OOC First Name
Marijke
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Curly 14 Inch Flexible Laurel Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
So far, Ivelisse had rather enjoyed her first couple of days at the school. Sure, things with the girls in her dorm weren't going as smoothly as she had hoped they would but that wasn't her fault. She wasn't the one whining about not having windows or creating problems before there had even been any problems. It just sounded ungrateful to her, but her excitement about being at the school ruled over anything else at the moment. Who knew, maybe in a couple of weeks she could actually start agreeing with them on it. Right now she didn't though and was keen on spending as much time outside of her dorm as she could. Not necessarily because she wasn't sure what she thought of her dormmates but also because there was so much of the school to see. Deciding she'd venture outside, possibly sneak off to the forest, Iva had been making her way up the stairs and towards the doors of the castle. In her mind she was already in the forest, completely oblivious to other students around her untill she bumped into one. "Watch where you're going." She accidentally snapped at the other girl, her instinct to put the blame on her when she knew very well it had been her own fault. As she was about to continue walking she almost tripped over something, looking down to see the girl had apparently been holding a book. A book that was now on the floor. A book about magical creatures. Iva could almost hear her father's voice in her head when she noticed what the book was about, telling her that people interested in magical creatures were good to be around. Ofcourse he would say that, he was one of those people himself. Nevertheless, her expression softened and she even bend down to pick up the book. She was keen to figure out whether her father's words were true, especially since she could use some more friends. "Sorry. Nice book." She said as she handed the book back to the other girl, giving her a charming smile. "Are you interested in creatures? My dad's actually a magizoologist."

slight godmod approved

Crystal was trying to find her way through the castle, but it was so big. She lost her way more often than she wanted and felt stupid for it. She was looking around her not really paying attention to where she was walking to and than someone bumped into her or she to her. And she hear something dropping on the ground, noticing it was her book she hold. Crystal looked towards the girl that spoke to her. '' So- Sorry!'' She than said and felt bad. The girl gave back her book and was suprised as the girl said her book was nice. And than an conversation started. Crystal felt bad about being so clumsy, but the girl seemed to like magical creatures. Crystal took the book back and than felt excited as the girl told her about her dad. '' Thanks..'' Crystal replied back. She than nodded excitingly at the question. '' That is very cool. You like them as well?'' She than asked back. The word cool, was cool to use. Eugene said stuff like dude and things like this as well. And Crystal tried to be cool. To not be boring.

Ivelisse shot the girl a smile when she apologized. She hadn't meant to snap at her anyways but it was nice she didn't need to defend herself either. Especially since she wasn't going to admit it had been her fault they'd run into each other now that she had already shifted the blame to the girl. "I guess it is." She shrugged casually when the girl said it was cool her dad was a magizoologist. It was a nice job and she knew he enjoyed it but she also obviously said it because the girl was reading an actual book about creatures. "I kind of have to." Iva joked when the girl asked if she liked creatures as well. She thought they were fine and some of them were certainly cute or interesting but it wasn't like she was super into creatures and all that. "But yeah, they're nice." She added with a small nod, before taking a second to observe the girl in front of her. She seemed somewhat shy but so far she was still talking to her so that was something. Wanting to get the conversation going for at least a little bit longer to figure out if this girl was nice to hang around she decided on a simple question. "So, you like being up in the towers?"

Crystal was glad the girl seemed nice and now that the girl had something really interesting for Crystal her taste she didn't mind talking to her at all. And perhaps seeing if some girls would also like her, or wanted to be her friend. The girl didn't seemed to excited and said she had to like them. Crystal was not that well in understanding jokes or not so wondered if the girl really liked the creatures. It was like her mother and sister and cousin who liked fashion and were good at it, but Crystal was not. But her mother wanted her to be like that. '' Which one is your fathers favorite?'' She than asked the girl, speaking about her passion or something she liked made it easier to make contact. '' And which is yours?'' She than asked, because she was not making conversation or trying to show interest in only her dad. She looked at the girl as she asked her if she liked being in the tower. Was it that obvious she was an Ravenclaw? But ofcourse Gryffindor had an tower as well. But than she remembered people could see from her clothes. '' Oh uh yeah, we have an beautiful view.'' She than said with an smile. Not wanting to let people know how miserable she felt about being the only Ravenclaw in her family. Than looking at the girl, noticing she was from Slytherin that ment the dungeons. '' And the dungeons?'' She than asked her shy, she would not feel good at there for sure.

Ivelisse took a second to think about the girl's question when she asked her about her father's favourite creature. She was aware that no matter how hard she'd think about it she wouldn't know. She only always half listened when her father told them stories about whatever creatures. It was nice he had such a passion for them and enjoyed his job so much, but it wasn't as much her cup of tea. She wouldn't be surprised if her sister did know the answer to that question though. "Honestly, I don't know." Iva responded with a small shrug. "I figure he's probably too nice to have a favourite." She added with a soft laugh. "Or at least say it out loud." She wasn't sure if that was true or whether her father did have a favourite but she needed to give some sort of answer. It also helped in actively avoiding the question about what her own favourite creature was since she couldn't even think of a random one to name at the moment and for some reason it felt like that wasn't going to make a good impression on the other girl. "You probably do have a favourite huh?" She asked instead, betting that the girl's favourite would probably be something small and cute like a pygmy puff. Iva smiled when the girl mentioned things were nice up in the towers. "I bet." She nodded at the mention of their view. It sounded a whole lot more pretty than they view they had from their common room. Which wasn't much. "The dungeons are fine." She answered casually. Sure, it might not be the best place in the school but she wasn't completely unhappy with it either. And if she was she certainly wouldn't go around saying that. "I'm Ivelisse, by the way." She introduced herself, looking at the girl as she waited for her to do the same.

Crystal listened as the girl answered. They were talking about her father, and he seemed very nice to her. But she wasn't here to befriend an father, but she was here for the persons at the school. She hoped that the girl would continue to be nice, as she was doing now. Crystal could understand the choosing was difficult, she liked so many creatures. But she had one favorite, and that was just not gonna change so easily. The girl was not mentioning an favorite for herself, so Crystal didn't dared to ask another time. She smiled bright as the girl asked her about her favorite. Whenever speaking about her greatest passion and things she liked, she forgot that she was so shy and afraid of what people thought of her. '' I like many creatures. But my favorite is an dragon, doesn't matter which one.'' She than said with an smile. Perhaps an girl would think of stupid about this, but this was the truth. She than waited for the reaction at the dungeons view and all. Crystal was very happy she wasn't in Slytherin, she didn't liked the scary dungeons so far. Whenever she had potions she quickly walked towards them and usually with Zachariah. ''' What is your view like?' She than asked the girl, curious if they even had an view. As the girl introduced herself she tried to remember the name a view times in her head. '' Oh.. I'm Crystal.. Nice to meet you.'' She than said an bit akwardly all of sudden.

Ivelisse had been casually observing the girl from the start of their conversation, wondering if she was friend material like she did with everyone she met. So far, it seemed like the ravenclaw was very different from herself. Far more quiet and calm, perhaps even a little bit shy. At the same time, she seemed like a soft person which reminded her of her own sister. So perhaps hanging out with this girl wouldn't be too bad. It wasn't unexpected that she replied to her question by mentioning she liked many creatures, yet Iva was pleasantly surprised when the other girl mentioned her favourite creature was a dragon. If she thought of dragons she imagined big, dangerous creatures which definitely didn't fit the vibe this girl was giving off. "Colour me impressed. Wouldn't have taken you for a dragons kind of girl." She nodded appreciatively after the girl's answer, now imagining her next to a giant dragon and trying not to chuckle at how funny that image was. "There isn't a lot of it." She laughed at the girl's question. "In the dorms there's just.. no view. The common room has some weird view of the lake." Iva answered. In reality, she didn't care much for their common room or her dorm. As long as her bed was comfortable and some of the other girls in her dorm stopped whining she'd be fine. "Cool. Kind of fits with your hair." She grinned when the girl introduced herself as Crystal, which seemed oddly fitting in cobination with her almost white hair.

Crystal smiled shy as the girl replied, she didn't took her for an dragon girl. The blonde figured the girl was right, dragons were big dangerous creatures to others. And ofcourse they were, but Crystal thought of them as very interesting. It seemed like the girl was impressed or at least not bored so she was glad. '' Dragons are beautiful. I've seen one when I was six years and from that day it stayed with me.'' She than explained more confident than usual. But talking about things she liked made her more comfertable. She listened as the girl explained the view of the dungeons. '' Oh.. do you see creatures swimming or living there also?'' She asked curious. The view from the tower seemed more pretty to be honest. As she spoke of her name she smiled, people had been mentioning her hair before also her big sister from heta omega. '' Thanks..'' She than looked around for an moment and hold her arm. '' Do you like it here at Hogwarts?'' She than asked the girl after some silence. Crystal was new to this, but she tried her best.

Even if the girl came off as a bit shy and quiet Ivelisse was starting to think she could actually be friends with her. Perhaps it was because she reminded her of her dad and sister or because Crystal seemed like she could use someone like her around. Sure, she had been surprised by the girl liking dragons of all creatures but still she seemed soft, fragile almost. "No way. Where did you see one?" Iva asked, cocking her head in curiousity as she looked at her. She had been around creatures for a big part of her life herself, but she hadn't ever seen a dragon up close. Heard about it plenty of times from her dad whenever he had been on a trip, but never seen one herself. "To be honest I haven't paid too much attention to it yet." She responded with a little shrug. "There's so much more to see in the castle after all and I've got seven whole years left to be stuck inside that common room." She laughed softly, wondering if Crystal would be up for exploring the castle a little bit more. Or if not, whether she was so polite that she wouldn't decline and Iva could just happily drag her along. "Obviously." She nodded confidently at the other girl's question. "I've been waiting to go for like years so I'm thrilled. Plenty to do and see with a little bit of exploring."

The white blonde listened as Ivelisse spoke. She seemed impressive about what she told about the dragon, and it wasn't even an lie. It was the truth. '' Oh.. I'm born in Denmark and there I've seen an Swedish Short-Snout when we visited Sweden.'' She than explained with an smile. Crystal had an bit of an accent but not that much. Listening as the girl spoke of the common room and seeing the lake. If she was there she would be sitting all the day in front of the window she figured. She wished she could see it for herself, wondering if she could see merepeople. But the girl was right and she grinned at her comment. '' That's true. The castle is so big.. It's hard to get on time with class.'' She than said blushing for an moment. The girl was so confident it seemed, she was waiting so long to go here. Crystal felt insecure about her own thoughts, she wasn't thrilled at all leaving her parents. And going in this big world alone. But it seemed that people weren't thinking that strange of her so far. '' What did you explore yet?'' She than asked the girl curiously.

Ivelisse had to admit she was a little envious that Crystal had seen a dragon but she obviously wasn't going to express that thought out loud. It sometimes annoyed her that her dad had all these great stories whenever he had gone on a trip yet would never take them with him. He'd always say he'd take Ana and her when they were older, so perhaps now that they were at school he actually would. There was plenty of times during the breaks after all. "Cool." She nodded when the other girl explained where she was from and where she had seen a dragon. It did make her wonder how she had ended up in new zealand, although she figured that was a question for another time. "If you wanna see for yourself I could always try to sneak you in some day." Iva grinned when Crystal didn't mention the common room again. Surely if the other girl liked creatures as much as it seemed then she would love to see for herself. "I mean if you have a bad sense of direction then yeah, I guess." She shrugged when the ravenclaw mentioned getting lost. She hadn't had too much problems with that herself yet, although that might just be because she had her sister show her around and took the tour for first years. "Just some corridors here and there, haven't found too much interesting yet. I'm still planning on going to the forest though." She responded, lowering her voice on that last part in case any prefects or professors were around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back