Come Fly With Me

Damien Blade

OOC First Name
Johanna
Damien was enjoying his breakfast down in the Great Hall. The place was buzzing with various different conversations between students. Thankfully there was no talk of another Rumor Has It magazine. Damien had never really paid attention to the magazine before he had been mentioned. Only he had heard his name being mentioned last time he wouldn't have given the thing the time of day. Now like many other students in the school he wanted to find out who the culprits were and let them pay. It was because of that blasted magazine that he and Andi were no longer speaking. If the stupid thing hadn't insulted her pride things would have been better. He was still a bit miffed that he had been called gay. Why? Was it just because he liked music? Damien sighed. There was no point even giving the authors of the magazine satisfaction. That was why he had not reacted in the hall. If he had then that was egging them on. He had stayed silent until Andrea had reacted. That's when things had gone wrong. She hadn't taken it well and she thought that he hadn't cared because he hadn't reacted. He hadn't been able to explain his reaction. She had gone off before he could explain. They had both been very angry and they both knew how bad their tempers were. Their clash would not be pleasant. It would end like a disaster. Neither of them had spoken in ages and even though he didn't like to admit it,he missed her . She had been a close friend of his and now they were avoiding each other. Damien felt like banging his head off the table. To make matters worse JazzyMae was acting out lately. She was having mood swings and Damien didn't really know how to act around her. When he had accidently called her pretty she had taken it the wrong way entierly. They hadn't spoken since and like Andi he missed her. His feelings for her had changed. Rather unexpectedly. It had been a complete shock to him but the more he thought of it the more it felt right but he wasn't sure if she felt the same way. She seemed so fragile. Damien just wanted to wrap her up in a hug and tell her everything was going to be alright. But from experience Damien knew that didn't always work and it wasn't always right. Some things just aren't going to be alight but you have to deal with them and get through them.

Damien walked down to the quidditch pitch. For once he did not have a guitar in his hand. Instead he had a broom. He was in his proper Gryffindor Quidditch robes. He wanted to try and make the team next year instead of being an alternative. He had been delighted to see that their team had won again. They were also leading in the House Points. Damien couldn't be more proud to be a part of the house. He was now on his way to try and fly. He wanted to see would it be easier to clear his head if he was up in the air. He hadn't always liked flying. He had laughed when he had seen broom and fly in the same sentence. He had not been confident in the brooms or his ability to fly.He found it hard to wrap the idea around his head. It hadn't been until he had got up into the air and started flying that he realized how much fun it was.Three years later he was an alternate on the quidditch team. He liked the position beater the best. He enjoyed hitting things with a bat. It was a good anger release. He needed that. For the moment he was using a football and a wall to release the emotion but he couldn't wait to give the bludger a right whack. He walked into the pitch. There was no one else around which was nice. He could practice with peace and quiet and not feel like people were watching him. He mounted his broom and took off into the sky. The sensation of flying never got old. The fact that he was flying on a broom made it ever more surreal. If he had been a muggle he wouldn't be able to do any of this. Muggles really did miss out on a lot. Damien continued flying,letting his thoughts melt away with the breeze.

JazzyMae sat at the Hufflepuff table. She was still a little drowsy because she had just woken up. She did not sleep very well. She had went to the nurse so she could get something to calm down her nerves. Her mind had just been so active lately. It was annoying. She was not feeling very hungry, so she only ate eggs and bacon. She drank two glasses of milk. As a little girl she loved milk and she would drink it no matter what time in the day it was. A familiar caught her eye. Damien. Sadly, she had only got to see a glimpse of him before he disappeared out of the Great Hall. She looked back down at her plate. She and Damien had not talked since he had called her pretty. She had almost threw dirt at him the last time they saw each other. She had been really moody, and she completely understood why many people did not want to hang out with her. She was just so out of her normal happy self. She had a feeling in was just school getting to her, so she hoped that after the break she would not feel so irritated all the time. There were family matters that need to be settled, and she hoped they would be settled over the weekend. JazzyMae left the Great Hall and headed to her house. She had a perfect idea on how to get her mind off of things. Flying. Maybe she could take out a few bludgers and smack them around. She had missed being a Beater. Hufflepuff's current Beaters acted like they did not want to protect them, and their attitude had gotten all the Chasers hit by bludgers and tired out. JazzyMae sighed. Thinking about her Quidditch team's defeat made her frustrated. She could not believe she was not over the game yet.

After changing, JazzyMae walked out to the Pitch with a quaffle under one arm and her streak in her other hand. Her broom was given to her by Kennedy because he thought she could use it better than he ever could. She had lost two games with the broom, and she would make sure to win against Ravenclaw when they faced them later on in the year. JazzyMae mounted her broom and took off in the sky. Her hair was up in a ponytail because having it blow in her face would make her break the quaffle with her teeth. jazzyMae headed to the hoops. She had plans of throwing the quaffle at one of the hoops, but she had sworn she heard another broom flying around. She decide to ignore it and she threw the quaffle at left hoop.

Damien was enjoying his flight up in the sky. It was nice only hearing the sound of the wind whoosh past his ear. A lot had been happening in his life recently. Big changes that he hadn't expected. Some were good and others were bad. One which he had mixed feelings over was the fact that he was now dyslexic. He had been diagnosed over the break. His Mam had been worried by the fact that even after three years he could still not read or write properly. He had been having extra lessons and he had to teach himself the basics in Hogwarts as there was no English class there and he hadn't learned anything in his old primary school. He had undergone a series of tests and it was found he was dyslexic. Damien hadn't really understood most of the things the doctor had said. It had explained why his words were always jumbled up and how he didn't understand some words people didn't say. The inability to write was a mixture of not being taught properly and his difficulty with reading. Since he couldn't have grinds in Hogwarts he had to have special sessions with a special teacher during the holidays every day to help improve his reading and ability to understand certain words. Damien was happy to know that hopefully he would improve somewhat. It was hard trying to keep up with everyone in class. His writing had improved greatly over the holidays so classes so far had been easier. Reading was still hard and in some of his subjects he was always the last person to finish reading. It was embarrassing because some people thought he was just stupid,well he got that from the whispers anyways. It was nice to know that he wasn't just stupid and there is actually something wrong.

Damien was thinking about this as he flew. Flying was a nice way to think about everything. You could just think freely with out distractions. It let his think properly too so he could decide how he felt about something. He found himself getting distracted though. He shouldn't be, after all there wasn't anything to distract him out her. There was no one flying or watching him and he was up in the air. The only other things up here were birds and there were none that he could see. He was trying to think about one thing but the mess with JazzyMae kept pushing it's way into his thoughts,it was distracting him from trying to think about other things. It was annoying and it seemed the harder he tried not to think about it the more prominent it became in his mind. Damien cursed under his breath and flew faster,trying to focus his attention totally on his flying. Maybe if he hadn't been so focused on flying he would have noticed the other person who had also started flying. He made his way to the other end of the pitch,pushing his brrom faster. His eyes were watering and his attention was fixed only on his hands on his broom,which wans't a very good idea as he couldn't see where he was going but from as he was looking at his hands on his broom he could see the pitch below him and he had a rough idea of where he was. As he came to the hoops he slowed ever so slightly and leaned his broom towards the right and suddenly he felt something hit his shoulder. His concentration was interrupted and he was in shock from being hit from something. His broom feel sharply and he just about came to his senses before he hit the ground. He looked up angrily ,a quaffle ha fallen to the ground below him. He saw someone else up on their broom. Damien wondered how he had missed them. He rose his broom. Where the hell had they come from? And why had they thrown a quaffle when they must have seen him. When he was beside JazzyMae, he was still feeling angry "What the hell was that?"He said looking angrily at her. "Sorry"He said quickly afterwards,he regretted his words. She obviously hadn't done that on purpose but Damien had a nasty temper and nearly falling to the ground from a broom left you feeling shaky and shocked. "Sorry,it's just I wasn't expecting to be hit by something"He said his voice more gentle this time.

Just as JazzyMae threw the quaffle she realized that someone was flying that direction. She gasped when the quaffle made contact with Damien's face. She covered her hand with her mouth. Her shot had almost made it in, but Damien had to get in the way. She put her hand on her side and sighed. He should have gotten alternate keeper instead of alternate beater. Then again, a Chaser was not her best position. She watched as the ball fell down to the ground. She did not pay attention to Damien who seemed to be angry. She did not want to see him be angry at her, so she did not look at him. She got soft and weak whenever Damien was around. He was officially her weakness. She did not want to kill the friendship they had with her anger. "Why did you just let it fall to the ground? she asked gently. She glanced at him, but quickly looked back at her Sienna Storm. JazzyMae just couldn't look at him.

Damien soon calmed down and got over the shock of nearly falling to the ground from fairly high up. Needless to say he would have been badly injured. He would be in much pain also but thankfully he had gained control of his broom and he had managed to escape unharmed. He didn't like how she kept avoiding her gaze. She was really starting to frustrate him. He wished she would just tell him what was wrong and let him help. Why did some people have to be so stubborn. Better out then in. Which could be used for other situations but in this one he meant sharing your problems always makes you feel better. He had learned that, or maybe find something that helps you release the anger. Music was his things, JazzyMae should try and find something too so she doesn't have outbursts of anger like she had been having recently. Damien pursed his lips "Well, whilst trying to stop myself from falling to the ground the fate of the ball slipped my mind"He said his voice laced with sarcasm. He took a deep breath and looked at JazzyMae. "Come on JazzyMae look at me for God's sake"He said the frustration clear in his voice. He just wanted to help her,be her friend. He wished she would let him do that.

JazzyMae could sense Damien's frustration. She wanted the quaffle back, but Damien had to let it fall to the ground! He should be grateful that there weren't any bludgers flying around that could hit him. Those would hurt much worse than a quaffle. She thought about just ignoring him and going to get the quaffle, but she did not want to make him more frustrated. "You should just fell! Then I would have been there to help you up! You act like I won't be there for you if you fall!" she snapped at Damien. She tried to be a good friend, but sometimes it was hard when people did not trust her. She knew how to forget about her problems in order to help a friend. JazzyMae would have rathered Damien fall and catch the quaffle than just complain about being hit. She would be able to spend more time with him he fell and she had to take him to the Hospital Wing. JazzyMae looked at Damien. He was frustrated. She did not like that and it made her nervous. When she was nervous she felt like hitting something. "Why do I have to look at you? What if I hate seeing you look so frustrated?" she asked and looked him in he eyes. She did not want to see him like this. She rather see him in pain than see him like this.

Damien sighed, for the past few weeks he had been worrying about JazzyMae. She seemed so different to the girl he had first met in First Year. All her emotions were confusing him. Both herself and Andi. What was it with girls? Always so emotionally and unpredictable. The last time they had met, JazzyMae had freaked out just because he had complemented her appearance. He thought girls like being called pretty and being complimented. It seemed he was wrong though. He would never understand girls. He wasn't sure he wanted to, their minds seemed completely different to his own. "Well when I'm falling from the sky, the first thought in my head is not, just fall and hopefully the person who throws the quaffle at me will catch me or bring me to the hospital wing when I injure myself from falling off my broom"He said angrily. He hadn't even known who had thrown the quaffle or thing at him. All he had felt was something hit him and distract him, making him loose his concentration. "It's not like I didn't think you help me it's just I had no idea what had happened, it was only when I saw you and the quaffle that I realized what had happened"He said exasperated. He did trust her, he was sure she would bring him to the hospital wing and make sure he was okay but he hadn't known she was there. "Well I wouldn't be frustrated if you just looked at me and stopped acting the way you are"He said "You have been acting differently lately and I wish you would just tell me whats wrong so I can at least understand it"He said , he was now in front of her on his broom, making sure she didn't try to get away.

JazzyMae was getting very annoyed. She did not like fighting with people. It was always no fun, and it made her get violent. JazzyMae to scream and tell Damien to shut up, but she did not say anything. She kept her cool. She did not say anything. She just let him talk. He did not know anything. He did not know what was going on. He was so clueless. She did not want compliments. She wanted to have someone to be there for he and not start screaming at her when she was clearly going through some problems. She just felt so angry and alone. Her brothers were of no help to her, and her mother acted like she was keeping this big secret from her. JazzyMae felt herself start to tear up. Why did she have to start crying now? How annoying. "I guess I am sorry for not being the friend you want me to be, Damien." she said and was getting ready to fly down to get the quaffle, but he was in her way. She thought of pushing him out of her way, but she did not want to hurt him. Hurting him would kill her inside. "Up until now, you have never asked what's wrong!" she yelled at him. JazzyMae clutched her broomstick. She was crying now. He had not asked, so she had not told him anything. It was not like she would care about her petty problems. Who would care?

Damien hated fighting with people. He had done enough of it as a kid and usually it had ended up getting physical and he would spend a few days in bed or have to go to hospital because of it. He doubted it was going to happen in this case bu he had a feeling this would be worse then any fight he had had before.He was trying to keep his temper in check but he had a bad temper and it was one that tended to get out of control easily. He wanted to be there for her, help her through whatever was going on and to him she wasn't letting him. His compliment had slipped out of his mouth accidently, he hadn't meant to say it. He had been embarrassed at first and then downright confused. "That's not it"He said trying to calm his temper down, they were getting no where, fighting like this. "I just want to help you and be there for you but I just don't understand you, I never know what to say around you"He said truthfully. He never knew how to act around her, he was always unsure of what he said. "I know and I'm sorry. It's just I've never spoken long enough and I've never known how to ask. I just asked how were you and you always said alright and I didn't want to press the issue."He said. He hated seeing her crying and being so upset. He hadn't meant to do it.He had just lost control of his temper.

JazzyMae tried to wiped away her tears, but they just kept flowing down her cheeks. She felt so pathetic crying like this. She was definitely asking for attention. Chase had been right about that. "You don't have to do anything but be there. That's all you need to do. Just be there." she said looking back down at her broom. She hated letting Damien see her like this. He was the only who had broken her walls. She kind of felt comfortable crying around him. She trusted him. He would not doing anything bad with her secrets. Damien was always there. He may not be informed on what's going on in her life, but he was there for her once she deciced to spill it all. "Well, I guess I can tell you, but you have to get the quaffle first." she said gently. She was trying to calm down. She did not want to argue with Damien anymore, but she did want the quaffle back.

Damien's anger had no completely vanished, he felt guilty and terrible for making her cry like this. He moved his broom beside hers and gave her a big hug "You know I'll always be there"He said truthfully. He would never let a friend down, he was as loyal as they came and if JazzyMae needed him he would be there. He wiped away the remaining tears and gave her a final squeeze before letting go. He hoped that had made her feel somewhat better. He just wanted her to be happy. She had seemed so down for the past few weeks and he hated seeing her unlike her usual bubbly self. Damien smiled "Sure"He said before lowering himself to the ground, where he collected the quaffle. He flew back up to her and gave her the quaffle "Now, there you go"He said smiling, hoping she would crack somewhat or a smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back