Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Sturdy Wenge Wand with Acromantula Web Core
@Wangui Yamamoto

Hyun didn't like to think he had any rivals. It was ever such a childish thing and he was sure his parents wouldn't approve of it. And yet, when it came to Wangui, it was hard not to think of her as anything but a rival. How they were always competing in the classroom, trying to one-up each other's grades, write the better homework assignments, answer as many questions as possible in the classroom. And it all was incredibly childish to him and he knew that he should be focused on his work more than the other third year, but he really couldn't help himself. So when he rounded the corner one afternoon and saw said classmate looking rather pissed off and kicking a wall, he was rather curious.

"Are you alright?" He wondered as he moved a little closer, shifting the strap of his bag over his shoulder, tilting his head at the girl. He knew that they had been given back the grades for a rather big assignment, and while Hyun had done quite well, he hadn't gotten the score he had been hoping for. But it was good enough, a couple of lost marks was not the end of the world and there was still a nice 'O' written at the top of the page in red pen. He would just have to try and work out the finer details for the next assignment so he didn't make the same mistake again.

Wangui Yamamoto had not tried hard enough. The countless nights studying and stuffing her face with oranges and carrots had been for nothing. She had done everything and more to get a perfect grade, and if she had gotten one more question wrong, she would have received an Exceeds Expectations. Further, Wan saw Hyun Ong Hae scored higher than she had, and yes, of course, she sat near him in class. It pleased her to see his frustration when he did not meet the very expectations he set for himself. Wangui was the same way, and she had f?cked up big time.

Wan screamed and uselessly kicked the wall in front of her. Pathetic! She was pathetic! Wan did not know if there would ever be a time when she didn't view Ong Hae as her rival. She hoped the time never came. Unbeknownst to Wangui, her competition with Ong Hae distracted her from the more difficult emotions she faced. Turning to see the very person prompting these feelings made her laugh lightly.
"Are you mocking me, Ong Hae?" She snarled. After promptly pulling the balled up assignment, she chucked the ball in his direction. She did not have enough energy into the throw, so it was harmless. However, the look on her face was dangerous.

He was just a little surprised at the vicious look on the girl's face as she turned to him and the equally vicious words almost spat in his direction. "No, that was not my intention," he managed to keep his composure as he looked at the girl, deciding there was no point in getting all angry himself. He supposed there was nothing for him to be angry about, he had ended up with the higher grade and while it wasn't perfect, it was something his parents would accept. And while he didn't know the exact grade Yamamoto had gotten for this particular assignment, apparently, it was bad enough to warrant this sort of reaction and bad enough for her to scrunch the assignment into a ball and chuck it at him.

Quite used to having balls chucked at him on the Qudditch pitch, the Korean boy found it easy to move his head out of the way of the projectile, turning slightly to watch the balled up paper land just a little way behind him. "Look," he sighed as he turned back around again, "I was just asking because you seem upset. I am not trying to mock you, I'm just... concerned."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back