Confrontation

Brandon Coffield

Wand
Hplly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2" essence of griffin feather
Brandon had been in foul mood since the Yule Ball, he had felt betrayed and used by Joceline. Perhaps at the end of the day that sounded harsh but it was how he felt, she had agreed to go with him only to leg it out after seeing some other guy dancing with another girl. Where was the sense in that? Where was the rationality? He had so wanted to go after her and jinx her or something but instead he had simply gone to the North Tower to gloom about the whole situation, only to meet up with his friend Willow. Now she was a friend, unlike Joceline. Willow he could count on, even if she did always state her case abruptly putting him in his place. He didn't like it always but she was honest at least and that he liked about her.

He had hidden himself away in the dorm room or the library since it happened. couldn't wait to get home for Christmas break but now that they had returned to school he just wanted to keep to himself again and just plough on with his school work. He seriously didn't care if he never met Joceline again but thought that if he did, he might just cast some awful spell on her just for the sake of it.

Joceline walked into the library tiredly, she had been looking for Brandon everyday since she had gotten back but it was no use, he didn't want to be found, and she couldn't find him. She really hadn't meant to do that to him but she had suddenly felt very sick as they were getting back onto the dance floor. She had a book in her hands, not anything new, it was an old muggle love story. She had been reminded by Professor Rambolt during her Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson that she hadn't read Pride in Prejudice in a long time. And she wasn't reading anything she had to commit to now so like the bookworm she was she fished through the tons of books she had in her dorm and read as she walked to the library, in hopes to find a quiet place.

When she reached it she walked into an isle, as all of the tables were full and she didn't fancy talking to anyone she didn't know now. She was feeling much too guilty for that. When she reached the end of the isle she smiled to herself and sat down comfortably and continued reading to herself.

Brandon was putting some of the larger text books out that he had borrowed over Christmas break when he recognised the girl sitting at the end of the aisle. It was Joceline and a surge of anger shot through him.
'Look at her just sitting there as if she hasn't done anything at all wrong' he muttered, he really was taking this way too seriously but then again it had been his first formal dance and his first time being jilted. He should maybe get used to this feeling, it certainly wasn't going to be his last.

He walked down towards the table, with a hundred and one cool things to say to her but the nearer he got the stupider they all sounded until he was left with a completely blank brain when he finally reached her. What to do now? What to say? Brandon stupidly just bumped her chair as he turned to walk away again.

Joceline glanced upwards to see Brandon muttering something, about her no less. She frowned guiltily and she bit her lip as he walked towards her, was he going to yell at her? Oh not in the library please, Rosaline will punish me so, she thought as if she was saying it aloud but she wouldn't she knew that she deserved worse for what she did. As he just bumped her chair and turned to walk away her eye brows raised with confusion. What had been the point of that?

"Brandon?" she asked in a small, sheepish voice. "I'm sorry," she added as she stood up and began walking towards him. She quickly passed him and turned around so he would stop walking away and just look at her and have a civilized conversation. She wasn't sure if he would believe her but she felt just awful about everything and didn't know what to do to make it up to him. "I really didn't mean to hurt your feelings if I did, I just felt really sick and I had to leave," she tried to explain but let out a bewildered sigh, almost knowing that he wouldn't believe her. But Joce didn't know that she liked Thomas in any other way then her best friend. She looked up at him with a pleading look in her bright blue eyes, she really didn't want him to hate her, he was one of her only friends, and she had wrecked it by leaving him at the ball.

Does he like me more then friends? she asked herself anxiously. "Mon dieu," she murmured to herself. She sheepishly put her hand on his shoulder as if asking the very same question to him. A million and one thoughts were running through the brunette's mind as she waited for any sort of response from the boy in before her. If he did like her what would she say? If he didn't want to be her friend anymore what would she do? She swallowed hard and closed her eyes anxiously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back