, she had just told him it was too soon.

Deciding not to just stand there speechless and looking like an idiot, she spoke up. "Hi," she said nervously with a weak smile to him as she ran her fingers through her newly cut short hair. After she had turned thirteen she had decided to go for something different.

"Hi stranger" Mike said with a weak smile. Mustering his courage he stood up, and went over. "Hey, you look stunning" Mike said smiling. "Well I just wanted to apologise for my act at the Yule Ball. It was immature of me to storm off like that, I hope I didn't ruin your night" Mike added sympathetically. "Sorry once again" Mike said again.

Isabella's smile grew wider once she noticed the friendly tone in Mike's voice, at least he wasn't bitter about the Yule Ball. "Thanks," she said sheepishly when he complimented her. "You look good too," she decided to add with a flirty smile. As soon as he began apologizing Isabella shook her head, "No it's okay," she said after he had apologized. "I just wish you would've stayed, I was having fun with you," she said with an honest smile.

"Thanks" Mike said smiling meekly. "No but I think it is my place to apologise, and I wish looking back now, I had stayed. It was fun" Mike said forcing a smile. Mike walked over and put his hand round her, giving her a hug, and without hesitation, gave her a peck on the cheek. He pulled back quickly . "Sorry" Mike said, "But you gave me one at the Ball, so I thought I'd pay you back for it" Mike said, with a little flash in his eye.

Isabella was surprised when Mike came over and put his arm around her for a hug but she smiled and wrapped her own small arms around him. His next gesture caught her even more off guard so she couldn't help but blush a deep pink when he kissed her on the cheek. She hoped it would quickly subside and she gave a light, girlish laugh at his reasoning for why he kissed her. "Well thanks," she said sweetly though she felt awkward saying it. Were you supposed to say thanks when someone kissed you on the cheek? She didn't know but she'd already said it so she couldn't take it back. She ran her fingers through her short hair, still feeling a little uneasy about its length, but she thought it made her look more innocent. Just what she needed if she wanted to redeem herself from the first semester and see if she still had a shot at Prefect. "So, how were your holidays?" she asked, before realizing she hadn't yet released him from her hug. She quickly unwrapped her arms around him and pulled away sheepishly.

Aiden walked out of the common room, surprised to see Mike and Isabella hugging and kissing each other's cheeks. He cleared his throat ruffly and muttered icily, "Get away from her." He narrowed his blue eyes on the older boy hugging his girl friend and straightened to his full height which was oddly tall for someone his age, actually it was the average height for someone a few years older then himself. "Bella, what are you doing with this moron?" he asked her in French.

"You can't tell me what to do?" Mike asked rhetorically, walking closer to Aiden. "Last thing I heard, you weren't together, so I don't see how this is any of your business" Mike said trying to keep calm. Who does this guy think he is? Mike asked himself. Mike gripped his hand on his wand, which was stowed away in his back pocket, out of sight.

Upon hearing Aiden's voice, anger clearly evident in it, Isabella backed away from Mike out of reflex. However Mike's reasoning that she and Aiden weren't together after all made her think twice about her actions. He was right, they weren't together, so she had free reign to do what she pleased. She looked from the two boys back and forth momentarily as she crossed her arms over her chest.

She heard Aiden speak to her in French and sighed, she knew that was a sign that he was either extremely upset, or hurt. "Aiden, don't call him that," she replied in perfect French. She hadn't just been telling him not to call him that but she was rather warning him not to start anything with Mike. Her voice wasn't defensive, but calm and rational. "We were just greeting and welcoming each other back to the castle," she added this time in English so that Mike could understand. She smiled at Aiden, hoping he hadn't seen the kiss that Mike had given her on the cheek.

Aiden narrowed her eyes at Mike and said, "I'll do as I please you Saukrel!" He exhaled deeply then looked over at Isabella and asked in French, "What was that kiss Bells?" He crossed his arms against his chest and glared at Mike with pure hatred, breathing deeply as he waited for their response. "You little esel," he swore in German once more, but it was under his breath and completely inaudible.

"Well Aiden, from that little statement there, I can see why people do dislike you" Mike said getting angry. "If you haven't something to say, then say it in English" Mike retorted having no idea what he was saying. "Aiden I suggest that you leave, or calm down before things turn nasty" Mike warned him hoping he would leave but would settle for the latter.

Isabella turned to look at Mike and gave him a warning glare and then turned to Aiden to give him the same look. It seemed time in Bulgaria had given Aiden chance to learn newer words, which she couldn't understand. However she didn't have to know German to know that he was saying some mean things to Mike. "That kiss was nothing, it's just a kiss on the cheek," Bella replied in French so Mike wouldn't be able to understand. She didn't want Mike to hear her say that, she was still unsure how she felt about them. She bit her lip in anxiety, not knowing what to do next.

Aiden smirked at Mike's words then responded, "Do you really think I care?" He smirked once more then gave a side ways glance at Bella. "At least it's not Theo," he muttered under his breath and in Bulgarian. Aiden looked back at Mike and sneered.

"You know Aiden, I wish now I hadn't give you the benfit of the doubt know and went along with the majority of people that don't like you. You are a rude, childish and immature boy who needs to be taught some manners and needs to show some respect" Mike said talking down to him. Can't he just go away??!! Mike told himself.

Isabella had no idea what Aiden had said since it was in Bulgarian but she did understand Theo's name so she couldn't be sure whether he said something good or bad. As Mike began talking down to Aiden, Bella had to admit his words held some truth in them. There was no need for Aiden to be so mean to Mike because they weren't together. "Look, Mike and I are just friends," she said to Aiden. "And you and I are just friends too," she added with an eyebrow raised. "There's not much of a difference between the two of you. A kiss on the cheek from Mike means the same thing as a kiss on the cheek from you," she explained rather lamely. She tried to make it seem like both kisses from both boys meant nothing more than friendship but she knew otherwise, she just hoped it could pass as just a friendly gesture and nothing more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back