Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Dan ♡
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Unyielding Dogwood Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
With the new semester starting, Charlotte was happy to be back at Hogwarts to see everyone again. After their fallout last semester, Cairo and Charlotte were on good terms now and it put the prefect in a good mood when she saw him again. It was nice not to have any enemies and Charlotte wished to keep it that way, no matter how much Rome tried to get between them. Despite this, Slytherin's second loss in quidditch of the year didn't keep her in the best spirits. She wanted nothing more than to be a good captain for her team and felt like she wasn't doing a good enough job. She figured however that she shouldn't think too much of it and decided she would meet Daniel at the lakefront today to get her mind off any negativity. She had really missed him during the holidays and was excited to see him again after so long. He somehow always managed to cheer her up and with confidence that he would, Charlotte happily made her way out into the grounds and saw that she was the first one there. She sat herself on the edge of the lake and reached over to collect some small rocks she could throw as she waited. They skidded across the water and Charlotte smirked to herself as she continued to throw more.

Dan was happy to be back, it was yet another semester and an opportunity to see his friends again. Mostly he was looking forwards to spending more time with Charlotte, and after Slytherin's loss of the quidditch game he wanted to cheer her up. He had made plans to meet her that day and Daniel glanced at his watch, realising it was time to go down to the lake. He was a little late, though he knew it would be fine. Still, he arrived outside in no time and put his hands in his pockets as he went to the lake, running a hand through his hair. He smiled when he saw her, noticing how good she was at throwing rocks in the water. Hopefully she'd notice his presence soon. He decided to join her in picking rocks and throwing them in the lake, but before he did so, he sat down next to her, putting an arm around her. "Hey Char," he greeted. "How were your holidays?"

Charlotte watched as the rocks she threw skidded gracefully along the water. She didn't realise how entertaining it was to throw them and had collected a pile of thin rocks in her hand which proved to be the best fit. As she noticed Daniel's arm around her shoulder she beamed and smiled at him before planting a kiss on his lips. He always seemed to make her day better without even trying. "Hey." she said, still smiling at him. "My holidays were good! It's great to get a break from school sometimes, but I really did miss you." She placed her rocks down and turned to face him, wanting to tell him everything that she did. "I mostly just played quidditch. But I also got to go to Wales to see my family for Christmas! I don't know much about the language but my aunty taught me that to say goodbye it's 'Hwyl fawr' which is pretty cool. What did you do during the holidays?" Despite how much she wanted to say more, she kept it short and was eager to hear what Dan had been up to as well.

Daniel smiled instinctively through the kiss, and when she smiled at him. It was always nice to see her smiling. "I missed you too, loads," he admitted. His holidays had been eventful, for a change, his parents had both managed to take some time off from work and they had gone to Scotland to visit family, his cousins he hadn't seen in a while. The sixth year listened to Charlotte's retelling of her break and he was glad she had fun. "That's really cool, I don't speak Welsh but I have Welsh family members," he told her. When she asked about his break, he thought about what part of it he wanted to recount as there was a lot to say. "I went to Scotland to visit my cousins, Xavier's family. We had a big family reunion, which was nice. They took us sightseeing, and we spent Christmas there. We talked a lot, or well caught up with what's happening in each other's lives. They kind of asked me about you," he added, pursing his lips to prevent himself from laughing. "It was...weird," he said honestly. "But it was nothing bad I promise. I guess Xavier must've seen us around together last semester."

Charlotte was glad that Daniel had missed her too. He made her feel loved and she couldn't help but blush slightly at his words. "I don't speak any Welsh either, but everyone on my father's side does. It's really nice over there, but the seasons are all messed up. It was snowing when we went there whilst it was really hot over here." Charlotte thought that it was cool that they both had Welsh heritage as it meant they had something in common, making them even closer. The girl smiled as she listened to what else he had to say. "Xavier... I think I met someone named Xavier! He asked me if I knew you at Ollivander's at the beginning of the year. That's it! That's your cousin!" Charlotte beamed, feeling as if she had achieved something. She picked up one of the rocks that she had placed on the ground and threw it out into the water, watching as it skidded along. "Did you want to try?" she asked Dan, holding a rock out to him.

Dan nodded at Charlotte's words in agreement, thinking over what she was saying. "For me, it's the opposite here, since I'm from England," he smiled thinly at her as he said that, he was used to it by now especially as he moved to live in New Zealand. "But I'm used to it now." He shrugged. When Charlotte didn't comment on the fact that his family asked him about her, he assumed she didn't think it weird which only made him smile more warmly at her. The Slytherin chuckled at her exclamation about his younger cousin. "Yeah, he tends to do that. He must've been excited to come here," he guessed, considering Charlotte saw him before the new year began. "He has two younger sisters too, though I doubt they're going to Hogwarts while we're still here." He pulled his arm away from around her shoulders and took the rock from her when she asked, throwing it up and down in his hand before he threw it in the water and watched with delight as it skidded twice. "Well what do you know," he smirked and winked at Charlotte. She was still better than him, though. "You should teach me how to throw better," he said after a minute, glancing at his girlfriend to see her expression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back