OOC First Name
Claire
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Straight 15 1/2 Inch Sturdy Acacia Wand with Veela Hair Core
The hospital wing was inundated that day - a reminder to Ray of why she did not partake in the savage sport that was quidditch. She burst into the wing, robes and bright red hair billowing behind her, and jogged down the rows of beds before anyone could tell her to leave. It was quite a nasty sight; thank goodness for magic and potions, or else half of the beds' occupants would have been stuck there for months. At last Ray caught sight of Georgina, and charged over to her side. "Lacey! That was - brutal," she panted, resting on her knees to catch her breath. "Are you OK? You look - pretty beat up." Come to think of it, an Earl's daughter playing a game like quidditch was kind of bizarre. Ray had underestimated her again.

Who won or lost the match was irrelevant by the time it was over. Georgina woke up in the hospital wing after sustaining more broken ribs than she could count. She expected that she would have her ribs fixed, something done remarkably quick with the use of magic, and she would be on her way out within a few hours. The last thing she expected however, was company. Ray came storming into the hospital wing, Georgina couldn't hide the smile on her face as the girl showed concern for her and greeted her with her new nickname that she had become quite fond of. "Ray, what are you doing here? I'm fine, its just some cuts, bruises, a few broken ribs, no big deal," She grinned to hide her grimace. Georgina was in pain, it was the first time she had ever truly injured herself baring childhood trips and falls, growing up she had never been allowed to play sports and she know suspected she had found the reason. "I'm glad you're here though,"

Ray smiled helplessly, which was very unlike her and definitely a cause for some concern. But for now, the redhead could think of nothing but how glad she was Georgina was going to be OK - and maybe how attractive she was when she smiled. Ray blushed, turning a weaker shade of her fiery roots. Straightening, she said, "'Course I'm here. You think I'd watch you take a bludger to the ribs and not come and see you?" Ray kicked off her shoes and sat down on the chair by Georgina's bedside, lifting her feet and resting them on the edge of her mattress. "How long are they keeping you for?" Ray asked, looking around at the other wounded players.

Georgina blushed, which made her feel sick to her stomach but it was nice to have someone show so much concern for her wellbeing. She couldn't help but think that if this had happened in any of her previous years the chair at the side of her bed would be empty. Georgina watched as Ray took off her shoes and curled up in the chair next to her, she reached out and rook hold of the girls hand. "Thank you, but you shouldn't worry, injuries are sexy, I imagine I won't be here long, the nurse will give me something to fix my ribs because apparently its an easy fix then I'll be on my gorgeous feet again and back in the common room,' She smiled at Ray.

Ray raised her brow and pretended to scoff, but again the gesture fell short; Georgina was quite gorgeous, even if her saying so caught Ray off guard. She looked nervously at their hands, unused to physical contact of the kind, and had to force herself not to pull away from it. It was so... girly. Ray preferred thumps on the arm. To regain some of her usual feistiness, she did just this, her free fist landing near Georgina's shoulder. "You're so vain," she said, shaking her head. "Do you care about anything besides your looks?"

Ray's jab to the shoulder was unexpected and she took it as a sign that maybe the girl was uncomfortable with being the hand holding type, but she had come to her bedside to see her, where she came from holding the patient's hand was what people did when they cared enough to barrel through the hospital looking for someone. Georgina laughed when she was told that she was vain, she couldn't deny it, she was a vain person, she was the type of person who looked in the mirror and liked what she saw, a lot and she wasn't ashamed of that. She shrugged her shoulders a little, "Yeah so?" She grinned at Ray even as she shook her head. "As a matter of fact I care about a lot of things, Quidditch, the proper way to address royalty, and I care about you," she looked away for a moment to hide any potential blush, but when one didn't surface she looked back at her fellow Slytherin, clearly she wasn't easily embarrassed even in such soppy situations as the one she was in.

Ray had not been expecting the response that came, and the way it made her feel did not altogether sit right. She fidgeted awkwardly, and then snatched away her hand to stand up abruptly. "If you care so much," she said, angling her nose into the air, "Maybe you'll come and find me once they've let you out of this place." And with that challenge hanging in the air, the redhead flounced away as suddenly as she'd entered, not completely sure yet whether she would spend the rest of the day hiding, or sitting in the common room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back