Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Georgiana walked down the steps of the school she now called home. It wasn't that she didn't have a home, but here she felt more accepted as a person and not just the housecleaner/baby cleaner/ and overall mother. Small Dove, was her Native American name, though she hardly used it anymore, it seemed unnatural to say it outside of the reservation and everyone here stuck to their English Names, or whatever country of birth names they had. She was an unusual type of girl, she mothered everyone, even some who were older then her. Example, her Boyfriend's best friend, she tried to use her mothering skills on him when he decided to run from her and Logan. It didn't work out to well and she feels terrible about it.

Logan was a whole other thing in her life. They started dating last year during the last Brightstone visit weekend. It had been out of the blue, she enjoyed his company and she was sure it had been the same on both sides. Georgiana merely thought it was puppy love and he was just putting up with her because she was interesting. Turned out to be more then just that. Now they hung out alot, either inside or outside. Sometimes in the Library, other times in their secret ctudy locations. They had a deal, Logan did her homework during these meetings while she practiced her guitar, and he would then later teach her all the information before tests. It actually worked out really well but she didn't enjoy the fact he had asked to do her work. They seemed right for each other and Georgiana was enjoying the time she had with him. He being older no doubt she figured would bore of her at somepoint and break it off.

Georgiana stopped and stared at a photo on the wall for a few minutes. It wasn't of anyone she knew but the face looks remarkably like Logan which had gotten her thinking about him without meaning too. She did seem to do that alot when he wasn't around. Of course the worst time when thoughts of him appeared in her mind was when he was there but couldn't be with her. Like for dinner in the Great Hall. She sat near her teammates on the Quidditch team and he at the Ravenclaw table. Georgiana wasn't jealous of the people who could talk to him, more sad that they could only use hand signals to talk and communicate. Her head tilted to the side as she looked at the picture, she needed to find her friends from last year and spend more time with them. That much was sure.

It was just another day for Jake, he woke up early after a mere hour of sleep and got dressed in his uniform, in the same fashion as any usual day. There was nothing special about that morning or anything they day had in store, or so he assumed. Jake's classes were the usual bore. He wasn't able to pay attention to anything that was going on due to his lack of sleep. This wasn't abnormal for him in the slightest, Jake was a night kind of person. It was impossible for him to sleep at night and during the day, staying awake was the hardest thing to do. That was why Jake had gotten in to the habit of having a coffee every morning. It was just a pity that on that morning, he just happened to forget in the morning school rush.

After one of his classes, Jake had given up for the day. He had other places to be and people to meet. It was all so exhausting and the last thing he wanted was to do more, he just wanted to go to his dorm room to just doze off and forget the rest of the day, he wanted to escape the sunlight and find himself in a familiar dream world, one where he wouldn't be disturbed and could do whatever he wanted without question. No matter how much Jake wanted that, it was out of the question. He had responsibilities and with great responsibilities come great power, or was it maturity or something? Jake didn't even know what was going on in his mind. There was just too much going on at once at a break neck pace and frankly, he didn't know what to do with himself.

The fatigue and his racing mind were all too much to handle for Jake. If he had the choice, he would just fall asleep right where he was. He wasn't able to however, he had go to another class and try to stay awake through the rest of the day. Jake continued to walk down the first floor corridor, and when he saw a familiar face, he managed a smile. It was Georgiana, a girl who had saved his life when he was a first year. The girl who was his first friend in Hogwarts New Zealand. Jake couldn't help but go up to her and say something, and when he did, Jake could only say a short and simple. "Hey." He had to say something to her, even if it was just one word.

Georgiana looked around when she heard a voice near her. It was Jake, the boy she saved last year. She hadn't seen much of him this year which was disappointing but it also meant he had found other friends to spend time with. "Hey, Jake! How're you doing?" She asked going up to him and giving him a hug. Georgiana felt bad about not speaking to him more, she's been caught up with Quidditch and Logan since the begining of the year. In her head she knew she was being a bad friend to all the people she knew, and in her heart she felt that pain.
OOCOut of Character:
Sucks, I know. Sorry

Smiling as Georgiana recognised him, Jake hugged back. In Jake's eyes, he would never be able to pay her back for what she did back in London. He would forever be in dept to her, he didn't mind this at all, it gave him an excuse to talk to her. He hadn't talked to her or seen much of her at all so far that year, it was saddening for him but now that he was talking to her, it wasn't a problem. "I am doing very well, if I may say so." Jake said jokingly, he was doing what he usually did, he would make a joke that wasn't that funny and it would make things awkward, although Jake had a feeling that this time it wouldn't be awkward. "And how have you been Georgie? That is if you don't mind me calling you that." Jake said, making sure he sounded friendly. Jake had grown to be a lot more confident during the year. He had made a friend or two and he didn't care so much about what other people thought and he wasn't so scared of being in social situations. Jake had Georgiana to thank, she had been his first friend at wizarding school and because of that, he had enough confidence to make more friends. The weariness Jake had been feeling since the morning was still as obvious as ever. More so on that day, he shouldn't have forgotten to drink a coffee in the morning. Although it was noticeable to him, he didn't think Georgiana would be able to notice, he had grown used to hiding these things.

Georgie smiled at the boy unsure if his answer was really true. She hadn't really seen much of him which was a shame, but he still owed her for saving his life. And being friends is what they had agreed on, and so far neither had been doing a good job keeping that up, but it was mostly her. Hanging around with Logan so much she lost contact with her friends. "Good, good. Logan and I've been spending alot of time down at the Pitch working on my Keeper skills. Cause you know I made the team," she told him with a bright smile on her face. It was one thing she'd never feel bad about when she bragged. The young girl had worked hard for the spot and it was well earned. She managed to stop plenty of shots so fair this year and it was always rewarding when they won a game. Looking over her friend she noticed something was off but she really couldn't pinpoint what it was, he wasn't an open book like her brother was.

It was a good thing for Jake to hear, about Georgiana working on her keeper skills. He had no previous idea that she would even try out for a sport. This was because he didn't know her as well as he would like to and the fact that they hadn't been in contact recently. Jake had thought it was him but now that he knew that Georgiana had been busy, it was a weight lifted of his shoulders. "That's good. I'm happy for you." Jake said nodding in her direction, keeping himself positive about the situation. He could always talk to her more, he had a hell of a lot of time on his hands and spending it having a conversation with somebody who had once saved his life was a good idea to him. "I've been average. I have nothing interesting to say about my year so far." Jake stated, much as he had stated before. It was a honest statement too. "Actually, how are things with you and Logan?" Jake asked, remembering the one time he had met Logan, it was at a gathering of Georgiana had organized for her friends that she had invited Jake too, he was glad he had been invited then and it was just the same as now.

"Thanks and sorry in advance if my team beats you cause your chasers can't get the quaffles past me," she said with a teasing laugh. The young girl still wasn't to sure about her skills but they were coming along nicely for being a beginner at the sport. Georgiana was sorry to hear that his life at Hogwarts was just normal, it seemed he must not have been up to much while she was keeping herself completely busy. "They're doing well actually, though he seems to be studying even more now that he's a fifth year and everything, but that's to be expected cause of the big tests, next year will be a down year for both of us, though fifth year I'm not looking forward too," she said unintentionaly diverting the conversation to tests, she was becoming more and more Ravenclaw like without even realizing it.

At Georgiana's last comment, Jake raised an eyebrow, tests weren't such a bad thing to him, he could pass easily without trying but he needed to try to get better marks. Although that wasn't his intentions, Jake wanted to do what he needed to do to get by, especially in school. Failing wasn't an option. "Are you worried about getting high marks or something?" Jake asked, concerned about the first friend he had made while he had been attending wizarding school, Jake would be happy to help her but he knew he wouldn't be much help, Logan would obviously be a lot more useful to Georgiana as he was in Ravenclaw and all. However, Jake had faith that his friend would do well, he didn't doubt her knowledge, particularly after she had saved his life the first time they met.

"More like not getting them high enough, Logan will be no help in fifth year, he'll be studying himself for his seventh year exams," she said rolling her eyes. She wasn't much of a studier but she was completely able to get good enough grades most of the time but lately with Logan and Quidditch taking up her time she found it hard to study. But then again she didn't have to spend as much time as she did with Logan, but she enjoyed their time together, it was when they could goof off and enjoy laughing without having anyone staring down their backs. Of course, Georgiana was the oldest girl in her grade making her fourteen the right around the time school started and Logan was still fifteen they still didn't venture very far into Romantic situations. They had kissed before and still do occassionaly but Georgiana wasn't one for close contact for long periods of time, but that had to do with the way she was raised. Without a mother to lean on and a busy father she never got much time to just sit and cuddle up next to her father or recieve hugs from anyone. She hadn't made a friend till she joined the school and then she still worried over the little things going on at home. No, Georgie supposed it was her own fault that she and Logan barely touched, but still she was more comfortable around him then anyone else at the school apart from her own brother. And with Logan leaving soon to be homeschool by her old Professor, Riley who was also looking after her own boyfriend she didn't see herself getting much contact from the human world the rest of her stay at Hogwarts. Of course she wouldn't let Jake know that. "So how've you been?" She questioned the boy standing before her, she had been his first friend at school and now was ashamed about not spending much time with him since, so she was prepared to take more time out of the week to search for him and bug him till he let her hang around.

Being the kind of person to hide from people, Jake hadn't spent much time with his friends recently, it was a bit irritating for the Slytherin, yes, he was naturally antisocial and couldn't make new friends very easily, but he did still want to be with his friends, especially Georgiana. He saw her as one of his closest friends, if not his best friend. He wasn't going to tell her this, if he did, he would embarrass himself because he assumed Georgiana had more friends than he did and she was a lot nicer then he was, making friends should be a breeze for somebody like her. "Sounds stressful, I think you'll be fine without Logan's help. I think you're really smart." Said Jake, scuffing the stone floor with his shoe, quietly smiling to himself, he didn't want it to seem like he was uncomfortable being around Georgiana, because he wasn't. He was just really tired, he would probably go to bed for a nap soon, and skip his classes for the rest of the day. Not that he minded at all. "Tired, mostly. I haven't been getting much sleep lately. You do realise you have asked me that already, don't you?" Jake asked, looking up at his friend, with a warm smile, attempting to change the subject, he didn't want to talk about himself.

Georgiana shrugged her shoulders, she wasn't sure how she was going to deal without being around Logan so much, for she was leaving a big part of the issue out but she didn't want to load all her problems onto one person. Sure Logan was going to be above the Equator and half way around the world for the rest of their schooling but she'd managed, she always did. Plus she could always transfer to Salem which was closer to home or even to Beauxbatons with Logan. "Sure, as long as the teachers are there for help I should be fine I guess," she said her mind still wondering how she was going to deal with losing her study buddy. Wondering off in her head she didn't catch most of what he said but she did catch one bit. "No I didn't, that was different. That was How're you doing? As in how you feel now, How've you been, is a more general topic spanning to the last time we meet, like the overall feeling since then," she said to him correcting his statement about what she said. Georgiana was used to this sort of correcting when she was home she'd correct her younger sister's statements all the time, well she actually corrected about everything she said.

Flashing a reassuring smile in his friend’s direction, Jake was glad Georgiana knew there were more people to help her with school than Logan, it was obvious from the start but Jake overlooked this. It was something Jake didn't want to answer, he never wanted somebody else to know what he was feeling, sometimes it was too sinister for him to sound normal and at other times, he didn't even know himself. Jake thought it was his duty to make other people feel better about themselves and their life in general, he would never imagine somebody else actually caring about what was going on in his head. "Still, I'm just tired." Said the third year, he was lying but he would rather focus on Georgiana instead of talking about himself. "What about you, have you been feeling okay lately?" Asked Jake, a caring tone to his voice, he only really wanted to talk about Georgiana anyway.

Georgie smiled at her friend, he was slightly younger then her but not by more then a year considering she didn't actually know when his birthday was but given that her and her brother were the oldest in the class that meant Jacob had to be younger. Still he was cute and she was glad to see that he took care of himself for the most part, being herself Georgiana always worried that her friends weren't caring for themshelves in the right manner, but that was mostly to keep her mind off how her younger sister was doing at home with only their dad to really care for her and all three children knew that there wasn't much he could offer besides money for food and other supplies. "You should sleep more, afternoon naps are the best," she said with a smile towards her friend. Glancing around she began to realize she had forgotten why she was even down on the first floor to begin with. "Um, I've been feeling normal, the usual feeling you get with school work and sports that need to be done," she said shrugging her shoulders in a response. Not many people actually returned the favor of asking the question back when it came to her. Most believed they had her figured out, happy if she was smiling and thinking when she wasn't but she was like most other humans and her emotions went deeper then just happy most of the time.

It was refreshing for the antisocial third year, to finally see Georgiana again and an added bonus was that they were actually having a pleasant conversation. Whenever Jake usually talked to somebody. He would feel really awkward and withdraw himself from the situation, but not with a friend like Georgiana, he felt comfortable around her and didn't want this to end anytime soon, but it might have been inevitable with his luck. "I haven't had one before, usually in the afternoon I am too busy working on assignments." Said the Slytherin, trying to direct the topic of conversation back to school again, it was a more safe topic to talk about. And he didn't really want to make things awkward for himself now that he actually wasn't feeling nervous for a change. He liked how Georgiana brought hat out in him and that was one of the many reasons why she was one of his best friends. "I understand, is it the kind of feeling when something needs to be done and you just can't be bothered so you distract yourself?" He asked, he amused himself with the way he had described what Georgiana might have meant in such intricate detail, he was overthinking himself again but he didn't mind, not yet anyway.

Georgiana moved over to a stone bench that was against the wall as her friend spoke. Once she was seated she patted the spot next to her inviting him to join her on the bench instead of standing in the middle of the corridor. "You should, they aren't just for babies," she said back to him. Leaning against the wall she brought her legs up to her chest an rested her arms on her knees. Georgie smiled as he tried to over analyze what she was saying. "I guess that's why I joined Quidditch, less time to think about having to do homework," she answered back not wanting to tell him that she hadn't really that much by what she said.

The thirteen year old bit his lip when Georgiana gestured for him to sit next to her at the bench. He really did have somewhere else to be, well, he was supposed to be catching up on school work and that was important, but he didn't want to pass up staying and talking to his friend a little longer, even if it was just for a few minutes, time management had never been his forte. "Plus, you can try to use Quidditch practice as an excuse for skipping homework." Said Jake, casually shrugging and thinking about what would happen if he joined the Slytherin team, he knew it would end up badly, he was a creative type of person, the thought of being athletic didn't even strike him as possible. This made Jake admire Georgiana a little more, she could focus on her schooling as well as sports, which was more than he had time for.

"Isn't that basically what I said? It's what I meant atleast," she said to her friend wondering if what she said was really hard to understand. Sighing she leaned back realizing she had a Quidditch practice in about half an hour that she needed to go get ready for which meant she had to go all the way back to her Common Room on the seventh floor to get to her room her practice uniform on and then all the way out to the Quidditch Pitch, it was a shame that they couldn't fly in the school or out on the lawn, it would make everything go faster and she could stay and chat with her friend longer.

The pale thirteen year old tilted his head to the side in a curious manor when Georgiana leant back. It was never unusual for a child to let their curiosity get the better of them, which in fact Jake had done before, but alas, Jake wasn't a child and therefore should act more mature, more like an adult, but Jake wasn't an adult either, he was in one of the most awkward and confusing times in his life, adolescence. Nothing made much sense to him unless it was spelled out in front of his fatigued eyes. He was growing up to me more normal than he would have thought, but none of this seemed as important to the Slytherin as it probably should have. "So, what''s on your mind?" Asked Jake, casually smiling and trying to lighten up the melancholic mood of conversation, without weighing up any possible outcomes.

Georgiana glanced over at her friend knowing it would be easy to let everything on her mind fly out her mouth in that instant but she couldn't bother others with issues that she needs to figure out for herself, Logan leaving for another school would be a big change, and it already was. She wasn't sure if she'd be able to keep up a relationship with someone she'd never see. "I have to go get ready for Quidditch practice," she finally said outloud. The young girl was disappointed that her life kept her from seeing her friends very often, but that was the way it went round.

The third year had struggled to make friends throughout his life, meeting a friend like Georgiana was by chance, or just sheer luck. Jake wasn't going to let anything he did ruin that friendship. He nodded at Georgiana and replied "Then you should go. I don't want to make you late." No matter how much the Slytherin wanted to stay and converse with his friend more, they both had other priorities, Georgiana had Quidditch practice and Jake had to work on some assignments. Jake was going to wait until his friend left first, he wanted some time alone before returning to his common room.

"I'm sorry, though prehaps someday I'll be the captain and make all the desicions then we can hang whenever you're free," she said with a smile standing up ready to run back up stairs. Georgiana knew she would have to cover alot of ground in the next thirty minutes if she wanted to make it on time so she wanted to get going as soon as possible but didn't want to be rude to her friend. She wasn't even sure if he had made anymore friends besides herself and Kate Moon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back